Deluxe Drink Package on Black Friday?

DISFANS3

6 minutes ago, DISFANS3 said:

What is the best price you have paid For the DDP on Black Friday? Anyone one lower then $45? We will be on the Harmony next May 2020, just wanted to know if I should buy on Black Friday or wait??  

Buy.  If the price goes down just cancel and rebook 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

How do they calculate final cost, do they include the final day when we leave the ship in the total?

However many nights you sleep on the ship, that's how many days you use to calculate the cost.  

So a 7-night cruise is cost per day times seven.

9 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I wouldn't count on a cheaper deluxe drink package on Black Friday.  Historically, it's only the dining package that has the best price of the year for Black Friday.

And now that it seems the 7 day UDP is up to $215 the sale price might not be as good this year

We just got $45 a couple weeks ago on Serenade in Jan.  We had originally booked at like $52 or so and then re-booked to get the $45.  That was 30% off I think.  Today it is $47.  The buy one get one 50% off deal.  Seems like the 30% off is the best deal I have seen in the past 3 years.  Wasn't paying attention before that.

Can't speak to Black Friday.  Have not checked before.  May have to this year!  We have 2 more cruises booked in 2021, but neither has any drink package offered yet at all.  I keep looking to make sure we don't miss some early deal.  :-)

20 hours ago, jled said:

My Navigator 3 nighter in January is also $ 69...I usually take the beverage package but its getting ridiculous

Kicking myself right now ... booked a 3 nighter (1/10) back in August and DIDN'T purchase the drink package which was at $54/nite ... It's been consistently $69 since then, with about 2 days that it went down to $67 or $65.  Grrrrrr ... checking it daily!!!!!  That's crazy.  Did this same cruise in July and paid $57.

I used to be a Royal cheerleader as they build amazing ships, with fantastic entertainment and awesome crew, but all of their fluctuating pricing for drink packages, dining packages, Internet packages, shore excursions, etc has really soured me and I have been taking my business elsewhere. Every time I see a Royal cruise I like all of the unpredictability of ancillary costs on the back end has been the reason I didn't book it.  Celebrity is even going down the Royal route with pricing (and their fares have gotten stupid expensive!). NCL, Princess, HAL and even Carnival have a much more level playing field and are getting my cruise $$$

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2