Meet and Greet Coordinator List

denmarks

1 hour ago, Shaver John said:

I might have missed it, but does anyone have a current list of cruise directors. We are on the Ruby in May.

Why don't you scroll through the Princess Cruises forum.  I believe there are several threads about current CDs.

Just now, Ombud said:

Allison Thompson responded re: Royal Princess 

I still highly recommend, based on information from the supervisor of the department, to send e-mails to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If the individual you e-mail is not at work (sick, vacation, etc) no one else will be checking that individual's e-mail.

7 minutes ago, srice said:

I still highly recommend, based on information from the supervisor of the department, to send e-mails to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If the individual you e-mail is not at work (sick, vacation, etc) no one else will be checking that individual's e-mail.

1st: I did not say to contact Allison by any means other than grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com 

2nd: that's exactly what my contact has been stating as well

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

1st: I did not say to contact Allison by any means other than grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com 

2nd: that's exactly what my contact has been stating as well

I didn't want anyone to read something into your e-mail.  Allison must be one of the trainees so it is good to know that they are starting to help.

3 minutes ago, srice said:

I didn't want anyone to read something into your e-mail.  Allison must be one of the trainees so it is good to know that they are starting to help.

Which is why I did not post her email address. Good to know that the newbies are coming online

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard back from our "Group Onboard Services" person.

Please answer if you can: From the number of people on your Roll Call, what do you think is the average number of people who attend the M&G? I realize that each CC person, will have another person associated with them.

I am going to guess, 50%?

Thanks for your estimates.

1 minute ago, nini said:

I have heard back from our "Group Onboard Services" person.

Please answer if you can: From the number of people on your Roll Call, what do you think is the average number of people who attend the M&G? I realize that each CC person, will have another person associated with them.

I am going to guess, 50%?

Thanks for your estimates.

Estimating is a tough task.  On one sailing I arranged the M&G and over 40 people said they would attend but only 8 showed up.  There were 13 crew members attending and it was quite embarrassing but we have no control over the actions of others.

Usually when someone says they will attend and doesn't specify how many the organizer will ask toget a more accurate count.  Also, some people who sign up don't attend and others who didn't sign up (they may not even have been on the thread) show up.  

I would be interested in hearing of the experiences of others.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, srice said:

Estimating is a tough task.  On one sailing I arranged the M&G and over 40 people said they would attend but only 8 showed up.  There were 13 crew members attending and it was quite embarrassing but we have no control over the actions of others.

Usually when someone says they will attend and doesn't specify how many the organizer will ask toget a more accurate count.  Also, some people who sign up don't attend and others who didn't sign up (they may not even have been on the thread) show up.  

I would be interested in hearing of the experiences of others.

Thanks for your feedback. The coordinator has suggested the Adagio Lounge with a capacity of 76. We have about 90 people on our Roll Call (about 45 posters).

I was disappointed that Skywalker's is not available after 4:00 pm on any evening.

But the Adagio looks nice.

How long is it taking for grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com to respond? Sent a request to set up 2 more (60 for 1st + 250 for 2nd cruise) and haven't heard back. Strange 

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

How long is it taking for grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com to respond? Sent a request to set up 2 more (60 for 1st + 250 for 2nd cruise) and haven't heard back. Strange 

It took 2 days. We are on the Emerald.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Thanks for your feedback. The coordinator has suggested the Adagio Lounge with a capacity of 76. We have about 90 people on our Roll Call (about 45 posters).

I was disappointed that Skywalker's is not available after 4:00 pm on any evening.

But the Adagio looks nice.

Adagio is a great place but not for 90 people.  If you had 45 screen names not all of them will be 2 people.  Do you have enough time ask on your thread how many actual people will be attending?

49 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I don't know if Club Fusion would hold 250 but it might be a possibility.  Perhaps you can find a time that the Princess Theater would be available for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, srice said:

Adagio is a great place but not for 90 people.  If you had 45 screen names not all of them will be 2 people.  Do you have enough time ask on your thread how many actual people will be attending?

I am going to go on the logic of when inviting people to a wedding. One third will not attend (even if they say they will). Maybe we will have 50 attendees but I think that is hopeful I think Adagio will be fine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nini said:

I am going to go on the logic of when inviting people to a wedding. One third will not attend (even if they say they will). Maybe we will have 50 attendees but I think that is hopeful I think Adagio will be fine.

At some point you just have to make an executive decision and your logic seems reasonable to me.  

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Answer w/i 24 hrs letting me know we will have the venue next week. Thank you @niniand @srice

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The group services person sent a list of meeting options. One of those is $10 for a cordless microphone.  The 2 Majestic M&G's I attended last year both had a microphone. Ombud, you were the leader of the Alaska M&G, did you pay for a microphone?  I just assumed Princess supplied one for their officers.

What about for others here that have organized a M&G, did you order/pay for a microphone?

Anyone ever order trays of food?  They range from $12 for cheese and crackers to $30 to serve 15 people.

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The group services person sent a list of meeting options. One of those is $10 for a cordless microphone.  The 2 Majestic M&G's I attended last year both had a microphone. Ombud, you were the leader of the Alaska M&G, did you pay for a microphone?  I just assumed Princess supplied one for their officers.

What about for others here that have organized a M&G, did you order/pay for a microphone?

Anyone ever order trays of food?  They range from $12 for cheese and crackers to $30 to serve 15 people.

Paying for food trays is hilarious! I think we could all just use our medallions and order from those to have food delivered to us at the meeting place or stop in at the buffet and bring food. There will be a No Host bar and the contact person said that those with the Beverage package would not be charged.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nini said:

Paying for food trays is hilarious! I think we could all just use our medallions and order from those to have food delivered to us at the meeting place or stop in at the buffet and bring food. There will be a No Host bar and the contact person said that those with the Beverage package would not be charged.

Yes, I know all that. I still need to hear from someone about the microphone and whether they paid to get one or if the CD (or someone) brought one with him or her