Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

18 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I would have too....that looks more canape than starter! 🤣

While some feel that portions are a bit small on MSC, I find it quite fun because I can order 2 appetizers and 1 or 2 mains, or even 2 appetizers+soup+risotto.

Good thing that there are Spinning classes.

• Haha 1

We did the one hour Harbor Hopper Duck tour in Halifax yesterday.  It was a lovely sunny day and warm in sheltered areas, but there was a bit of a breeze with quite a bite to it.

Unfortunately DH wasn't too well.  He has a lingering problem since our last cruise of trapped wind and had a bad attack in the morning, so we just returned to the ship after the tour, had lunch and he rested in bed for the afternoon.  Thankfully it's only the first time he's had an attack since we left home.  Hopefully he'll be OK today.  We're doing a Bras d'Or lake private tour.  Tomorrow is a sea day which I'm looking forward to after 4 continuous port days.

Screenshot_20191004-112650_Drive.thumb.jpg.2f226e631039a7ef8bbd86dccef055d8.jpg

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Unfortunately DH wasn't too well.  He has a lingering problem since our last cruise of trapped wind and had a bad attack in the morning, so we just returned to the ship after the tour, had lunch and he rested in bed for the afternoon. 

Hoping it's a short attack and he is better soon...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We did the one hour Harbor Hopper Duck tour in Halifax yesterday.  It was a lovely sunny day and warm in sheltered areas, but there was a bit of a breeze with quite a bite to it.

Unfortunately DH wasn't too well.  He has a lingering problem since our last cruise of trapped wind and had a bad attack in the morning, so we just returned to the ship after the tour, had lunch and he rested in bed for the afternoon.  Thankfully it's only the first time he's had an attack since we left home.  Hopefully he'll be OK today.  We're doing a Bras d'Or lake private tour.  Tomorrow is a sea day which I'm looking forward to after 4 continuous port days.

Screenshot_20191004-112650_Drive.thumb.jpg.2f226e631039a7ef8bbd86dccef055d8.jpg

i will assume that when u arrive in Portland on the 25th , that this is where you will clear -US Customs - being the first entry point - if so, should be easy disembark on Monday for everyone getting off in NYC,,,

Really hope so ... we may be able to stay onboard.  After all, we have to be here to welcome you onboard with your "gifts"  😁😁

Just realised that they'll still have to clear the ship 🙄

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

The policy usually is that you have to upgrade on either the first or second day.  When I get a chance, I'll get that confirmed.

On the subject of the waffles ... they're made fresh onboard this ship (I've just had that confirmed, now, though I was already pretty sure what I had this morning weren't frozen ones).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The policy usually is that you have to upgrade on either the first or second day.  When I get a chance, I'll get that confirmed.

On the subject of the waffles ... they're made fresh onboard this ship (I've just had that confirmed, now, though I was already pretty sure what I had this morning weren't frozen ones).

Thanks re upgrade will be interested to know the policy. 

Hey Bea!

You're likely getting the storm we had earlier this morning pass through. It actually gave us quite the nice day here in Boston. You're arrival is starting to get a lot of press in the Boston area. The independent news affiliate already ran a story and I hear some of the other local news stations will be down there as well. CruisePort Boston is talking this arrival up BIG time as it's the largest ship to ever call on the port of Boston! Weather is looking good still for Saturday but temps will be cooler. I hope your husband feels better. Loving the menus you've been sharing and hope you managed to have a good day in Sydney! Enjoy your sea day tomorrow! Foliage in Portland is really nice now too!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redlondon said:

Bea do you know if you can upgrade drinks package part way through cruise or does it have to be done on 1st day?

thanks to bea - we did upgrade our package already - remember that there is 15% service charge what is done on board  - so that equals 2 days of upgrades already 

• Like 1