What is free at Coco Cay?

Lots of free stuff on Coco Cay.  Enjoy the beach, lounge chairs, hammocks, the pool (with swim up bar 😉) and lots of sun, sand and surf.    No need to pay for a beach day.  Bring snorkel gear or rent from the island.  Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, sandystx said:

Lots of free stuff on Coco Cay.  Enjoy the beach, lounge chairs, hammocks, the pool (with swim up bar 😉) and lots of sun, sand and surf.    No need to pay for a beach day.  Bring snorkel gear or rent from the island.  Enjoy!

We just want to go in the ocean and maybe lounge and read a book.  Which direction do you suggest when you get off the pier?  Looking at the map, I see mostly pay areas or the harbor.  Would prefer a beach area to snorkel from, not the harbor beach with the fountain.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We just want to go in the ocean and maybe lounge and read a book.  Which direction do you suggest when you get off the pier?  Looking at the map, I see mostly pay areas or the harbor.  Would prefer a beach area to snorkel from, not the harbor beach with the fountain.

We were there two weeks ago, and if you go left and over the footbridge, you will get to the beach/snorkel areas. There's a good amount of shade over on that side, and there are two free food venues. (The Snack Shack is great BTW). Or, if you don't want to walk it, go right when you get off of the pier, and there's a tram that will take you around the island to the beaches. The third stop is the finished part of South Beach (close to the free pool, and a bit noisy from the DJ music blasting from the pool), and the fourth stop is the snorkel beach area. ( A lot quieter).

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

We were there two weeks ago, and if you go left and over the footbridge, you will get to the beach/snorkel areas. There's a good amount of shade over on that side, and there are two free food venues. (The Snack Shack is great BTW). Or, if you don't want to walk it, go right when you get off of the pier, and there's a tram that will take you around the island to the beaches. The third stop is the finished part of South Beach (close to the free pool), and the fourth stop is the snorkel beach area.

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know.  We will start to the left and then when we are done there, will head to the pool.  Thanks again!

I like 'Chill Beach'.    Just follow the paths.  Most of the island is actually free.  The only pay area is the Waterpark  and the Air Balloon.   From the pier, the Waterpark is somewhat in front of you to the right a bit.  Other than that, you can wander the entire island enjoying the beach, the pool all amenities for no charge.  There is also a free tram that will take you around the island.  My personal experience,  I walked to the large pool (Oasis Lagoon) enjoyed that for a while.  Then wandered over to the beach (Chill Beach).  Snorkeled, grabbed a snack, hung out on the lounge chair for a while.   A perfect day.

Edited by sandystx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I found this information on RC website.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises

It really is a fun day.  I did not spend any money.  Disclaimer: I had the drink package..

I did not spend any money.  I did not have the drink package.  I can wait until I am back on the ship to drink.  Water is best in the hot sun anyway.  😄 

Was just there last month and loved it.  Since I had the DX package I didn’t spend anything extra the whole day.  Got off early and got a good chair under an umbrella near the pool.  When I wandered for a bit I put my stuff in a locker.  For lunch I ate at the snack shack which was really good and while I didn’t eat there I passed through the buffet and it looked tasty.

The best part is that all of that was free.  Unless you want to spend money you will not feel a need at all.  Another note is that if you purchased VOOM, it works on the island as well and actually better than it did onboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know.  We will start to the left and then when we are done there, will head to the pool.  Thanks again!

Best way to get to the pool from the snorkel beach is to hop on the tram and take it down to the next stop. That puts you directly behind the pool.

• Like 1