Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

Shame that they aren't televising the World Cup...........England absolutely demolished the All Blacks this morning.

If you get a chance watch the highlights on Youtube.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.....interested in knowing how you are coping with lack of cuboard space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

A couple of views of Boston from where I'm sitting for breakfast

20191026_072306.thumb.jpg.d01cf49fff7ab48d37911deef18f2ade.jpg20191026_072315.thumb.jpg.268fd1b47816136f8d73aea64af08741.jpg

🕺 Welcome to Boston Bea! 🕺

I'm doing some last minute running around to get ready to meet you in NYC in just two days time! You've got a full ship contingent in today. Boston's three ship days are always huge for business! Sadly, Boston had a triple homicide happen overnight. I knew one news station which was going to cover the arrival during the morning broadcast. Weekend reporters are limited so that unfortunately the shooting took priority. However, when I woke up this morning I saw the Meraviglia in the channel on Marine Traffic! The weather has cleared out from all the fog and you should have a nice fall day here in the city! I hope you have a marvelous day here in the city of Boston!

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The sun has come out in Boston 😀

20191026_082112.thumb.jpg.05830ca681b98e2a57dff7f6d2e22661.jpg

And if I had kept scrolling... I would've seen this! From your vantage point in the back, you can also see over to Long Wharf and the New England Aquarium. If you want to get a photo of your ship from afar, head to the end of Long Wharf. You'll get a photo but that crane to the right in this photo might be in the way. It won't be a clear shot but clear enough!

• Like 1

So ... 2 days to go and already we have had a sucky-up incident at breakfast and another one at lunch. 

This morning, one of the waiters practically pestered us about whether we needed more coffee (for DH) or hot water (for me), despite only just after being served both by another waiter, then asking if we'd like some water 🙄

At lunchtime, a waiter that wasn't serving us on this occasion, came over to say how lovely I was and that I must have been very beautiful 20 years ago ... oh, puleeease ... get me a bucket!!!!  Do they really think passengers are stupid enough to fall for that guff!!! 🙄

They've made it obvious that they've assumed we're getting off in New York.  They're in for a rude awakening in the next couple of days.  I swear ... I'll gag if I get any more of this (wanted to insert second and nineteenth letters of the alphabet here, but got a warning about it so can't) ... "nonsense" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, it's a thing on MSC – even in the Yacht Club.  This is where the lines where the entire ship has gratuities included have a more relaxed vibe.  MSC should train the staff on their coming 'Luxury Class' ships not to hustle for tips.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

So ... 2 days to go and already we have had a sucky-up incident at breakfast and another one at lunch. 

This morning, one of the waiters practically pestered us about whether we needed more coffee (for DH) or hot water (for me), despite only just after being served both by another waiter, then asking if we'd like some water 🙄

At lunchtime, a waiter that wasn't serving us on this occasion, came over to say how lovely I was and that I must have been very beautiful 20 years ago ... oh, puleeease ... get me a bucket!!!!  Do they really think passengers are stupid enough to fall for that guff!!! 🙄

They've made it obvious that they've assumed we're getting off in New York.  They're in for a rude awakening in the next couple of days.  I swear ... I'll gag if I get any more of this (wanted to insert second and nineteenth letters of the alphabet here, but got a warning about it so can't) ... "nonsense" 

So glad we don't sail in the YC, the second word ending in off might upset a few of them ... 😂😂😂😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Shame that they aren't televising the World Cup...........England absolutely demolished the All Blacks this morning.

If you get a chance watch the highlights on Youtube.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.....interested in knowing how you are coping with lack of cuboard space.

Watched in an Irish pub on 7th Ave, great game over fish and chips and a 🍺 

When we walked in they asked if we wanted it on, there wasChelsea match , F1 qualifying , NFL college I think and The Rugby

• Like 1

So glad we went to Butcher's Cut last night having now seen last night's dinner menu

20191026_143736.thumb.jpg.c52dcd3b6c53e04ce7b3e8e3b2cd1927.jpg

20191026_143954.thumb.jpg.a4067b6d916a5ed7d34454c7c8f90443.jpg

Today's lunch menu was worth returning for

20191026_135821.thumb.jpg.fbf3fe67b4dc306e3104b0305e8a2367.jpg

We both had the sweet & sour chicken salad, which was very tasty, then the lamb shank, which was absolutely delicious.  DH  assisted in finishing mine 😁

20191026_141440.thumb.jpg.5646204ba83dede7a94c5a215ff80a9b.jpg

20191026_143638.thumb.jpg.bc8af2759794ced2f34a98f14b2728b3.jpg

We both had the berry & fruit pie for dessert.  The following will show just why you shouldn't judge some of my posted meal pics as standard MSC fare.  The first is my dessert and the second is DH's, despite practically ordering the same thing 🙄

20191026_150327.thumb.jpg.bc3e91dbaffc6e089953fc387b22141e.jpg

20191026_150228.thumb.jpg.d4be53e15f1a67bbdc8b50f392c5a1c7.jpg

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

This next photo is specifically for CF's DH@CruisingFox27

20191026_164154.thumb.jpg.4f32e2d60acdd4e9f963760c72bf3e23.jpg

Some next-door neighbours you are when I have to post photos on here so you can see what I'm talking about 🙄😁

Saw you down at Quincy's Market today, bytheway, and ran the other way 🤣🤣🤣

Tell DH I can't wait for the flight home  😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The YC restaurant manager has told me that the menus rotate every 14 nights, plus 2 Gala night menus (you can see which number menu you're getting as it's (small) printed on the side of the last page.

This morning he told me that he had fishn'chips for me last night but I never came for it 🤣🤣🤣.  He wanted to know if I wanted it tonight.  🙄😁😁  Looks like this is going to be a running joke with him.

So ... to keep Luis happy, I ordered it for lunch tomorrow 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, CruisingFox27 said:

DH said that he'll be round with his rubber duck 😂😂😂🦆

Quincy's market area was an experience 😮😮😮

I'll bet Mr B is looking for other flights 😂😂😂

Tell him not to bother with his rubber ducks ... we've got the MSC VC gift boats to play with 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

"must have been very beautiful 20 years ago ... oh, puleeease ... get me a bucket!!!!  Do they really think passengers are stupid enough to fall for that guff!!"

The cheek, Bea! 5 or 10 at most, no doubt! Glad this cruise is going well. Looking forward to your Caribbean sector! Ken

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Quincy's market area was an experience 😮😮😮

Quincy Market was an experience? Hopefully you got to see the violin performer outside of it. She's really amazing and super nice too! I see her everyday on my lunch break. Lots of talented performers in that area!

You have a wonderful town here, CM 😘

Will share tomorrow.  Have a bit of a cold and feeling a little miserable and not quite up to it 😪  

There was an announcement a while back that I've never heard before.  It was a cabin call  for a crew member 😱  Methinks someone has jumped ship

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Actually, I don't think the suck up is because they think you are leaving.  I would lay my money on the fact that is known you are doing a live report here on CC. It would not surprise me if your card was tagged. It has happened to me on other lines and at various resorts. 

BTW: Great live report. Keep on having a wonderful journey. I absolutely can not wait until you get to Ocean Cay and take 'real' photos of the island. I have a feeling what we are getting is highly censored. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Bea

How are you feeling today has the cold gone or is it any worse. If you wanted anything from a chemist we could bring for you tomorrow if you don’t feel like searching one out.

Forecast for NY today isn’t good so we made the most of Friday and Saturday 

See you tomorrow 

Last night's dinner menu 

20191026_184647.thumb.jpg.3e4f0a0bcbf7ff4ba680d7dbe26898b0.jpg

DH had the soup for starters and I had the seabass (again! - it's really good!)

20191027_073950.thumb.jpg.aa4827b77470223cc79eb08e892d3e6e.jpg

We both ordered the pork which was gross  - we sent it back.  The gravy tasted very strongly of beef and was worse than the stuff you'd make with instant gravy granules.  Who puts beef-flavoured gravy on pork, anyway??!!  🙄  No sign of the elaborately described crust,  either.  The gravy congealed because they're ensuring our food is piping hot 

20191027_073911.thumb.jpg.e15fe0c32cabf89593772f97ec11a8f0.jpg

• Like 1