Meet and Greet Coordinator List

denmarks

6 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The group services person sent a list of meeting options. One of those is $10 for a cordless microphone.  The 2 Majestic M&G's I attended last year both had a microphone. Ombud, you were the leader of the Alaska M&G, did you pay for a microphone?  I just assumed Princess supplied one for their officers.

What about for others here that have organized a M&G, did you order/pay for a microphone?

Anyone ever order trays of food?  They range from $12 for cheese and crackers to $30 to serve 15 people.

I've always had access to a microphone and I've never been charged. And I don't order food. Recently they've provided coffee / tea / juice / pastries and not charged. Before pandemic it was just water & dry bar snacks with a bartender. But he was superfluous 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've always had access to a microphone and I've never been charged. And I don't order food. Recently they've provided coffee / tea / juice / pastries and not charged. Before pandemic it was just water & dry bar snacks with a bartender. But he was superfluous 

Thanks!  That is what I suspected - that they provided a microphone without charge.

7 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The group services person sent a list of meeting options. One of those is $10 for a cordless microphone.  The 2 Majestic M&G's I attended last year both had a microphone. Ombud, you were the leader of the Alaska M&G, did you pay for a microphone?  I just assumed Princess supplied one for their officers.

What about for others here that have organized a M&G, did you order/pay for a microphone?

Anyone ever order trays of food?  They range from $12 for cheese and crackers to $30 to serve 15 people.

Back in November when I was on the Enchanted Princess the M&G organizer paid $10 for a microphone which was the first time I ever heard of that happening.  I am on the Emerald Princess right now and I think the M&G organizer turned down the microphone and it wasn't needed.

Also on this sailing the organizer arranged with the Loyalty Ambassador ("LA")to have coffee, water, orange juice, and pastries and there was no charge.  I think she said she contacted the LA as soon as she boarded and the LA offered the setup.  There were a lot of crew members attending which came from the organizer sending only 1 letter to the captain and he did the recruiting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Yes, I know all that. I still need to hear from someone about the microphone and whether they paid to get one or if the CD (or someone) brought one with him or her

Except on  2 occasions we paid for the microphone.  $10 was added to the folio.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I think that depends on the ship. We had one on the Sky early January...I didn't pay for a microphone and no food or drink was offered for free but drinks could be gotten from the bar...of course most of us had the drinks package.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Yes, I know all that. I still need to hear from someone about the microphone and whether they paid to get one or if the CD (or someone) brought one with him or her

I know that you know all of that. It was a comment. I know nothing about a microphone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question for some of you who have coordinated multiple M&Gs from a new coordinator (though I've been to dozens of M&Gs).  At one month out from the cruise, I confirmed the count of 50 with Princess.  But now a week or two later, we have had a lot of people join the roll call and we are at 78. Do I just figure that about 1/3 of them won't show (I've been to some where half that said they were coming didn't)? Or do I let Princess know even though they wanted the final count 1.5 weeks ago? Have you updated when the numbers jumped so much or just let it slide, and it all works out?

8 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

A question for some of you who have coordinated multiple M&Gs from a new coordinator (though I've been to dozens of M&Gs).  At one month out from the cruise, I confirmed the count of 50 with Princess.  But now a week or two later, we have had a lot of people join the roll call and we are at 78. Do I just figure that about 1/3 of them won't show (I've been to some where half that said they were coming didn't)? Or do I let Princess know even though they wanted the final count 1.5 weeks ago? Have you updated when the numbers jumped so much or just let it slide, and it all works out?

You can contact them.  Depending on which venue they assigned to your group, they may either say that the venue is sufficient for you new number, or perhaps assign a larger venue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

If you were assigned to Skywalkers Lounge i wouldn't bother contacting them. That room can easily hold 100+.

For future reference: Take 5 on the newer ships (Sky, Enchanted,  Discovery) holds 136 so if I were to break that # I would contact them & request the larger room (Live) which holds 178. Not sure a shift can be made this close to sailing but I'd let Allison know. (Aka grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

If you were assigned to Skywalkers Lounge i wouldn't bother contacting them. That room can easily hold 100+.

For future reference: Take 5 on the newer ships (Sky, Enchanted,  Discovery) holds 136 so if I were to break that # I would contact them & request the larger room (Live) which holds 178. Not sure a shift can be made this close to sailing but I'd let Allison know. (Aka grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com)

I agree that Skywalkers should be able to hold a large, or small for that matter, group.

My concern with Take Five is it is spread out pretty far.  I went to a M&G in Take Five and sat in the area nearest the Princess Theater and had trouble keeping up with what was happening at the other end.  You would definitely need a microphone if you had a good turnout.  Also due to the layout of Take Five there is a lot of traffic flowing through which can be a little disruptive.  On the Royal class of ships you might consider Princess Live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:47 PM, nini said:

It took 2 days. We are on the Emerald.

hi this is gailcruiser. how do i register for the meet and greet?

i am in room 403 thanks. are there any other on ongoings on ther emerals sailing on april 16?

On 3/11/2022 at 1:57 PM, nini said:

I have heard back from our "Group Onboard Services" person.

Please answer if you can: From the number of people on your Roll Call, what do you think is the average number of people who attend the M&G? I realize that each CC person, will have another person associated with them.

I am going to guess, 50%?

Thanks for your estimates.

this is gailcruiser is there a meet and greet? how can i get to register please advise. I am a solo and

looking for other solos to share some tea/coffee.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:10 PM, srice said:

Why don't you scroll through the Princess Cruises forum.  I believe there are several threads about current CDs.

how do i get my name on the meet and greet list? thanks this is gailcruise on the 8th deck.

is there anybody out there that would like to meet for dinner? i am a solo. Thanks

On 3/21/2022 at 10:24 PM, Mary Ann 2 said:

mary is there a meet and greet that i can register for? This is gailcruiser from the 8th floor.

anybody please register to.

32 minutes ago, gailcruiser said:

mary is there a meet and greet that i can register for? This is gailcruiser from the 8th floor.

anybody please register to.

You need to go down further on the Cruise Critic forums page to where it says Roll Calls, then go to Princess, then pick your ship and the month from the drop down menu.  You should then see your cruise among the list.  That's how you get to your Roll Call.  From there, you will have to read it to see if they have a Meet & Greet planned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

You need to go down further on the Cruise Critic forums page to where it says Roll Calls, then go to Princess, then pick your ship and the month from the drop down menu.  You should then see your cruise among the list.  That's how you get to your Roll Call.  From there, you will have to read it to see if they have a Meet & Greet planned. thanks i finally found it. question here these pages only go t o page 7. somehow i ended up on page 83?!!! i found the LOST FAN# 1 person who listed the sheet. did register thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gailcruiser said:

hi this is gailcruiser. how do i register for the meet and greet?

i am in room 403 thanks. are there any other on ongoings on ther emerals sailing on april 16?

It looks like you communicated with your Roll Call on March 28th. Yes, that Roll Call is 83 pages long.

It will also be more helpful if you write your responses in the new space provided, below the "quote" of another, as I have done here.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, nini said:

It looks like you communicated with your Roll Call on March 28th. Yes, that Roll Call is 83 pages long.

It will also be more helpful if you write your responses in the new space provided, below the "quote" of another, as I have done here.

thanks gail

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, we're on the Caribbean Princess July 23 for the NE/Canada cruise. I've emailed Princess onboard services a couple of times about arranging a Meet & Greet for the roll call and no reply. Do they usually respond quickly? Can anyone provide another suggestion on how to reach out to them? Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, Wachesawcruiser said:

Hello, we're on the Caribbean Princess July 23 for the NE/Canada cruise. I've emailed Princess onboard services a couple of times about arranging a Meet & Greet for the roll call and no reply. Do they usually respond quickly? Can anyone provide another suggestion on how to reach out to them? Thanks!!!

I contacted the Group Onboard Services Department and they said they had no request for a M&G on your sailing.  It was suggested that you resubmit your request to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com and cc: dhall@princesscruises.com.  

Let us know if that works.

I asked if they had gotten busy recently and was told that they certainly have.

Edited by srice

7 hours ago, nini said:

How many Officers should one prepare invitations for? We board on May 9th. Thanks!

Most people send a lot of letters to different officers but I have leaned from experience and observation that the most successful results are obtained by preparing ONE letter to the captain and ask him to invite members of his staff.  The times I have used this method and seen others use it have worked very well and you have to write only 1 letter of invitation to the captain.  When I prepare the letter I drop it off at the Passenger Services Desk (purser to us old timers) after embarking in an unsealed envelope and it has worked every time.

11 hours ago, nini said:

How many Officers should one prepare invitations for? We board on May 9th. Thanks!

On the Caribbean Princess, we brought invitations but the event coordinator was marvelous the last week. She had sent invites the day before!  She also walked me up to Skywalker’s and we discussed where I wanted tables for the name tags and sign up lists. (You can request tables and pens and paper and microphone ($10) ahead in emails with shore side coordinator. ). She brought a lot of pens so no need to share a pen. And she was at the event to help if any need. 

Good morning all!  This isn't actually a coordinator list question, but hope someone can either give me an answer or tell me how to find one. 

There's not a meet and mingle set for my cruise (Emerald Princess Sept 30 embarkation) yet (that I know of).  How do I encourage this to happen?