Room service food and Buffalo wings.

Judyrem

We had a long tour and were not eating until later that night on Allure.  I was craving Buffalo wings and some snackies.  Has anyone ordered them?  How about the nachos or cheesesteaks?

Sometimes I just want bar type food!

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

We had a long tour and were not eating until later that night on Allure.  I was craving Buffalo wings and some snackies.  Has anyone ordered them?  How about the nachos or cheesesteaks?

Sometimes I just want bar type food!

They are ok, order several plates, they only come with around 5. Get a variety, it costs the same

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They are ok, order several plates, they only come with around 5. Get a variety, it costs the same

I figured as much, but I crave wings, the hotter and crispier the better!

I enjoy wings at home and have found them to be fine on most ships.  They aren't as good as you'll get from a good wing place at home but they always work for me. 

Just like a Chops steak isn't as good as a great steak restaurant at home, so it goes for the wings.  However when I have a craving for wings, they do it for me.  Crispness varies by ship or maybe cook on duty at the moment.  Sometimes they are more moist compared to other times and their idea of hot (spicy) isn't the same as mine.   

Playmakers hot is very hot.  No so with room service wings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spookwife said:

prepare to be disappointed.   anyone in Buffalo would  be insulted if served them.  

And the lobster isnt from Maine, and the pizza isnt as good as New York or Chicago.  I get it, but I'd rather be on a ship than in Buffalo 

• Like 16
  • Haha 4

Y

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

I enjoy wings at home and have found them to be fine on most ships.  They aren't as good as you'll get from a good wing place at home but they always work for me. 

Just like a Chops steak isn't as good as a great steak restaurant at home, so it goes for the wings.  However when I have a craving for wings, they do it for me.  Crispness varies by ship or maybe cook on duty at the moment.  Sometimes they are more moist compared to other times and their idea of hot (spicy) isn't the same as mine.   

Yes PLAYMAKERS!   I don't care if there is an upcharge, I need hot crispy wings and a pitcher of Stella or Dos Equis.  "Sometimes" it's better for ME than gourmet cuisine.😉  My husband often said that I was such a cheap date "at times" LOL.

I usually order mine at Taco Mac with three mile island sauce!

Edited by Judyrem
I will call down to roomservice and talk to the "cook".
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

This is why I order a variety when using room service. More chance of finding something palatable 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Variety the spice of life and palatable too.  Agree with you John.

I saw this hideous video of a guy who ordered everything that was on the Carnival room service menu, I had to turn it off!

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:04 AM, spookwife said:

prepare to be disappointed.   anyone in Buffalo would  be insulted if served them.  

Like Buffalo is the only place that knows how to make great wings.  No offense, but it doesn't take much skill.  ...and it's not like chicken is somehow a local cuisine to Buffalo.  LOL

Dan

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yes, but personally I'd much rather eat in one of the ship's venues than in my cabin. 

The idea of eating in my cabin just seems awkward and like I'm being a total bum.

Dan

Depends on the cabin😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, John&LaLa said:

And the lobster isnt from Maine, and the pizza isnt as good as New York or Chicago.  I get it, but I'd rather be on a ship than in Buffalo 

Especially during the Winter months and on a ship in the Caribbean..  LOL

usa-weather_cold-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomservo said:

Has the quality of the food from room service gotten any better as a result of the charge? Or is it just a money grab?

Quality is subjective.  However, the variety of options has been increased since the charge was instituted.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:04 AM, spookwife said:

As one of America's foremost Buffalo Wing Experts, I disagree,  At least with regard to Playmaker's wings.