Stateroom Assignment

Syracusefan44

For our Crown Princess cruise on September 22, we found out our cabin assignment on August 5. For my June cruise on the Island Princess, I found out just 12 days before the cruise. The latest we've found out was on the land portion of our Alaskan cruise tour.

We got our room assignment for Alaska after we had already gotten on the plane for Vancouver.   I've heard of people who did not learn of their assignment until the porter told them at the pier.

Don't worry about it.  You will be on the ship and in a cabin that conforms to your minimum guaranteed cabin category.

We are 12 days away from our cruise on the Sky Princess and haven't received our cabin assignment.   I've been waiting to print  luggage tags, hoping it will show up before we leave for Rome next week.  Also waiting for a  cabin on our South America cruise in March.  I'm not worried.  I know I'll be somewhere on the ship when it sails.

Edited by apeller

Also sailing Sky on 11/3 and waiting for cabin assignment.  DH checks multiple times a day, he is so worried about getting it assigned before we head out.  We have never waited this long for an assignment.

Much like Apeller, I know they will have our room when we arrive and it will be wonderful.  We will have a great time as we bring the Sky to Fort Lauderdale for her maiden caribbean season.

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You can check for the cabin assignment right up to sailing day in the Personalizer in the travel summary or bag tags. It should be assigned before you sail.

Should be?  That made me laugh! I can't picture me  sitting in the Piazza with my luggage as the ship leaves Rome.

1 hour ago, jcfcruiser said:

We are twelve days out from sailing on Sky Princess and are still waiting for our cabin assignment.  Our concern is we are leaving early to spend a few days in Rome before sailing.  I am a little concerned and frustrated.

Well now you know there are at least 3 of us in the same boat! We're leaving for Rome a few days early as well. .

We are on the Sky  Princess November 10 and had a Guarantee Mini-Suite.  We booked last year under the Sip-N-Sail.

We received our room assignment sometime in September after the final payment.  We are in one of the forward facing minis on the upper decks.  It is a MF so technically no upgrade but it looks to have a huge balcony.  We are only on for the 7-days not the TA crossing so no worries about bouncing along with the waves.  

• Like 1

I am very frustrated with TA and Princess about Guarantee Balcony for 11/03 on Sky.  Princess is telling me the luggage handlers will print out luggage tags for us and silence from TA.  We will be the couple boarding with all luggage in tow!!

43 minutes ago, jcfcruiser said:

I am very frustrated with TA and Princess about Guarantee Balcony for 11/03 on Sky.  Princess is telling me the luggage handlers will print out luggage tags for us and silence from TA.  We will be the couple boarding with all luggage in tow!!

They WILL make your luggage tags when you drop them off. The supervisor will have a list.

2 hours ago, jcfcruiser said:

Really no reason for frustration.  You booked a guarantee.  You will have a cabin.  If you do not have the patience to wait you should not have done  that form of booking.  On a New England cruise a few years ago we did not pick up our room assignment until landing in Chicago to change planes. On our cruise to the Norwegian fjords a number of us on the roll call were unassigned even as we got to the last week precruise.  We were all making plans to share pillows and blankets in the lifeboats for a few days. 
Take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and relax, there will be a cabin for you.  Next time don’t book a guarantee.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jcfcruiser said:

Well then you can sit with us in the piazza.  You won't be alone. 🤣.  

I noticed that you weren't signed up on our roll call.  There are several of us without cabins assigned yet.   The roll call thread is a bit overwhelming,  (305 pages) but full of good info.

Link to roll call

1 hour ago, Bethcb said:

We are leaving in 2 days and no assignment yet. I have had it range from 2 months to 3 days. Now we are at 2 days. 

Princess is about to make someone a move-over offer they can't refuse to free up a cabin for you ...

Wheeze Doc has it right, there is no need to stress.

How many times have you read a post on this Forum saying "We got to the ship and they told us there was no cabin for us"?  Or even, "we had a mini-suite guarantee, but they gave us an obstructed view ocean view"?  

Everyne bit -- sorry, complains -- about every little thing there is to complain about.  Do you think for even a nano-second that if someone didn't get his/her cabin, that we would not heard about it?

So relax!  You are going on a cruise, right?  Start the enjoyment now!

And Wheeze Doc is also correct that if this stresses you out so much, next time don't book a guarantee!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and relax, there will be a cabin for you.  Next time don’t book a guarantee.

Our last cruise and upcoming Sapphire cruise were both booked as part of a package which included airfare and a guarantee cabin . We could not book a specific cabin, only category .So yes we didn't have to book this way but if not we probably wouldn't be taking these cruises with the savings being so substantial . On the plus side, our NCL Getaway guarantee turned out to be mid-ship on a good  deck . Hoping for similar . Oddly all balcony and above cabins are sold out six months prior to our sailing date .  Odd . This is making me a bit nervous .

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess is about to make someone a move-over offer they can't refuse to free up a cabin for you ...

Ooooh . Sounds good . 

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Our last cruise and upcoming Sapphire cruise were both booked as part of a package which included airfare and a guarantee cabin . We could not book a specific cabin, only category .

My first time booking a guarantee cabin, there were no mini-suite cabins available, but I was able to book the mini-suite guarantee.  So I grabbed it.  And I did not get an assignment until after I was already flying to the ship the day before the cruise.

I had to take deep breaths and force myself to relax in the days leading up to the cruise.

12 hours ago, jcfcruiser said:

Frustrated with Princess? 

It’s part of the process. 
Frustrated with your TA? Well now  that would be warranted because they left you hanging and did not explain the process.
There is no need to wait until you arrive at the terminal.

Check the personalizer in the travel summary and/or bag tags. The cabin will be shown there. Could be assigned as late as 24-48 hours prior to sailing.

For those thinking about booking a GTY can you handle the stress of not having your cabin assigned until a day or 2 before sailing???

If so don’t do it.