Semi live from pursuit, Rome to Barcelona, questions? Just ask

cruisestitch

Long time Celebrity cruiser on my first Azamara cruise.  Have questions?  I will try to answer.

first observations...

1. could they have made the shower any smaller?  I had heard it was small but until you experience it, it’s hard to imagine

2. the ship has a better library than Reflection, which I was just on

3. The ambience is quiet and peaceful, no blaring music poolside or in the coffee shop as I experienced on edge

Observations, somewhat random

1.  As I feared, 22% VAT tax (Sorry, that’s redundant isn’t it?) IS being charged for purchases on board, including internet.  This cruise never leaves the EU, so the tax is imposed.  Buying Internet before the cruise would have evaded the tax. Very annoying.

2. The dining room is very noisy. It’s hard to hear across the table. I’m going to try to find a quieter table location for tomorrow night.

Today’s random observatiins....

1.  It is nice to sit at tables in the buffet that are already set, with glasses, sliverware, placemats.  Much nicer than on Celebrity.

2.  The pizza is just awful.  And cold.  I was the first to enter the buffet just now and the pizza was already cold.  Like, fresh out of the fridge cold.🙁

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Today’s random observatiins....

1.  It is nice to sit at tables in the buffet that are already set, with glasses, sliverware, placemats.  Much nicer than on Celebrity.

2.  The pizza is just awful.  And cold.  I was the first to enter the buffet just now and the pizza was already cold.  Like, fresh out of the fridge cold.🙁

I'm afraid that the pizza on Azamara is not the best in the buffet. However, if you like pizza then room service is the place to get it. Pepperoni with extra cheese. Delicious. 

Phil 

On 10/27/2019 at 4:51 AM, cruisestitch said:

Long time Celebrity cruiser on my first Azamara cruise.  Have questions?  I will try to answer.

first observations...

1. could they have made the shower any smaller?  I had heard it was small but until you experience it, it’s hard to imagine

3. The ambience is quiet and peaceful, no blaring music poolside or in the coffee shop as I experienced on edge

I'm cruising on Eclipse to Hawaii at the moment with Joanie and George who I think you know. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Phil 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think VAT is added IF the cruise is all in the EU, but not if it includes other ports.

VAT is not added to drinks packages.

I believe that VAT is added if your cruise starts or ends in the EU.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, cruisestitch said:

first observations...

Thanks for all the information.  Would you be able to post a few of "The Insiders", the daily planner?  Would like to see some of the daily activities.

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Unlikely - I should pack some.

There was actually a limited supply on my last Pursuit cruise but I know it’s unlikely. The supplies for Fevertree came from Europe so clutching at straws that the ship could have a restock as we are sailing from Portugal 

See you soon!

Vicki

54 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

There was actually a limited supply on my last Pursuit cruise but I know it’s unlikely. The supplies for Fevertree came from Europe so clutching at straws that the ship could have a restock as we are sailing from Portugal 

See you soon!

Vicki