MSC World Class I has a Name!

CruiseAdict218

It looks like they've stolen from the "Book of Bad Cruise Ship Ideas" and put a fair number of  "Infinite Verandas" pioneered on Celebrity Edge to generally universal pans.

I do agree with previous posters who stated that the ship looks a bit like my really high tech iron!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both design features are the shape of ships to come.  The front represents the new parabolic ultra-bow and X-bow designs that apparently offer huge advantages in rough seas and for fuel efficiency [see it on Celebrity Edge and many new expedition ships like Aurora Expeditions 'Greg Mortimer'].  The back design makes the former 'inside' cabins into verandas, albeit without sun or a sea view.

1 minute ago, G.M.T. said:

There are five ships in the World Class - missing MSC Oceania.

Before we go there [let's save the seven seas for another Class], there's still Australia.  [I would also save Antarctica for an ice-rated design.]

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Before we go there [let's save the seven seas for another Class], there's still Australia.  [I would also save Antarctica for an ice-rated design.]

Could split America in North and South.

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Does anyone know why ship designers put these sections of recessed cabins?  Do people really want a balcony with no views forward or aft?

I really think it's about the marketing of "cool, latest, greatest, gluten free, lemon flavoured, no carbs, never-seen-before" pitch to consumers whether it "works" or not.

Unfortunately, even though I have become a "true believer" of MSC, they have a terrible habit of flat-out copying their competitor's "innovations", whether they really offer any value to the product. and providing third generation photocopies.

Princess's Sky Walk becomes glass floors on the Promenade Deck on Seaside.

RCI's 270,  a multipurpose, 24/7 lounge becomes the Carousel Lounge on Meriviglia Class ships that only function to host Cirque du Soleil productions.

RCI's Royal Promenade becomes MSC's Galleria but without the passenger flow thought out.

As they are now the number three cruise line in the world, it's time for them to keep creating their own innovations like the Yacht Club and stop copying the competition.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

I like it!

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Both design features are the shape of ships to come.  The front represents the new parabolic ultra-bow and X-bow designs that apparently offer huge advantages in rough seas and for fuel efficiency [see it on Celebrity Edge and many new expedition ships like Aurora Expeditions 'Greg Mortimer'].  The back design makes the former 'inside' cabins into verandas, albeit without sun or a sea view.

Agree. I kind of like this new look.

5 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Not sure if the lawyers of the Germans think this is sufficient :classic_cool:

I think the prefix covers it. I'm sure you can't copyright the name of a continent. There's already similarly named ships from competing lines. Both Disney and Carnival have a "Dream" "Fantasy" and a "Magic".