New Grounds Coffee Package Question

cruzysuzy

19 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

So helpful.  Definitely getting the coffee package now that I understand.  And those flavors look yummy!!

Cruisegal,  so I saw your questions on this thread.  And since we are on the same cruise with you, I thought I should bring up one other point that may apply to you.  When we signed up for this cruise Princess offered the sip and sail promotion which gets you a premium beverage package for both passengers.   If you also have this promotion, you do not need a coffee package as premium coffees are included in the package.

Doug

51 minutes ago, tekman26 said:

We are going on the Regal in a week and half. Are we able to get the coffee package on-board the first day? I have some on-board credit I would rather use for this then pay cash for it ahead of time.

Yes, at the International Cafe or at the tables set up around the ship.

4 hours ago, doug52 said:

Cruisegal,  so I saw your questions on this thread.  And since we are on the same cruise with you, I thought I should bring up one other point that may apply to you.  When we signed up for this cruise Princess offered the sip and sail promotion which gets you a premium beverage package for both passengers.   If you also have this promotion, you do not need a coffee package as premium coffees are included in the package.

Doug

Thanks Doug.  We don't have this promotion, but that's ok, we don't usually take the beverage package, we use our on board credit for wine purchases on board.  Unless we're doing a Caribbean cruise, we don't usually drink much besides wine with dinner.  Which brings me to a new question, other lines we've been on will allow us to purchase a bottle of wine, and if we don't consume it all in one night (which we don't), they store it for us to use at dinner on subsequent days.  Does Princess do this as well? (sorry for totally being off topic here)

2 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

Thanks Doug.  We don't have this promotion, but that's ok, we don't usually take the beverage package, we use our on board credit for wine purchases on board.  Unless we're doing a Caribbean cruise, we don't usually drink much besides wine with dinner.  Which brings me to a new question, other lines we've been on will allow us to purchase a bottle of wine, and if we don't consume it all in one night (which we don't), they store it for us to use at dinner on subsequent days.  Does Princess do this as well? (sorry for totally being off topic here)

Yes, they should do that for you. 

You are also allowed to bring on as much wine as you like,  you just pay a $15 corkage for each bottle over 2.  We sometimes will stop at a liquor store and get several bottles that we know we like and bring them on board and pay the extra corkage, still probably cheaper than the inflated prices per bottle on the cruise ship.  We won't need to do this on this trip, since we were given the beverage package and will hopefully have some decent wines in their included  list.

Doug

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

With the pre - buying of the coffee grounds package on non medallion ships, what do you actually get to show you have purchased it and how do you keep track of what you have used?

It will be associated with your Cruise Card which you present each time you "buy" a coffee.

It has been reported that the only way to know how many "punches" remain is to ask at a bar (and I assume at the Passenger Services Desk) where they can scan your Cruise Card and see how many remain.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

It will be associated with your Cruise Card which you present each time you "buy" a coffee.

It has been reported that the only way to know how many "punches" remain is to ask at a bar (and I assume at the Passenger Services Desk) where they can scan your Cruise Card and see how many remain.

If you connect to Princess@Sea you can see how many "punches" you have and even every transaction. It's under Accounts/Packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

90F5DA4E-E69A-4808-8F4D-03391F2C158C.png

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, tekman26 said:

You made my DW day. She rather get a coffee of some sort versus any type of alcohol beverage.

38 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

90F5DA4E-E69A-4808-8F4D-03391F2C158C.png

tekman26...the Regal is a MedallionClass ship & using the MedallionClass app you could purchase it that way.

Under OceanConcierge there's an option for Drink Packages which takes you to the information Colo posted.  Click on New Grounds Coffee Package to see the option to purchase it...$31 + 18% tip.

96477D98-6258-427C-82F0-1A72F477B0D5.jpeg

4EEC7D17-11CC-47CC-BF03-6ACD44B6C3C2.jpeg

17 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Another question - can you get waiters at the buffet for breakfast/lunch to get you a "complimentary" brewed coffee or do you have to go to the International Café?

The waiters in the buffet will serve you the complimentary coffee they serve in the buffet. On the Royal class ships, it's fresh brewed. On other ships, it's made from a coffee concentrate. 

11 minutes ago, geoherb said:

The waiters in the buffet will serve you the complimentary coffee they serve in the buffet. On the Royal class ships, it's fresh brewed. On other ships, it's made from a coffee concentrate. 

Hi, I know the usual buffet coffee is the horrible concentrate stuff - I was wondering if they would get you a freshly brewed coffee if you have the coffee card and which is "complementary" in addition to the 15 speciality ones. I guess I am ultimately asking if you can get a freshly brewed coffee using your card anywhere other than the International Café.

23 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Hi, I know the usual buffet coffee is the horrible concentrate stuff - I was wondering if they would get you a freshly brewed coffee if you have the coffee card and which is "complementary" in addition to the 15 speciality ones. I guess I am ultimately asking if you can get a freshly brewed coffee using your card anywhere other than the International Café.

No. It's too far a trip for them to run down from the buffet to the International Café. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:49 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, one card can be used for speciality coffees for both of you. We used one card at a time during a 35 night cruise, just buying a new one when the previous one was used up. It was much easier to keep track of that way.

Thanks for info will defiantly purchase one .