Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.  I have printed up the Ocean Ready Passes bearing the QR code.  I'm not sure what we need to do with these passes.  If I already have the Medallion, wouldn't that function as my pass instead?  Previous posts make it sound as if when you have the Medallion shipped to you all you need for boarding is to bypass the check in counter and use the medallion and present your passport and you proceed to boarding.  Why do we need to have the Ocean Ready Pass?

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.  I have printed up the Ocean Ready Passes bearing the QR code.  I'm not sure what we need to do with these passes.  If I already have the Medallion, wouldn't that function as my pass instead?  Previous posts make it sound as if when you have the Medallion shipped to you all you need for boarding is to bypass the check in counter and use the medallion and present your passport and you proceed to boarding.  Why do we need to have the Ocean Ready Pass?

When we boarded the Royal Princess in early November it was  good thing I had printed the passes as the security point didnt have the medallion scanners so it was either them look for your name on a long tiny printed list or if you had your printed pass you showed them and passed through into the terminal where they had the medallion scanners to check into the ship and get a boarding ticket. We were able to blow past others since I had the passes printed...the security lady was so grateful ...it was a nightmare with them trying to read and find the names. 

23 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

When we boarded the Royal Princess in early November it was  good thing I had printed the passes as the security point didnt have the medallion scanners so it was either them look for your name on a long tiny printed list or if you had your printed pass you showed them and passed through into the terminal where they had the medallion scanners to check into the ship and get a boarding ticket. We were able to blow past others since I had the passes printed...the security lady was so grateful ...it was a nightmare with them trying to read and find the names. 

So, which passes did you use?  I have printed the e-boarding pass from the cruise personalizer and I have also now printed copies of the Ocean Ready Passes.  It seems to me that I will have three different types of boarding passes (including the Medallion) on the date I board.  We will be boarding the Regal most likely at Terminal 2 at Port Everglades if this helps someone answer my question.

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

So, which passes did you use?  I have printed the e-boarding pass from the cruise personalizer and I have also now printed copies of the Ocean Ready Passes.  It seems to me that I will have three different types of boarding passes (including the Medallion) on the date I board.  We will be boarding the Regal most likely at Terminal 2 at Port Everglades if this helps someone answer my question.

I printed the personalizer and the ocean ready..i had them folded together so when i pulled them out the security woman said she could take either as i showed both...forgot which one i actually handed her for her to look at up close...she handed it back and pointed us the the shortest line for the bag and  person scanner. We had brought on some soda so while they double checked it was truly soda i saw that others that had just the medallion and no paperwork were looking at some real fine print sheets trying to find their names......so glad i am a bit of an OCD freak and plan for the what if's!  the terminal was just about empty since we blew through security...went over to the check in, tapped our medallions where they looked at the info that popped up and looked at us, gave us the ship map and the boarding ticket and pointed us to the platinum lounge as boarding had not started yet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Just wondering... Would any of the Medallion cheerleaders fly a 737 Max to their Medallion cruise?

I don't need to be a cheerleader to answer this. When the FAA/Southwest Airlines/Boeing decide to return the Airplane to service, the answer is yes.

Jim😎

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I printed the personalizer and the ocean ready..i had them folded together so when i pulled them out the security woman said she could take either as i showed both...forgot which one i actually handed her for her to look at up close...she handed it back and pointed us the the shortest line for the bag and  person scanner. We had brought on some soda so while they double checked it was truly soda i saw that others that had just the medallion and no paperwork were looking at some real fine print sheets trying to find their names......so glad i am a bit of an OCD freak and plan for the what if's!  the terminal was just about empty since we blew through security...went over to the check in, tapped our medallions where they looked at the info that popped up and looked at us, gave us the ship map and the boarding ticket and pointed us to the platinum lounge as boarding had not started yet. 

We have brought bottled tea/pop before and never checked to make sure it was that.  But just a bottle for each of us while waiting.  Is that something new?  

12 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

I don't need to be a cheerleader to answer this. When the FAA/Southwest Airlines/Boeing decide to return the Airplane to service, the answer is yes.

Jim😎

Gotta say we talked about this.  But hubby said if it is your time it is your time.  Just hope it was post cruise!  Really driving is even more hazardous with people texting.

3 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

We have brought bottled tea/pop before and never checked to make sure it was that.  But just a bottle for each of us while waiting.  Is that something new?  

We sent our case of water through with the porters but had tucked a 6 pack of mini bottles of gingerale in the back for DH...helps settle his stomach and he can sip as much or as little and reseal and drink it throughout the sailing...anyway...had that in my carryon bag...forgot it and the screener saw it pop up...asked if i could pull it out for him to see...said no prob unzipped the bag, he looked and saw the  label and said thanks free to go. 

5 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We sent our case of water through with the porters but had tucked a 6 pack of mini bottles of gingerale in the back for DH...helps settle his stomach and he can sip as much or as little and reseal and drink it throughout the sailing...anyway...had that in my carryon bag...forgot it and the screener saw it pop up...asked if i could pull it out for him to see...said no prob unzipped the bag, he looked and saw the  label and said thanks free to go. 

Thanks...We have to have fluid for my hubby to drink...even have a doctor's written notice.  He can't be without.  We have done this for like 30 years and now they are checking.  Makes me wonder if there is a security issue.

2 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Thanks...We have to have fluid for my hubby to drink...even have a doctor's written notice.  He can't be without.  We have done this for like 30 years and now they are checking.  Makes me wonder if there is a security issue.

I think mine was because of the quantity and the fact that i left it in the bag so it was "hidden"...very well could have been liquor or wine or champagne.  I didnt mind him checking.  What did scare me was the porters told us no case of water....I said oh i dont think so it is allowed...then another porter said that this is princess and they allow it...porter said ok, apologized and put it on the train with our other bags. 

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

Thank you.  We have to have fluids all the time for DH after head and neck surgery.  We can't afford to be without in case of whatever.  Always carry it everywhere we go. Sometimes there is a long wait...most times.

very welcome.  i fully believe it was only an issue because i had it in the bag. if you keep it out like you say you do should be fine until princess changes their policy...lets hope they dont.  We drink a lot of water which is why we bring our own on board...plus dh is a water snob and likes certain brands. 

Has anyone taken a Medallion cruise with a 2 year old?  My son's daughter will have just turned 2 when we go in Feb.  He indicated to me that Princess doesn't issue a medallion to 2 or under passengers.  So, no issue about the ship.

My question is more about boarding.  Will they have to board differently than those of us with Medallions?  

Does my gdaughter get a card?  How about leaving and returning at the ports?  

I gave a quick call to Princess and although very polite it was more or less "oh don't worry about things", they'll take of you."  I'm sure Princess will, but I still don't know if we'll need to part ways with initial board.  And then, not sure about what she'll have for visiting/returning at the ports.  

FWIW, this is a Carr. cruise leaving out of FLL.

TIA

22 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Just wondering... Would any of the Medallion cheerleaders fly a 737 Max to their Medallion cruise?

Realize that this is an attempt at humor, however it is way over and beyond the limits allowed for hyperbole, not to mention equivalence. Better luck next time. 😀

23 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I certainly would.  The 737 Max will be the best tested aircraft flying when it is returned to service.  No other aircraft will have undergone the scrutiny all things Max will have gone through. 

13 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I certainly would.  The 737 Max will be the best tested aircraft flying when it is returned to service.  No other aircraft will have undergone the scrutiny all things Max will have gone through. 

It's a good discussion to have.  I would hope that testing and retesting would give the pilots the assurance they need to start flying that equipment again.  If Boeing was smart, they would insist on their top executives and the engineers who sign off on the plane spend a few weeks flying on the 737Max.  If they would be not willing to do that, I don't think I would be comfortable on it.

18 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I printed the personalizer and the ocean ready..i had them folded together so when i pulled them out the security woman said she could take either as i showed both.....so glad i am a bit of an OCD freak and plan for the what if's! 

OCD is not a disorder, it's a way of life!   When I apply for electronic travel visas - ETAs - I always print the confirmation screen and/or the confirmation email just in case. 

34 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

OCD is not a disorder, it's a way of life!   When I apply for electronic travel visas - ETAs - I always print the confirmation screen and/or the confirmation email just in case. 

I completely agree....I embrace my OCD or as I joke CDO as that puts them in proper order.  I always bring with me a binder/folder of everything we have paid for and have planned.  I have had it come in handy when princess claimed we didn't have some OBC that was missing...whipped out my travel folder of travel summary, final pmt and flight info...flipped to the page showing total OBC and other items requested...all was fixed by end of the night. My family and friends know I am a spreadsheet and list queen! I am such a planner so that way when we get there I can relax and enjoy vs trying to figure stuff out on the fly. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Thumper007 said:

I have a future cruise booked on the CB and when I go to Ocean Medallion, it has my Captains Circle status wrong. Is there a way to correct this before I order my Medallion?

I had that happen too.  A call to Princess got it fixed pretty quickly.

30 minutes ago, camper49 said:

I have my e docs (from TA). How do I proceed to getting the medallion? We will have to get them at the port due to travel plans. I have an iPhone & iPad & hubby has a flip phone. 

Ty

Use the iPhone or iPad and go to the app store and download the app named Medallion Class.  Once you have that, open the app.  When the page with the ship opens up there should be a link  at the bottom that says.  Get Ocean Ready.  Click on that link and follow the steps in getting "Ocean Ready"  you will have the option of indicating that you want to pick up the Medallions at the pier.  If it gets too complicated, You can go to the Check In queue and they will get you Ocean Ready there.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 3:17 AM, Grego said:

The Medallion does work just like the previous key card in that it has information stored on it that is the same.

There is no passenger information stored on the medallion other than a single identifier number. All passenger information is stored on a secure server. The unique identifier number on the medallion links back to the information on the secure server. zero  passenger information is stored on the Medallion.

• Like 2

This was asked but not answered very early in this blog. I just booked the cruise following the one we will be taking in January. I have the medallion part all set up for the first cruise; now that I have booked the second cruise, making it B2B cruises, I am being told that I will change cabins at midpoint. Will I be getting a different set of medallions and do I set both up on my phone at the same time?   TIA

On 12/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, Daniel A said:

Use the iPhone or iPad and go to the app store and download the app named Medallion Class.  Once you have that, open the app.  When the page with the ship opens up there should be a link  at the bottom that says.  Get Ocean Ready.  Click on that link and follow the steps in getting "Ocean Ready"  you will have the option of indicating that you want to pick up the Medallions at the pier.  If it gets too complicated, You can go to the Check In queue and they will get you Ocean Ready there.

No luck so far...I keep getting the message “our servers are having problems..