Sideways Interior Cabins

MsSoCalCruiser

Prior to our cruise on the Royal Princess I had asked questions about the sideways cabins. Pam in CA had shared her photos with me and we were super excited to give this cabin a try. Thank you again Pam.

We are back and I wanted to report that we loved the cabin and I thought I would attach a few of my own photos. I’m ready to book this cabin again.

7739CBC6-DDA0-414C-A16C-AE45269E6990.jpeg

B221F5CF-046F-4577-B268-CBAF0C2D6F9F.jpeg

6CF905BA-97B3-4477-B5A6-8271C57012B3.jpeg

3061E271-BE04-4CDA-BDFF-954AC372C9B8.jpeg

2FA71A7E-7B67-4377-8226-E78D035DAFC3.jpeg

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Nice to hear so many good reports of them! My friend’s sis and bro-in-law are trying one out. My friend and I are not, however, because it seems like they’re not as conducive to having separated spaces for privacy when traveling with a friend instead of your mate. 

I was traveling with a friend.   Which cabins do you book for privacy when you are traveling with a friend? I’ve booked insides, Oceanview, balcony and also deluxe balcony but none of those have separated spaces for privacy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I was traveling with a friend.   Which cabins do you book for privacy when you are traveling with a friend? I’ve booked insides, Oceanview, balcony and also deluxe balcony but none of those have separated spaces for privacy. 

Maybe cruise queen forever was referring to the tiny "hall" between the closet and the bathroom.

• Like 1

There are many reasons. Reviewing the days videos and or still photos on a larger format than one's telephone or laptop screen. Play movies etc from laptop, kid's entertainment, skype on a large screen...

Lots of reasons.

I like the sideways Interior as well. FWIW for the wife and I its 1300.00 for a 7 day. Move across the hall to a regular balcony (which is no balcony at all) its 1860.00 move across the hall and few rooms toward midship to a minisuite club class and its 3700.00 Each to their own, but stepping out the door which is where we spend almost all our cruise the only difference is how long you wait for anytime dining. (problem easily fixed by going to Traditional)  Of course there are deals that can change all of that.....

Each to their own but 3 cruises or 1 is the question I always ask......... for having to take the elevator upstairs and get pool/deckside service while enjoying the view/sun

Edited by TNTLAMB
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I didn’t write that but it is my photo.  Why would someone need to access that?

There are frequent questions here about accessing the TV jacks, hdmi, etc.

People might want to do this to play a movie from their dvd player/phone/tablet/laptop, etc

or use a streaming device like a roku, chromecast, etc.

or display the pictures from their camera or phone.

In the cabin configuration shown in your picture it is super hard to access the tv inputs.

The picture is excellent at showing this.

Edited by pablo222

I am not a fan of the sideways cabins.  We booked one on the Regal after reading such great reviews of them, but we did not care for it at all.  Never again.  Instead of having space when you enter and go in, like with a regular inside cabin, you open the door and bam! there are the beds.  Did not feel like there was more space at all.  You couldn't have the dresser drawer pulled out and open, if someone was entering the cabin at the same time.  And, from what I can remember, there was an issue with the bathroom door not opening properly or all the way (can't remember which) due to such a tiny space in front of the closet. 

2 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Instead of having space when you enter and go in, like with a regular inside cabin, you open the door and bam! there are the beds.

You have hit upon the one drawback for these rooms.  Otherwise, we happen to think the layout is good.  Different strokes for different folks - same as various cabin locations.  IDK what our fave location is as have not tried them all yet.  LOL.

22 hours ago, steelers36 said:

You have hit upon the one drawback for these rooms.  Otherwise, we happen to think the layout is good.  Different strokes for different folks - same as various cabin locations.  IDK what our fave location is as have not tried them all yet.  LOL.

I agree that those are 2 drawbacks.  But I like them for every other reason.  So I just learned to not lay naked on the bed and open the door slowly so as not to hit the drawer if it happened to be open.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What about light seepage from the main hallway into the cabin? Is it a problem? i am really light sensitive (migraine)-  and always notice the amount of light leaking in from underneath the door and/or around the door frame itself when I get up in the middle of the night.  I don’t even like that little red dot light on the tv that goes on when you turn it off.  

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

What about light seepage from the main hallway into the cabin? Is it a problem? i am really light sensitive (migraine)-  and always notice the amount of light leaking in from underneath the door and/or around the door frame itself when I get up in the middle of the night.  I don’t even like that little red dot light on the tv that goes on when you turn it off.  

A piece of black tape and a towel will take care of that😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:04 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Prior to our cruise on the Royal Princess I had asked questions about the sideways cabins. Pam in CA had shared her photos with me and we were super excited to give this cabin a try. Thank you again Pam.

We are back and I wanted to report that we loved the cabin and I thought I would attach a few of my own photos. I’m ready to book this cabin again.

We had one of the sideways interior rooms on our cabin crawl on a 2017 TA cruise for people to see. Many of those signing up for the crawl did so to see that configuration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, #1Nanna said:

Looking at pic of the closet, it appears  to be smaller than a regular inside cabin, is this true?

Instead of the large open closet you have the two closet areas as shown in the photo. Across from that you have two sets of shelves instead of one. We liked it more than a regular inside cabin.  We felt that there was more storage room.

• Like 1