Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

10 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Apparently what I'd posted weren't Voyagers Club gifts at all.  Here's what was provided (confirmed this time by other Black card members onboard)😱

20191024_220357.thumb.jpg.fbea88db1a2248fa2d72f49ebe02a7d3.jpg

Eeek!!

At least the chocolate ships, once delivered, should be much more to your taste!!

11 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Apparently what I'd posted weren't Voyagers Club gifts at all.  Here's what was provided (confirmed this time by other Black card members onboard)😱

20191024_220357.thumb.jpg.fbea88db1a2248fa2d72f49ebe02a7d3.jpg

That is the VC gift ? If so what a joke.

22 minutes ago, sidari said:

Totally agree - as do others onboard.

As far as I'm concerned,  this is another downgrade as,a result of status-match 😏

Edited by Beamafar

32 minutes ago, sidari said:

I had to ask for my VC gift this morning and was given only 1 even though there are 2 of us Bkack cad in the cabin.  I was told it is a "stress ship" that you squeeze when stressed 😂

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Eeek!!

At least the chocolate ships, once delivered, should be much more to your taste!!

The chocolate ships arrived, too, and, of course, are quite big to reflect the class of ship. I didn't take a photo of them as everyone knows what they look like! 😀

Edited by Beamafar
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jvsnana said:

I had to ask for my VC gift this morning and was given only 1 even though there are 2 of us Bkack cad in the cabin.  I was told it is a "stress ship" that you squeeze when stressed 😂

We were given those in 2012 on poesia as prizes in games! ...🙄😱

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The chocolate ships arrived, too, and, of course, are quite big to reflect the class of ship. I didn't take a photo of them as everyone knows what they look like! 😀

We took ours home for our 4 year old grandson. Initially he was very pleased, than ecstatically excited to discover they were not hollow like easter eggs. Over the space of a couple of days he had us dismantle the ship....via a sharp knife.....section by section i.e. bow, then stern etc. an amazing amount of chocolate, it was so funny.

I read the other comments re the VC 'stress' ship....it's embarrassing, they'd be better doing nothing as giving anyone those! 🤣 

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

Yesterday's lunch menu

20191025_125204.thumb.jpg.f66380140ac3c68598feb72210af6772.jpg

I just had the slices of striploin fromm the appetizer list with rice from the mains vegetarian option.  The meat was very rare and was a cold cut, so I got the waiter to put it under the salamander to heat it - it also cooked it more, which was a plus.  DH had the burger, then shared another one with one of the couple we were having lunch with.

20191025_131850.thumb.jpg.4768421038a156e68886d5b74a7c92a3.jpg

We dined in Butcher's Cut last night with Lifeasme, her husband and another couple who were friends of theirs, so I don't have last night's dinner menu  yet.  We had a wonderful evening;  those who had the filet mignon thought the steaks, and how they were cooked, were perfect, as was everything else.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, sidari said:

We were given those in 2012 on poesia as prizes in games! ...🙄😱

I have one as well from one of our first sailings, when I won some competition and was given a whole load of stuff, including a mouse mat, too.

1 minute ago, sidari said:

Yep, Mouse mat, back pack, pens lol.

... and a strange shaped piece of cloth that I can only describe as being in the shape of a handkerchief that would have knots in the four corners, similar to what old(er) men used to wear in Ireland and England to protect their heads from the sun (some still do lol)  🙄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

When staying in the YC are you allowed to eat in other MDR for dinner? Allowed to book waves for lunch?

You don't need to book for lunch ... you just turn up and are seated, usually with others, at the next available table.

I don't know if it is possible to have dinner in an MDR when in YC.  A couple here will be "downstairs" for the next leg and have asked us to join them one night.  They are hoping that Arthur will facilitate that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sidari said:

Did you mean the Pirate bandana's ? Got a few of those and card holder lanyards ... 😁

Yep!  Must remember that one 😀

Got lanyards, too, without a ship's name on them.  We were gifted a couple of Musica ones on Armonia in January lol ... the only Musica-class ship we haven't been on (yet!).

On 10/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, Beamafar said:

Internet is slow so posting photos is going to be laborious 🙄

Enjoying your review--thank you for all of the great info.

What internet package did you buy?  Is it per person, or can each of you use your individual phone on the plan with only one of you making the purchase?  

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Yep!  Must remember that one 😀

Got lanyards, too, without a ship's name on them.  We were gifted a couple of Musica ones on Armonia in January lol ... the only Musica-class ship we haven't been on (yet!).

Oh and those draw string bags ... 😁

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Enjoying your review--thank you for all of the great info.

What internet package did you buy?  Is it per person, or can each of you use your individual phone on the plan with only one of you making the purchase?  

I purchased a package that was specific to our 23 night cruise.  It cost €100 for 6.5gb and can be used on 2 devices.  I'm only using one.  I'm only checking emails,  messaging a little and posting here and I am using almost all of my daily allowance (I divided the allowance by 24 days to keep track of usage) as I sometimes forget to put the phone into flight mode 🙄 (easiest way to switch off the connection).

I reckon DH can log in and use his device as the second one but he doesn't want to as he's afraid he'll use too much of the allowance 🙄

Edited by Beamafar

The YC restaurant manager has told me that the menus rotate every 14 nights, plus 2 Gala night menus (you can see which number menu you're getting as it's (small) printed on the side of the last page.

This morning he told me that he had fishn'chips for me last night but I never came for it 🤣🤣🤣.  He wanted to know if I wanted it tonight.  🙄😁😁  Looks like this is going to be a running joke with him.

• Haha 3

Just found out that our prebooked Cirque and tryptic packages are not in the system.  I've made the concierge aware that I don't want to pay the 15% added onboard charge as he said I could still book the packages now.  I explained that I had prebooked to avoid the extra cost.  I had to show him the voucher I received, but, unfortunately, the code for the Cirque booking is showing as 'gourmet' and the concierge was insistent that it was for dinner & show despite me showing him an email from MSC outlining that I had booked the cocktail & show.🙄

This is the problem with the Ireland site only allowing you to prebook, but not prepay for anything.  I always found it convenient before because it meant not having to pay til the credit card bill from the cruise came in, plus it's better to keep all payments to the onboard account when collecting points, rather than be splitting your spend between spend pre-cruise and onboard spend.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

....I reckon DH can log in and use his device as the second one but he doesn't want to as he's afraid he'll use too much of the allowance 🙄

Methinks it's you he's afraid of, inasmuch as utilising the allowance early despite your careful maths! 🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Just found out that our prebooked Cirque and tryptic packages are not in the system.  I've made the concierge aware that I don't want to pay the 15% added onboard charge as he said I could still book the packages now.  I explained that I had prebooked to avoid the extra cost.  I had to show him the voucher I received, but, unfortunately, the code for the Cirque booking is showing as 'gourmet' and the concierge was insistent that it was for dinner & show despite me showing him an email from MSC outlining that I had booked the cocktail & show.

Enjoy, we thought both shows offered were excellent and quite different. This is a time to utilise P+ (again!)...the cocktail choice (from 3 or 4) is rank awful...my advice, carry your own favourite(s) into the show. We did so on our second visit, which raised a few smiles along the way. 😉

• Thanks 1