New to Royal, question about teen and pools.

ela05

Hi, I'm from Italy, so I apologize if my english is not so good...

With my family I've been cruising in the past on Costa and Ncl ships, next year we'll be on Brilliance OTS, departing from Amsterdam to Norwegian Fiords and Iceland.

I see there's an adult only pool onboard, the Solarium pool, and I think that, being that area covered, it'll be very nice to stay there if weather is bad. My question is about my 15 years old daughter: I know she can't swim in that pool but will it be ok if she just sits on a chair or a sunbed, waiting for her parents to stop enjoying a nice, warm jacuzzi? (We are monsters, I know 🙂 )...I mean, is the area totally off limits to teens, or just the pool?

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, ela05 said:

Hi, I'm from Italy, so I apologize if my english is not so good...

With my family I've been cruising in the past on Costa and Ncl ships, next year we'll be on Brilliance OTS, departing from Amsterdam to Norwegian Fiords and Iceland.

I see there's an adult only pool onboard, the Solarium pool, and I think that, being that area covered, it'll be very nice to stay there if weather is bad. My question is about my 15 years old daughter: I know she can't swim in that pool but will it be ok if she just sits on a chair or a sunbed, waiting for her parents to stop enjoying a nice, warm jacuzzi? (We are monsters, I know 🙂 )...I mean, is the area totally off limits to teens, or just the pool?

Thank you!

the age minimum is 16 to use the  entire Solarium. 

besides she will probably find new friends  on the first night( definitely encourage her to go to the  first meetup in the Teen lounge)  and you will only see her for meals and  bedtime.  

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They don't want anyone under 16 to use the pool, chairs, or loungers.

However, underage guests can use Park Cafe in the Solarium.

Thank you for your reply, I was actually wondering if teens were allowed in Park cafè, too, now I know...

1 minute ago, spookwife said:

the age minimum is 16 to use the  entire Solarium. 

besides she will probably find new friends  on the first night( definitely encourage her to go to the  first meetup in the Teen lounge)  and you will only see her for meals and  bedtime.  

I will tell her to go, but maybe she might find some language issues, making her  feel a little uncomfortable, even if she speaks a little english...we'll see...thank you!

1 minute ago, ela05 said:

Thank you for your reply, I was actually wondering if teens were allowed in Park cafè, too, now I know...

I will tell her to go, but maybe she might find some language issues, making her  feel a little uncomfortable, even if she speaks a little english...we'll see...thank you!

the boys will find her accent quite charming I am sure.  

Just now, BNBR said:

I doubt you will have an issue if your daughter uses the solarium.  Does she look 16?  They don't check ID to enter or anything.  And if they ask, just say 16.

She may look a little older than she actually is, but I wouldn't break the rules...not a big deal, in our last Fiords cruise we didn't use the pool at all, even if it was covered and heated, I just want to be aware of everything before sailing...10 months to go...and can't wait to be there!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ela05 said:

She may look a little older than she actually is, but I wouldn't break the rules...not a big deal, in our last Fiords cruise we didn't use the pool at all, even if it was covered and heated, I just want to be aware of everything before sailing...10 months to go...and can't wait to be there!

Good for you for obeying rules and teaching your daughter the right way to behave.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

However, underage guests can get food from Park Cafe in the Solarium.

I'm confused as I thought the restaurant in the Solarium is the Solarium Bistro and that the Park Cafe is on deck 8 in Central Park.  That's how I remember them from when we were on Harmony of the Seas.

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I'm confused as I thought the restaurant in the Solarium is the Solarium Bistro and that the Park Cafe is on deck 8 in Central Park.  That's how I remember them from when we were on Harmony of the Seas.

OP's ship is Brilliance.