Charge for ice water on the epic?

Fairway Cruiser

Still water (not bottled or sparkling) and ice is free in the dining room, bars, and in the buffet.  

If you order a bottle of water or a Pellegrino then you will be charged appropriately unless you have a drink package.  

6 hours ago, Motegi said:

Still water (not bottled or sparkling) and ice is free in the dining room, bars, and in the buffet.  

If you order a bottle of water or a Pellegrino then you will be charged appropriately unless you have a drink package.  

Not true. You will be charged if you have regular drink package. 

Included with the upgrade to premium plus or whatever they are calling it drink package 

8 hours ago, Fairway Cruiser said:

On cruise critic page " overview " of the epic, scroll down to items not included in the cruise fare, and ice water is listed as not included in the buffet.

I believe that is a mistake on the part of Cruise Critic.  Here is a link to the NCL FAQ webpage that explains what is included in your cruise fare.  Click on Money Matters and then click on What Does My Cruise Fare Include.  https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#cruise-fare-includes

Edited by Oakman58

11 hours ago, Fairway Cruiser said:

On cruise critic page " overview " of the epic, scroll down to items not included in the cruise fare, and ice water is listed as not included in the buffet.

And, toilet paper is also not included on the list. So, you’ll need a lot of nickels and dimes (a nickel per sheet or 5 sheets for a dime) if you have to go to the loo. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ryzmom said:

Can you carry on a case of water or Coke products on Breakaway?

No.

Can I bring water or soda on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Further inquiries about ice water free or otherwise may result in a Service charge of $7.95 ***

*** with the customary PLUS gratuities fees taxes surcharges.

At sea - water water everywhere - but not a drop to drink - - -

Talk/Drink about a captive audience -

can't bring your own on board -

must drink what is provided although it is free -(optional free ice) -

water provided at designated water holes - cabin - buffet - restaurant -

must pay for bottled water - even with beverage package -

What is there not to like about FREE-STYLE cruising ? 

11 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Further inquiries about ice water free or otherwise may result in a Service charge of $7.95 ***

*** with the customary PLUS gratuities fees taxes surcharges.

At sea - water water everywhere - but not a drop to drink - - -

Talk/Drink about a captive audience -

can't bring your own on board -

must drink what is provided although it is free -(optional free ice) -

water provided at designated water holes - cabin - buffet - restaurant -

must pay for bottled water - even with beverage package -

What is there not to like about FREE-STYLE cruising ? 

For the life of me, I can not understand the reasoning behind not including water in the beverage package!!! 

BTW: we did get ice and an ice bucket in our cabin on the breakaway every day: didn't have to ask. But as I said in my review we had an unbelievable cabin stewardess. 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

For the life of me, I can not understand the reasoning behind not including water in the beverage package!!! 

BTW: we did get ice and an ice bucket in our cabin on the breakaway every day: didn't have to ask. But as I said in my review we had an unbelievable cabin stewardess. 

It's for your convenience. 

On 10/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, BirdTravels said:

And, toilet paper is also not included on the list. So, you’ll need a lot of nickels and dimes (a nickel per sheet or 5 sheets for a dime) if you have to go to the loo. 

Or you can use the free ice water ...

I think this is the problem (https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=481)

Not included with your cruise fare:

•  Gratuities ($14.99 per person, per day or $17.99 per person, per day for those staying in suites)
  •  Automatic beverage and spa tips (20 percent for both)
  •  Ice water, tea (including iced tea), coffee and select juices in the buffet
  •  Cirque Dreams dinner shows
  •  Spa treatments and most fitness classes
  •  Shore excursions
  •  Wi-Fi
  •  Late night (after 10:30 p.m.) group babysitting
  •  Activities including, but not limited to, wine and whiskey tastings, bowling at O'Sheehan's, arcade games and bingo
  •  Photos and artwork

2 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

I think this is the problem (https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=481)

Not included with your cruise fare:

•  Gratuities ($14.99 per person, per day or $17.99 per person, per day for those staying in suites)
  •  Automatic beverage and spa tips (20 percent for both)
  •  Ice water, tea (including iced tea), coffee and select juices in the buffet
  •  Cirque Dreams dinner shows
  •  Spa treatments and most fitness classes
  •  Shore excursions
  •  Wi-Fi
  •  Late night (after 10:30 p.m.) group babysitting
  •  Activities including, but not limited to, wine and whiskey tastings, bowling at O'Sheehan's, arcade games and bingo
  •  Photos and artwork

Here's what NCL says https://www.ncl.com/il/en/faq#!#cruise-fare-includes

What does my cruise fare include?
  • Accommodation
  • Transportation to some of the most beautiful places on earth via cruise ship
  • Dedicated Kids & Teen (ages 3-17) programming & spaces during at sea days until 10:30 pm and from departure until 10:30 pm during port days
  • Meals in one of our many complimentary dining venues
  • 24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)
  • Room service menu items (convenience charge may apply)
  • Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)
  • Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)
  • Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)
  • Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water
  • All entertainment onboard (with the exception of dinner and lunch theatre entertainment)
  • Art Auctions
  • Poolside activities
  • Access to fitness facilities
  • Select onboard presentations
  • Sports Court activities
  • Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
  • In-stateroom TV programming (except for on-demand movies)
  • Phone calls onboard the ship (stateroom to stateroom)
  • Use of private Studio Lounge if staying in Studio accommodation on Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Pride of America, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Escape
  • Suite Guests receive additional amenities, based on the category of accommodation.

The following items are not included in the cruise fare:

Wow, I MUST have a large size bottle of water to rinse the ship-created water out of my hair after I wash it.  I initially thought I could bring one on (short cruise) but it looks like that is a no???  I wonder if I can bring a note from my hairdresser?  

We are staying in the large Owners Villa--and I wonder if that will matter?

I also only drink ice tea??

I may have to cancel if I can't get this cleared up.