Meet and Greet Coordinator List

denmarks

1 hour ago, kkschwendiman said:

Good morning all!  This isn't actually a coordinator list question, but hope someone can either give me an answer or tell me how to find one. 

There's not a meet and mingle set for my cruise (Emerald Princess Sept 30 embarkation) yet (that I know of).  How do I encourage this to happen?

Are you part of your Roll Call? I am assuming that you are. I kept waiting for someone to step up to the task, but I ended up volunteering. I would say that about half of our Roll Call has said that they will attend. Covid is keeping some away and others just do not communicate. The original person who began the Roll Call, canceled the cruise, and he/ she had not volunteered anyway.

5 hours ago, srice said:

Most people send a lot of letters to different officers but I have leaned from experience and observation that the most successful results are obtained by preparing ONE letter to the captain and ask him to invite members of his staff.  The times I have used this method and seen others use it have worked very well and you have to write only 1 letter of invitation to the captain.  When I prepare the letter I drop it off at the Passenger Services Desk (purser to us old timers) after embarking in an unsealed envelope and it has worked every time.

Thank you for your response!

1 hour ago, kkschwendiman said:

Good morning all!  This isn't actually a coordinator list question, but hope someone can either give me an answer or tell me how to find one. 

There's not a meet and mingle set for my cruise (Emerald Princess Sept 30 embarkation) yet (that I know of).  How do I encourage this to happen?

The best answer is for you to go ahead and volunteer to set up the M&G.  I have organized many but when I join the roll call for a future cruise I encourage anyone on the roll call to agree to organize it and if they want it I give them suggestions, usually by e-mail.  That happened recently and the organizer has gone on to organize the event for her future cruises.

Many organizers bring their own ideas which is great.  Some things they want to do are difficult because of the available time.

If you want to give it a try let me know.  BTW, I was on the Emerald Princess this past March and had a great cruise.

7 minutes ago, srice said:

The best answer is for you to go ahead and volunteer to set up the M&G.  I have organized many but when I join the roll call for a future cruise I encourage anyone on the roll call to agree to organize it and if they want it I give them suggestions, usually by e-mail.  That happened recently and the organizer has gone on to organize the event for her future cruises.

Many organizers bring their own ideas which is great.  Some things they want to do are difficult because of the available time.

If you want to give it a try let me know.  BTW, I was on the Emerald Princess this past March and had a great cruise.

We board the Emerald on May 9th. I have not been able to find out who some of the Officers are; like Captain, Cruise and Entertainment Director, et.

How was the Cruise Director? I am glad you had a great time!

3 minutes ago, nini said:

We board the Emerald on May 9th. I have not been able to find out who some of the Officers are; like Captain, Cruise and Entertainment Director, et.

How was the Cruise Director? I am glad you had a great time!

I suggest contacting Group Onboard Services (the place where you arrange for the M&G) and ask them who the captain will be.  That is one reason I think the 1 letter procedure makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nini said:

Are you part of your Roll Call? I am assuming that you are. I kept waiting for someone to step up to the task, but I ended up volunteering. I would say that about half of our Roll Call has said that they will attend. Covid is keeping some away and others just do not communicate. The original person who began the Roll Call, canceled the cruise, and he/ she had not volunteered anyway.

Yes, I'm a member.  There was some talk about a M&M awhile ago, but noone has stepped up to take charge.  How do I find out what's involved in that?  This is my first cruise with Princess and I don't wanna take on more than I can handle, but really want to see about a M&M cuz that sounds like such a great idea.   🙂

1 minute ago, kkschwendiman said:

Yes, I'm a member.  There was some talk about a M&M awhile ago, but noone has stepped up to take charge.  How do I find out what's involved in that?  This is my first cruise with Princess and I don't wanna take on more than I can handle, but really want to see about a M&M cuz that sounds like such a great idea.   🙂

IMHO the most you have to do is determine how many people plan to attend, contact Princess to request a venue at a specific time, prepare a letter for the captain, and lead the event.

Determining the number of participants is probably the most difficult.  You will have to review your roll call so far and determine who wanted a M&G.  You could also announce that you are organizing the event and ask everyone to post if they plan to attend and keep a tally.  That number will change almost every day and may have no relationship to how many people end up attending.  There are always some people who don't show up and some who just show up.  Some of them aren't even on roll call.

Once you get a rough count e-mail Princess and tell them you want to set up a M&G, how many people have signed up so far, request a time and date, and request a venue.  For time and date I suggest 10:30 to noon on the first sea day.  For venue on the Emerald Princess I recommend the Adagio which is on the Sun Deck (Deck 16 aft) and is one of the best kept secrets on the ship.  If you end up with a large group Skywalkers Nightclub (Deck 18 aft) is a good choice.

Prepare a letter to the captain inviting him and any members of the staff and crew he might want to invite and give him the time 11 to noon.  The half hour between 10:30 and 11 can be used to let each participant introduce himself.  I have been to numerous M&Gs where I had no idea who the attendees were and some of them I wanted to meet after reading their postings on the roll call.  Once the captain starts talking the only thing remaining is when the captain and crew finishes talking and answering questions you just need to thank all of them for attending and declare the meeting over.

Once it is over you will have a good feeling about what was accomplished and you will have at least seen and heard fellow CC members that you will see during the rest of the cruise. 

I wanted to post this because others might find it helpful and I would  be glad to exchange e-mails with anyone interested.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, kkschwendiman said:

I contacted:

grouponboardservices@princess.com

Allison corresponded with me to get it set up. It is helpful if you have a time, date, and place. The coordinator will tell you if that is ok or not. We wanted Skywalker's but that was a NO.

I announced on our Roll Call that I would do it and asked people to let me know if they would be attending. I asked for their regular names, cabin numbers ad where they live. You can get an idea of our list on the Emerald Roll Call for the British Isles, departing on May 9th. Look at Post # 1050.

Everyone does it differently... some have spread sheets or crazy lists.

Our first sea day is 6 days into the cruise (pretty late), so we are meeting on a late afternoon on the next day, May 10th, due to port departure being at 4:00 pm

• Like 1

Can anyone help?  I have sent three emails to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com to try to schedule a Meet & Greet on the Ruby Princess June 1 at 11:00 AM in Skywalkers Lounge.  I have not received any response and when I called Princess, no one had any idea what I was talking about.  It seems all the points of contact have moved on to other opportunities since "the pause".  Is there a secret phone number I should call?  Color me frustrated.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pandas4cheri said:

Can anyone help?  I have sent three emails to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com to try to schedule a Meet & Greet on the Ruby Princess June 1 at 11:00 AM in Skywalkers Lounge.  I have not received any response and when I called Princess, no one had any idea what I was talking about.  It seems all the points of contact have moved on to other opportunities since "the pause".  Is there a secret phone number I should call?  Color me frustrated.  Thanks in advance!

In my posting #171 I suggested resending a request of Group Onboard Services and ccing one of the persons in that department.  I haven't heard back from the original poster so I don't know if it worked.  If you try it please let me know if it works.

• Like 1

You cannot pick a time and date and where Princess does that once you connect with them. They tell you all that info. It is easy to figure out the number of people all you do is design a spread sheet and & have those that wish to attend sign up. You then near the end tell Princess. Your really only have one job is to ensure everyone on your roll call knows about it. Some people like to do more for the event but that is all that is required. I just cancelled the one I was going to host as I got some not so nice posts about what I was going to do for the group

Best wishes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

You cannot pick a time and date and where Princess does that once you connect with them. They tell you all that info. It is easy to figure out the number of people all you do is design a spread sheet and & have those that wish to attend sign up. You then near the end tell Princess. Your really only have one job is to ensure everyone on your roll call knows about it. Some people like to do more for the event but that is all that is required. I just cancelled the one I was going to host as I got some not so nice posts about what I was going to do for the group

Best wishes

Thanks. I am happy to have them tell me where and when. I can’t even get them to respond. I have organized many M&G’s pre-Covid, but the contact I dealt with is no longer with Princess. Lots of things are different now. Thanks for trying to help. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pandas4cheri said:

Thanks. I am happy to have them tell me where and when. I can’t even get them to respond. I have organized many M&G’s pre-Covid, but the contact I dealt with is no longer with Princess. Lots of things are different now. Thanks for trying to help. 

My experience has been that I can ask for a place and time and usually they grant it.  Sometimes a certain venue isn't available at that time.

There is a lengthy discussion back in this thread about whom to contact.  Basically you e-mail grouponboardservices.princesscruises.com and give them your name, booking number, requested time and date, requested venue, and a current estimate of how many will attend.  They may want an updated estimate a couple of weeks before the event.  In my posting #171 I suggested you cc your request to a specific person who in that department who recommended that anyone having problems getting a response reapply and add her address in the cc.

Give it a try and let us know if it works.  If you don't get a reply within a week let us know here and I will contact them directly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, srice said:

My experience has been that I can ask for a place and time and usually they grant it.  Sometimes a certain venue isn't available at that time.

There is a lengthy discussion back in this thread about whom to contact.  Basically you e-mail grouponboardservices.princesscruises.com and give them your name, booking number, requested time and date, requested venue, and a current estimate of how many will attend.  They may want an updated estimate a couple of weeks before the event.  In my posting #171 I suggested you cc your request to a specific person who in that department who recommended that anyone having problems getting a response reapply and add her address in the cc.

Give it a try and let us know if it works.  If you don't get a reply within a week let us know here and I will contact them directly.

READ closely to the email you posted it is incorrect. 

4 hours ago, srice said:

Thanks so much.  I will resend my request (4th time is the charm, right?) and cc: D. Hall.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Hooray!  Copying Diana Hall on my request seems to have done the trick.  She called and confirmed the date and time I requested for our Meet & Greet.  Thanks so much to all of you who stepped in to help me.  You are the best!!! 😍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pandas4cheri said:

Hooray!  Copying Diana Hall on my request seems to have done the trick.  She called and confirmed the date and time I requested for our Meet & Greet.  Thanks so much to all of you who stepped in to help me.  You are the best!!! 😍

I'm glad you got it worked out and thanks for coming back to let us know.  I hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:47 PM, kkschwendiman said:

FYI….On Princess it’s called a “Meet & Greet” vs a Meet & Mingle. I organize my meetings a little different. I ask people to email me with their information. That way I have a list & a way to reach people if needed & I know how many people to expect. I also make name tags for everyone. I send everyone my flyer that has all of the details for our meeting. 

I’ve contacted CC staff & they sent me a number of items to use for a raffle. 

I also ask the ships photographer to come & make a group photo. Something to remember people & our cruise by. 

I’ve enclosed a copy of my flyer for an upcoming cruise. I can reuse this & just change the information. I’ve also organized a chef’s dinner & on one 19 day cruise I made lanyards for our cruise. 

If your interested I can provide you a copy of the letter I use to invite the officers. 

Tom😀

9B833585-32A5-4320-95A2-E6ED0F59A376.jpeg

5066E65D-610C-4B89-B05E-6B19C2CF3A3B.jpeg

DF5BE4FD-C7F2-4084-9032-B265B6511263.jpeg

6EE911A4-6728-4D6A-A3CB-1E5698D5832F.jpeg

On 5/2/2022 at 11:49 AM, srice said:

Good morning!  I contacted Princess and unfortunately was assigned as group leader for the M&G.  Definitely NOT what I wanted!!!  It's been several years since I've been on a ship and don't feel comfortable at all trying to actually run this!  Now I feel like I'm stuck, though. I'm not a "party person", and my brain just doesn't work that way (planning and executing parties)...I love to attend, but not plan.  So I'm thinking it won't turn out well. 

Another concern: not too many peeps have actually signed up for the roll call yet, hoping as it gets closer, more will.

I'd appreciate any further info you'd be willing to provide.  Thanks so much for your help!

~Kirsten Schwendiman  

16 hours ago, trbarton said:

FYI….On Princess it’s called a “Meet & Greet” vs a Meet & Mingle. I organize my meetings a little different. I ask people to email me with their information. That way I have a list & a way to reach people if needed & I know how many people to expect. I also make name tags for everyone. I send everyone my flyer that has all of the details for our meeting. 

I’ve contacted CC staff & they sent me a number of items to use for a raffle. 

I also ask the ships photographer to come & make a group photo. Something to remember people & our cruise by. 

I’ve enclosed a copy of my flyer for an upcoming cruise. I can reuse this & just change the information. I’ve also organized a chef’s dinner & on one 19 day cruise I made lanyards for our cruise. 

If your interested I can provide you a copy of the letter I use to invite the officers. 

Tom😀

9B833585-32A5-4320-95A2-E6ED0F59A376.jpeg

5066E65D-610C-4B89-B05E-6B19C2CF3A3B.jpeg

DF5BE4FD-C7F2-4084-9032-B265B6511263.jpeg

6EE911A4-6728-4D6A-A3CB-1E5698D5832F.jpeg

1 minute ago, kkschwendiman said:

Good morning!  I contacted Princess and unfortunately was assigned as group leader for the M&G.  Definitely NOT what I wanted!!!  It's been several years since I've been on a ship and don't feel comfortable at all trying to actually run this!  Now I feel like I'm stuck, though. I'm not a "party person", and my brain just doesn't work that way (planning and executing parties)...I love to attend, but not plan.  So I'm thinking it won't turn out well. 

Another concern: not too many peeps have actually signed up for the roll call yet, hoping as it gets closer, more will.

I'd appreciate any further info you'd be willing to provide.  Thanks so much for your help!

~Kirsten Schwendiman  

If you don't want to organize the M&G then don't.  After all this is a vacation and you shouldn't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.  If you contacted Princess to set up the M&G then hopefully someone will step up.

Don't let tbarton's posting scare you.  Most people don't do all of the things he does and the M&G turns out just fine.  I admire him for his creativity and energy and think the other passengers on his sailing are fortunate.

It is possible that no one will take the M&G and so be it. 

• Like 2

Good morning Tom!  Thanks so much for this!  I'd love to see a copy of your invitation letter, ad this was mentioned to me in my email from Princess...the one actually assigning ME as group leader!😬  I'm not a party planner, more just an attendee, so I couldn't possibly be more apprehensive.

Sounds like you've done this a few times!  How do you get peeps to actually sign up on the roll call?  We don't have very many (about 20) yet at all, but embarkation isn't till 9/30 so I'm hoping more will sign on as it nears.  I'm feeling really out of my element.  All I wanted was some INFORMATION, not to be actually in charge.  

What kind of stuff did CC staff provide for your raffle?  And who did you contact about that?  I understand from my email that it will be a no-host bar (which gets my vote, another benefit of the beverage package🙃), but they also sent me a price list for snack trays.  This seems like it'd be fun, but I feel impressed to ask peeps to pitch in...ahead of time, or actually at the event?

Thanks again for your help and the information!  Look forward to hearing more from you, if you're willing.

~Kirsten Schwendiman

2 hours ago, kkschwendiman said:

Good morning Tom!  Thanks so much for this!  I'd love to see a copy of your invitation letter, ad this was mentioned to me in my email from Princess...the one actually assigning ME as group leader!😬  I'm not a party planner, more just an attendee, so I couldn't possibly be more apprehensive.

Sounds like you've done this a few times!  How do you get peeps to actually sign up on the roll call?  We don't have very many (about 20) yet at all, but embarkation isn't till 9/30 so I'm hoping more will sign on as it nears.  I'm feeling really out of my element.  All I wanted was some INFORMATION, not to be actually in charge.  

What kind of stuff did CC staff provide for your raffle?  And who did you contact about that?  I understand from my email that it will be a no-host bar (which gets my vote, another benefit of the beverage package🙃), but they also sent me a price list for snack trays.  This seems like it'd be fun, but I feel impressed to ask peeps to pitch in...ahead of time, or actually at the event?

Thanks again for your help and the information!  Look forward to hearing more from you, if you're willing.

~Kirsten Schwendiman

Kristen,

As someone mentioned you don’t have to go as far as I have done. That’s my style. There will be other people that will help if you ask. I’ve asked for help before & had a number of people offer to help. 

Email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com & we can further discuss some of your question's. 

I’m willing to help & some of the things I’ve done you only create it once & then you have a template to use. 

Tom😀

5 hours ago, kkschwendiman said:

~Kirsten Schwendiman

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Kristen,

As someone mentioned you don’t have to go as far as I have done. That’s my style. There will be other people that will help if you ask. I’ve asked for help before & had a number of people offer to help. 

Email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com & we can further discuss some of your question's. 

I’m willing to help & some of the things I’ve done you only create it once & then you have a template to use. 

Tom😀

Kristen, I will be happy to help also.  Feel free to e-mail me at srice(at)yahoo.com.