Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

15 hours ago, ecs66 said:

That sucks.  Love to hang out in the library.  It seemed to be quite full most of the day, so it doesn't make sense.

I just don't understand why Princess won't take my suggestion to fire Park West Galleries and convert the art area to library/game area with a bar.  They could call it the Peter Max Forgery Memorial Library.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

I just don't understand why Princess won't take my suggestion to fire Park West Galleries and convert the art area to library/game area with a bar.

What a great idea!  That crap art actually is offensive.  Who buys that stuff besides first-time cruisers who are into the glitz of everything?  Ditto for the photo packages.  We loved the library.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

I just don't understand why Princess won't take my suggestion to fire Park West Galleries and convert the art area to library/game area with a bar.  They could call it the Peter Max Forgery Memorial Library.

Park West may have finally stopped calling, texting and emailing me inviting me to artist weekends after I blasted them several times after I read the article. Haven't had any contact with them in a couple of months. Will still drink their free sparkling wine but I won't be buying anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

What a great idea!  That crap art actually is offensive.  Who buys that stuff besides first-time cruisers who are into the glitz of everything?  Ditto for the photo packages.  We loved the library.

We have 3 pieces from them. Not because we were interested in investing in art but just because they were pretty pictures and we had available wall space.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

@dides! thank you so much for all the detailed reporting and the work you're putting into the Live while on your holiday! very much appreciated!

I have some questions that might be a little random, so do apologize in advance. I noticed Adam Love is the inaugural ED from the video he was in with Alex on the Princess FB page & the Patter and I was wondering if he will also cycle out the same time as Alex? Alex mentioned he would be tag-teaming with Simone Smith way back when he first announced his move to Sky as CD, but I'm not sure if the arrangement is maybe just happening in the states? If you could ask Alex about Adam & Simone, that would be nice.

Also, the sports complex on Deck 18 seems skimpier than what was offered on, say, the Regal. The basketball court is turned sideways now, but that seems to take away the room that used to exist for the outdoor exercise machines and table tennis tables. Are there still any of those machines or table tennis tables (and if they're relocated anywhere else/supplemented by anything else?) Thanks so much in advance!

I sent Chris off on a mission to check the sports area this morning while I was in the spa. He didn't spot the exercise equipment (could still be somewhere) but the table tennis tables are now a deck lower on 17 at the side. 

20191023_120312_HDR.thumb.jpg.367f7f399103b8c615ce8e2b5fdd3754.jpg

Here is the basketball court:

20191023_121229_HDR.thumb.jpg.26f828e80f9b84bfa5324b3fc1545b12.jpg

Sandra and Chris

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dides said:

I sent Chris off on a mission to check the sports area this morning while I was in the spa. He didn't spot the exercise equipment (could still be somewhere) but the table tennis tables are now a deck lower on 17 at the side. 

20191023_120312_HDR.thumb.jpg.367f7f399103b8c615ce8e2b5fdd3754.jpg

Here is the basketball court:

20191023_121229_HDR.thumb.jpg.26f828e80f9b84bfa5324b3fc1545b12.jpg

Sandra and Chris

Is this  hot basketball  where they are going to fry us during our  zumba classes ?

Sali

39 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We have 3 pieces from them. Not because we were interested in investing in art but just because they were pretty pictures and we had available wall space.

Wonderful !  we usually pick up a few pieces while on board. 

Just curious, can you tell how many days the most traveled person had? Also, did you go to the top 40 Most Traveled passengers get together? If you did about how many days did you need to be invited? We have gone several times, but never on a Trans Atlantic. Just curious. Love the suite lounge, hope they still had the brownies for you. They were the best, made me gain 4 pounds I think. Thanks again,,,,Nancy.....

Noticed you put some photos of the shampoo bottles up form the suite....appreciate that.  Anyway (if I havent missed it already, you can just quote me into that post if so) but anyway you can show us some more photos of the your suite. I curious of all the different configurations. Whenever you get a minute. Loving this Live-From.

22 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Those are likely the upgraded goodies for the suites.

The hoi poloi gets the soap bars and wall mounted "shampoo" and body wash.

I was wrong!!!

ceilidh1 posted a video of the Sky in post 234. They were in a balcony cabin and showed the bathroom. Same pump bottles on the sink area that the suite had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

What about outlets on both sides for spouses that use CPAPs?

We are in a premium suite so I can't speak for other cabins. We don't have plug sockets close to the bed that we can see. They are above the dressing table and there is the TV outlet in front of the bed. Both are some distance from the bed.

Sandra and Chris

1 hour ago, NaplesMaria said:

Does Anyone know if the internet package that they offered was discounted to include your platinum or elite free minutes?  How long is the cruise that you are on? Thanks 

The 25% off we received on embarkation day was instead of our free minutes. The 52.99 was for our 7 day cruise.

Sandra and Chris

2 minutes ago, dides said:

We are in a premium suite so I can't speak for other cabins. We don't have plug sockets close to the bed that we can see. They are above the dressing table and there is the TV outlet in front of the bed. Both are some distance from the bed.

Sandra and Chris

Thanks for the answer.  I wanted to see what the latest build from Princess had.  Given that this is a premium suite it pretty much answered the question for me on all the cabins.

Day 4 MDR Menu

20191023_193703.thumb.jpg.ab45e091aa9126e9b14a4d280bd09aaf.jpg

20191023_193706.thumb.jpg.cb62395fe7c7d4d797502cd9d0ef9d5a.jpg

20191023_204607.thumb.jpg.4419625496d78b99f3af3acda7b43640.jpg

Club Class entree was Beef Wellington with a Lobster Tail

Here is some pics of the Club Class section in Estrella

20191023_193621.thumb.jpg.92e9e3eb3a4f0d266f3bc7700bde8fa7.jpg

20191023_193625.thumb.jpg.0abf290f0d82c8679d46ca94698c68c0.jpg

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dides said:

The 25% off we received on embarkation day was instead of our free minutes. The 52.99 was for our 7 day cruise.

Sandra and Chris

Do you know what the offer was before boarding?  This is my dilemma.  Princess is offering $14.99 per day Pre cruise for a 19 day cruise to all customers and they re indicating it is at saving of 50% off for 4 devices, which would total $284.81.  That doesn’t credit elite or platinum free minutes.  I am wondering what the cruise offer would be for that time frame?  Buy now or on the ship?