Edge Gym?

baggal

We're sailing on the Edge for the first time in December.  I've been reading a lot of threads about the food and drink but unless I missed it - not too much about the gym and/or an outdoor walking track.

Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks in advance,

There are 2 people posting live from EDGE right now..,maybe they can share some pics.  We were there in Jan..heading back this month. We prefer the gyms on S Class but  did fine on EDGE,

EDGE  has a very nice location, light and bright..not too sunny.. It is up a  winding staircase from the spa,  or  go up directly in an elevator if you prefer  .All new machines and equipment...We adjusted okay from our home gym and managed to keep to our routine.  We did not sign up for any classes or fitness evals but they are offered..( extra fees apply to most)

One quirky thing that was very evident are at least two uneven flooring transitions in the  weight machine area.  After tripping a few times and watching others do the same, we learned what to avoid.  We reported it, hope it was fixed.

We did  not use the outdoor walking track

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hcat said:

We did  not use the outdoor walking track

We loved the outdoor walking track.  It has an incline and decline because it is on two different decks.  😊

Edited by Texed
I messed up.
  • Like 3

Gym is very nice.   Last cruise was lightly used.    This cruise more people using but still easy to get a machine.  

B22B8698-2EE4-4D13-BD0B-B7315E988B41.thumb.jpeg.3f402d6e5efe92e0f077902aabda2bdf.jpeg

3FE34249-0FCC-458B-A29D-BE4A367FCEC2.thumb.jpeg.2994276be6b8a535550f4f4aa3c89ccd.jpeg

E0F4E81A-99BE-49CC-85D1-E69DF676CBF0.thumb.jpeg.a346b29fcdb019422c6f3460b6cef166.jpeg

I also love the jogging / walking track.   It is marked with running on right and walking on left but few people follow.   

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also love the jogging / walking track.   It is marked with running on right and walking on left but few people follow.   

Weird they have it backwards from most every other track where it is walkers to the right. I wonder if that is why people are not following it.

25 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Weird they have it backwards from most every other track where it is walkers to the right. I wonder if that is why people are not following it.

Makes perfect sense. In the UK you the drive on the left and overtake (i.e. go faster) by moving to the right.

26 minutes ago, Chanbre said:

Makes perfect sense. In the UK you the drive on the left and overtake (i.e. go faster) by moving to the right.

This is true. I should have said most I have seen follow the North American pattern of slower traffic to the right which is what I have encountered on most ship tracks.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Thanks so much for your responses, especially Jim for taking the time out of your relaxation time to photograph the gym and walking track.

I prefer to walk outdoors on a Caribbean cruise, especially since the temperature this morning in New Jersey has dipped down to 34 degrees with a chance of snow later in the week.  Yikes!

Jim, and everyone else, enjoy your cruise.  I can't wait for mine!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It’s pretty well marked but you still also see people walking upstream  56D9136F-8DF4-4673-8CF8-B333F2D20078.thumb.jpeg.eb40f669afb83e7a918d809c2ac90778.jpeg

I think runners to the left would be a  "lighter " vibration to those in the loungers.  We will be trying out the track  soon..def in the walkers lane!  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, hcat said:

I think runners to the left would be a  "lighter " vibration to those in the loungers.  We will be trying out the track  soon..def in the walkers lane!  

Yes, agree.  And typically (at least in the US) slower traffic is supposed to move to the right to allow passing on the left. 

- BZ

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 12:26 AM, jill1349 said:

Do they have the Nu-Step machine in the gym?   This is piece of equipment where you sit and can move your arms and legs at the same time - they often use it for physical therapy.

Thanks for any information.

No, I didn’t see any.

There is a gym on the Edge?  🤗🙄😱

I was on the edge for 2 weeks in March never bothered to look for it.  I guess for some they feel that they need to something.   My body needs a rest from  my daily workouts during the rest of the year.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅