Deluxe Drink Package on Black Friday?

DISFANS3

Last year BF and CM the best deal was on the refreshment package for $18. The drink package never went below $49 the entire year that I was booked. They were even offering the BOGO on board the first few days which calculated to $49 each.

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Last year BF and CM the best deal was on the refreshment package for $18. The drink package never went below $49 the entire year that I was booked. They were even offering the BOGO on board the first few days which calculated to $49 each.

That $18 deal was a huge error made by RCI. I am sure that will not happen again. We are likely paying for that error now with increased DBP prices now.

Edited by CruisingCrewsers

3 minutes ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

That $18 deal was a huge error made by RCI. I am sure that will not happen again. We are likely paying for that error now with increased DBP prices now.

Totally different things.

The Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale was on the REFRESHMENT package.  You're referring to the half-day $18 sale this summer on the Deluxe package.  

And actually, the BF/CM sale was $17 for the Refreshment package... I was able to snag a couple last year for this year's cruises.

8 hours ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

You miss read my post. It wasn't the deluxe package it was the refreshment package that I purchased for $18. Two different products.

Edited by Iamcruzin

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

You miss read my post. It wasn't the deluxe package it was the refreshment package that I purchased for $18. Two different products.

I understand that now thanks. I did read on this form or another, that there was a RC error for the DBP that was a huge discount. Not sure how long ago that was.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, DISFANS3 said:

What is the best price you have paid For the DDP on Black Friday? Anyone one lower then $45? We will be on the Harmony next May 2020, just wanted to know if I should buy on Black Friday or wait??  

When is Black Friday? 

7 hours ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

I understand that now thanks. I did read on this form or another, that there was a RC error for the DBP that was a huge discount. Not sure how long ago that was.

That's true. I think it happened over the Summer.

39 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's true. I think it happened over the Summer.

7 hours ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Month+ ago, and it was for 2020 sailings only.

July 1

• Like 2

For my 7-night Harmony cruise back in May 2018, the Deluxe drink package hovered around $52-$55 pp/pd.  During the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend sale in Nov 2017, the price dropped to $41 pp/pd.  That was the lowest it dropped so I snagged it.  After that it went back up to $52, until it dropped down to $45 a couple months away from the cruise.  Another thing to look for during Black Friday/Cyber Monday are sales and discounts on airfare and hotels.  I don't live near a port so I always have to factor travel into my cruise trips, and during that sale weekend I was able to also snag two roundtrip Delta tickets for about $410 (taxes/fees incl) and a $150-$200 dollar-a-night hotel (Marriott Residence Inn) for $90 a night.  It's definitely my favorite time of year for deals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bgoff60 said:

As of right now...

We sail on the Symphony OTS on January 25.  They are TODAY, listing the Deluxe at 30% off.  Not bad...

What’s the actual price.  Royal plays too many games with % off inflated pricing to make people think they are getting a deal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Is it harder to get good deals on Oasis class ships or short sailings?  I'm seeing 57/day on a cruise next year that claims to be 30% off.  Is that about as good as might hope for nowadays?  

Unpredictable.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

What’s the actual price.  Royal plays too many games with % off inflated pricing to make people think they are getting a deal.

Forget percentages. Just look at price per person per day, and add 18%.

For the poster who stopped sailing RC because of the constant change in prices, why let it bother you? If you see an acceptable price, book and don't check it again. You will miss deals, but your irritation level will go down and you will have a nice cruise at a set price for what you want!