My unlimited dining experience

38 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Our experience in Hibachi was not like you described at all.  The Hibachi meal

is included with the UDP, but if you choose to eat in Izumi (the sushi area) then the $35 credit applies.

Did you actually go to Hibachi or are you posting from what many believe is posted on the website.  It is broken down on the website and it is confusing.  We have done Hibachi on Harmony and Allure and both have not had the $10 uncharge.  We do not do sushi ever.

We only got the $35 credit per person for the hibachi side and yes I ate there and the sushi on another day.  Were you on Harmony or a different ship? 

Edited by Dcun201

I’m not the op, but we had to buy $15 pp for the hibachi grill the week of October 27. (Ordered two proteins, otherwise would have been $10 pp).

Everything thing about the package reverted to the policies of the old ultimate package. Also no boarding day lunch. No apps as an extra course available. Even chips and salsa at Sabor was not allowed or you forfeited a dinner. No milk shakes at Johnny Rockets either. 

A new hotel director came onboard and made the changes. We went to guest services and they at first said nothing had changed and then they called the hotel director. We didn’t argue. We just  wanted to get on with our vacation. I blasted the changes on my survey though.

i expected the changes to last until the hotel directors rotate, which happens approximately every 10 weeks.

Edited by seabeew

26 minutes ago, seabeew said:

I’m not the op, but we had to buy $15 pp for the hibachi grill the week of October 27. (Ordered two proteins, otherwise would have been $10 pp).

Everything thing about the package reverted to the policies of the old ultimate package. Also no boarding day lunch. No apps as an extra course available. Even chips and salsa at Sabor was not allowed or you forfeited a dinner. No milk shakes at Johnny Rockets either. 

A new hotel director came onboard and made the changes. We went to guest services and they at first said nothing had changed and then they called the hotel director. We didn’t argue. We just  wanted to get on with our vacation. I blasted the changes on my survey though.

i expected the changes to last until the hotel directors rotate, which happens approximately every 10 weeks.

I guess I must have gotten better hotel directors then, lol.  I sure hope the one you had isn't the one we get in Jan.  Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Dcun201 said:

We only got the $35 credit per person for the hibachi side and yes I ate there and the sushi on another day.  Were you on Harmony or a different ship? 

I've had the same experience on Allure and on Harmony.  Our last Allure cruise was in June and our last Harmony cruise was in January and we are going again in January.

We were on the Oct 13th Harmony sailing with the UDP. Had embarkation lunch at Jamie’s. Dinner at Hibachi and just had to pay the extra $4 for two proteins. Several times had chips, salsa and guacamole at Sabor late afternoon and then dinner elsewhere. One night we had this at Sabor, dinner at Solarium (stupid decision but we had enjoyed it the previous year) and then dessert at Jamie’s all with absolutely no fuss. I hate confrontation so having to deal with the issues present cruisers are having would have driven me nuts. All the restaurants we were at understood the plan - wonder how they feel about the new HD directives? 

Wendy 

28 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

We were on the Oct 13th Harmony sailing with the UDP. Had embarkation lunch at Jamie’s. Dinner at Hibachi and just had to pay the extra $4 for two proteins. Several times had chips, salsa and guacamole at Sabor late afternoon and then dinner elsewhere. One night we had this at Sabor, dinner at Solarium (stupid decision but we had enjoyed it the previous year) and then dessert at Jamie’s all with absolutely no fuss. I hate confrontation so having to deal with the issues present cruisers are having would have driven me nuts. All the restaurants we were at understood the plan - wonder how they feel about the new HD directives? 

Wendy 

The host at Sabor seemed perfectly fine with denying chips and salsa to us to go with our margaritas when he had one table occupied at his open restaurant. 

2 minutes ago, seabeew said:

The host at Sabor seemed perfectly fine with denying chips and salsa to us to go with our margaritas when he had one table occupied at his open restaurant. 

That’s crazy for there to be such a difference within a few weeks. We had a lovely lady host who couldn’t do enough for us. I hope for our 2020 Oct Harmony sailing we don’t have your HD as we have the UDP again! 

3 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

That’s crazy for there to be such a difference within a few weeks. We had a lovely lady host who couldn’t do enough for us. I hope for our 2020 Oct Harmony sailing we don’t have your HD as we have the UDP again! 

When my husband went to guest services, we had already figured out their was a new hotel director onboard. When guest services verified that changes had come about with the advent of the new HD. 

My husband said so the people on last week’s cruise got the full program including boarding day lunch;  no charge for hibachi; multiple courses, etc. and we don’t get any of that. And in 10 weeks, passengers will get all of that again. They said yes. My husband said does that sound fair or logical to you? And they agreed. He told them he didn’t blame them at all, but he wanted his concerns passed along. Never heard from anyone.

6 minutes ago, seabeew said:

When my husband went to guest services, we had already figured out their was a new hotel director onboard. When guest services verified that changes had come about with the advent of the new HD. 

My husband said so the people on last week’s cruise got the full program including boarding day lunch;  no charge for hibachi; multiple courses, etc. and we don’t get any of that. And in 10 weeks, passengers will get all of that again. They said yes. My husband said does that sound fair or logical to you? And they agreed. He told them he didn’t blame them at all, but he wanted his concerns passed along. Never heard from anyone.

Defies logic!!! And for them not to get back in touch with you is very poor customer service. The program is very clearly outlined on the website (well clear for RCCL) so you would think it couldn’t be open for different interpretations based on individual HDs. 

I’m really sorry you didn’t get the full benefit.

Wendy

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, seabeew said:

RCI strikes again - Really Consistently Inconsistent.

Someone needs to inform the Hotel Director that the U now stands for Unlimited, not Ultimate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the review. Looks like a lot of great food at a great overall price.

I still have reservations spending $350 at a place where food is otherwise free. It seems like excessive eating too. You may have talked me into it for a shorter cruise though!

19 hours ago, seabeew said:

I'm so happy my cruise (I'm the OP) was with the old HD.  I would have been really upset w/ the changes.  It's not fair at all to passengers who are paying the same thing to be limited and have no idea before their cruise what they are getting. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, seabeew said:

Did you try emailing Michael Bayley?  I think more people need to do that in order to get it fixed

mbayley@rccl.com 

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

RCI strikes again - Really Consistently Inconsistent.

Someone needs to inform the Hotel Director that the U now stands for Unlimited, not Ultimate.

More people need to email Mr Bayley IMHO  Seems the HD don't really care

We're on Allure right now on the UDP and had Hibachi at Izumi last night (night 3) with 2 proteins included at no extra charge. They have 3 tables at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm

Oh and the portion sizes at 150 Central Park have been scaled up in size since we were last onboard- to meet the demands of the American market we were told 

Edited by Bobal

Thanks for the review.  We're considering this for an upcoming 9 day cruise on Adventure.  You mentioned tipping -- it's not already included in the price?  Also, was there an upcharge for sushi?  I could eat $200 worth of sushi in three meals ;-).  Can you pre-book the restaurants or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

7 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

...  it's not already included in the price?  Also, was there an upcharge for sushi?  I could eat $200 worth of sushi in three meals ;-).  Can you pre-book the restaurants or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

Dining packages purchased pre-cruise already incldue the gratuity.  Restaurants that charge by the item are given a $35 credit with the dining package.  You must make reservations onboard with dining packages.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, wendyam76 said:

I am on Harmony Oct 2020 as well. Lets cross our fingers together. I just bought the UDP

• Like 2