Sky Princess TA - Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale Blog

FraudBroad

3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

Tell me all about Hotel Lleo and Barcelona.  We are going there in May.

Lucky you, a transAtlantic.

We loved the Hotel Lleo two years ago.  The rooms were huge (by European standards). The bathroom had one of the biggest walk in showers I've ever seen in a hotel.  The rooms were clean, service is great and the prices is exellent.  It's only a couple of blocks off of Las Ramblas, so you don't have all of the noise, but you have the proximety.  And the breakfast buffet was amazing!

Barcelona is such a great city.  So much beautiful architecture to see (Gaudi was something else).  Looking forward to seeing insde Sangrada Familia on this trip!

3 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

Hi All,

I've started a blog and will be posting from my TA on the Sky Princess - Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  We leave tomorrow for Barcelona and board the Sky Princess on Sunday.  Would love to have you follow along!

http://confessionsofacruiseaddict.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Natalie

Natalie, I look forward to reading your blog, esp. your thoughts on the Sky.  We've been to Barcelona twice, 2003 on the old Regal (don't remember much about that visit) and again in Oct 2011 on a WB TA from Venice.  On that trip we used the HOHO bus to get around, plus walked Las Ramblas (as we had in 2003).  Enjoy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Natalie, I look forward to reading your blog, esp. your thoughts on the Sky.  We've been to Barcelona twice, 2003 on the old Regal (don't remember much about that visit) and again in Oct 2011 on a WB TA from Venice.  On that trip we used the HOHO bus to get around, plus walked Las Ramblas (as we had in 2003).  Enjoy!

We are actually doing the HoHo bus on Saturday.  We have early tickets to see inside Sangrada Familia and then will take the bus.  I LOVED Barcelona when we were there in 2017 so I'm really looking forward to being back again!

So funny about your shower in Copenhagen. We were there in 2016 and I SWEAR the shower in the hotel we stayed at was smaller than the one on the ship! 

18 minutes ago, FraudBroad said:

We are actually doing the HoHo bus on Saturday.  We have early tickets to see inside Sangrada Familia and then will take the bus.  I LOVED Barcelona when we were there in 2017 so I'm really looking forward to being back again!

So funny about your shower in Copenhagen. We were there in 2016 and I SWEAR the shower in the hotel we stayed at was smaller than the one on the ship! 

We were in CPH  5 times between 2003 and 2017.  Once we stayed at the Marriott east of Tivoli  (post cruise and with other CCers--someone had found that they had a really good deal then), but the other times we've stayed in small, old hotels.  Three near the RR station and one near Nyhavn.  Can't remember all the showers <g>.  Older hotels there have quite a big breakfast buffet spread in our experience.

Edited by BarbinMich
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

Looking forward to your blog. I had to cancel TA on the Sky . Hope you have a great cruise. I love Barcelona. The HOHO bus is one of the best ways to see the city. There are also several free walking tours.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry!!! It's always terrible to have to cancel a cruise! Thanks so much for following along!

Whew!  Your United experience was a great reminder of why you fly a few days early for international travel - so glad you made it and your mom was ok on her lonesome for that time.  Here’s to smooth sailing for the rest of your trip.

• Like 1