Transfer reservation to travel agent

mediator

We are going in the Regal Princess for a b2b cruise for Thanksgiving.  I have been watching the December prices and they are dropping a bit. My question is....if  I I dont book b4 I board on the 17th and wait until  I am onboard in case there is some special offer and I decide  to book on board, can it be transferred to my TA, or does the 60 day rule still apply.  In which case I book it now! 

2 hours ago, mediator said:

We are going in the Regal Princess for a b2b cruise for Thanksgiving.  I have been watching the December prices and they are dropping a bit. My question is....if  I I dont book b4 I board on the 17th and wait until  I am onboard in case there is some special offer and I decide  to book on board, can it be transferred to my TA, or does the 60 day rule still apply.  In which case I book it now! 

If you book now with a Refundable Deposit (RD), then you have flexibility to see what might be on offer.  Really, there is no different specials on board than Princess offers on their website.  In rare instances, there might be some extra OBC for buying and using a FCD immediately with an on-board booking (but it is random and may be specific to certain itineraries).

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how long the process takes for the transfer? I sent in the form on Friday and haven't heard back yet (guessing that department isn't in the office over the weekend). Final payment is due in a few days so need to get it done before - do they usually send an email to confirm it's complete?

57 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Can anyone tell me how long the process takes for the transfer? I sent in the form on Friday and haven't heard back yet (guessing that department isn't in the office over the weekend). Final payment is due in a few days so need to get it done before - do they usually send an email to confirm it's complete?

Check with the TA. When I did this one time, I thought the TA heard from Princess at that time. I didn't get an email.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, mediator said:

If I understand your question (which was posted in October), you are asking if while on a November cruise (which has now ended) you could book a cruise for this December and transfer it to your TA.

Although the question is moot now, when you book a cruise that is past final payment date while you are on the ship, you pay in full for that cruise immediately and thus it cannot be transferred to a TA.

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

They rarely ever tell you or the TA when the transfer has been made.  Once in a blue moon, the TA will get the booking sent to them but usually, you have to call in to find out.  Try after 3 days.

45 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

They rarely ever tell you or the TA when the transfer has been made.  Once in a blue moon, the TA will get the booking sent to them but usually, you have to call in to find out.  Try after 3 days.

Greetings,

Your booking has been transferred! We are pleased to advise that your booking was successfully transferred to your travel agency. Please contact your travel agent for any assistance you may require. 

Have a great day!

Revenue Support Department

RevenueSupportDepartment@PrincessCruises.com

Fax: (661)291-8680

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

Greetings,

Your booking has been transferred! We are pleased to advise that your booking was successfully transferred to your travel agency. Please contact your travel agent for any assistance you may require. 

Have a great day!

Revenue Support Department

RevenueSupportDepartment@PrincessCruises.com

Fax: (661)291-8680

We've received that when it's been transferred.  Also, sometimes Princess will email me and my Travel Agent the booking confirmation, but after some issues a year ago, we now book direct

Edited by jennybenny

26 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Count yourself lucky if you get that notice.  It's pretty inconsistent but maybe they are improving.

I think things may have changed. I used to call my TA and ask her take over a booking with no problem. Then a few months ago she said she was having problems, so I decided to fill out the form and email it to Princess. Four days later I got the email. I sent another request last Friday for another cruise I just booked. 

Edited by billco