Hotels near Manhattan Cruise Terminal that offer free shuttle service?

Sand seeker

46 minutes ago, Sand seeker said:

We arrive in NYC in Feb at Manhattan Cruise Terminal and wondering:

Hotels that offer free transportation from the Terminal?

Hotels that offer luggage storage or early check in?

There are no hotels in NY City that offer free transportation to the MCT. Assuming you're going to staying at a hotel in Manhattan, it's easy and relatively inexpensive to get a taxi or Uber from any hotel to the cruise terminal. I assume you're flying in. If so your transportation options and costs from airport to hotel will vary depending on which airport you're flying in to.

If you're arriving at your hotel earlier than your check in time they'll hold your luggage for you.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

There are no hotels in NY City that offer free transportation to the MCT. Assuming you're going to staying at a hotel in Manhattan, it's easy and relatively inexpensive to get a taxi or Uber from any hotel to the cruise terminal. I assume you're flying in. If so your transportation options and costs from airport to hotel will vary depending on which airport you're flying in to.

If you're arriving at your hotel earlier than your check in time they'll hold your luggage for you.

You misread or misunderstood. I am arriving in NYC at the Cruise Terminal. This is after disembarkation. I'm staying in NYC for a couple days post cruise. My inquiry was in regard to hotels that may offer a pick up service from the cruise port AND allow us to store our bags or for early check in when we get off the ship at 10am so that we can go out and tour Manhattan.

14 minutes ago, Sand seeker said:

You misread or misunderstood. I am arriving in NYC at the Cruise Terminal. This is after disembarkation. I'm staying in NYC for a couple days post cruise. My inquiry was in regard to hotels that may offer a pick up service from the cruise port AND allow us to store our bags or for early check in when we get off the ship at 10am so that we can go out and tour Manhattan.

It is unlikely that you will find a hotel with pick up service -- also illogical to think they would provide one-way service.  Taxis, Uber, and car services are the way to get around Manhattan.  Most good hotels will allow pre-check in luggage storage - but you would want to confirm with yours.

Hotels in NYC have Bellman service. They will take the bags and store them in a storage room. When you officially check in the reception will call a bellman and he will deliver your bags to your room. It is customary to give the bellman a tip. 

44 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

It is unlikely that you will find a hotel with pick up service -- also illogical to think they would provide one-way service.  Taxis, Uber, and car services are the way to get around Manhattan.  Most good hotels will allow pre-check in luggage storage - but you would want to confirm with yours.

I don't think it would be illogical to think transportation would be provided one-way. Everywhere I've traveled to around the country and world has hotels that offer pick up or drop off service to an airport or cruise terminal or within a specific radius of the hotel. The transportation options you mention would all provide one-way service. 
I also realize that many hotels may offer pre-check in of luggage for storage. The question was asking which specific ones do people know of that offer it... so I don't need to call around to dozens of hotels to ask.

38 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Hotels in NYC have Bellman service. They will take the bags and store them in a storage room. When you officially check in the reception will call a bellman and he will deliver your bags to your room. It is customary to give the bellman a tip. 

Are you saying ALL hotels in NYC offer this?

1 hour ago, Sand seeker said:

Well, ignoring the part about airport transportation the advice I gave you still applies, just in the reverse direction:

Hotels in Manhattan don't offer transportation from the pier, just as they don't offer it to the pier. In fact hotels in Manhattan don't have transportation services to or from airports either...for that matter to or from anywhere. Maybe someplace charging thousands a night for a suite might throw in a complimentary limo ride, but I assume you're not planning to spend that type of money for a hotel.

Taking a taxi or Uber is the way to go. 

Now I would never claim to have checked this out at every hotel in Manhattan as there are hundreds of them, but I've never heard of a hotel that didn't offer baggage storage for guests who arrive early.

1 hour ago, Sand seeker said:

I don't think it would be illogical to think transportation would be provided one-way. Everywhere I've traveled to around the country and world has hotels that offer pick up or drop off service to an airport or cruise terminal or within a specific radius of the hotel. The transportation options you mention would all provide one-way service. 
I also realize that many hotels may offer pre-check in of luggage for storage. The question was asking which specific ones do people know of that offer it... so I don't need to call around to dozens of hotels to ask.

As a matter of fact, is very illogical to think a hotel would provide pick-up service, but not drop off service, or vice versa,  to a location such as a cruise pier.

I know that the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Plaza, Trump, Waldorf Astoria, AC by Marriott, and Sofitel offer luggage storage for booked guests.

12 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I know that the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Plaza, Trump, Waldorf Astoria, AC by Marriott, and Sofitel offer luggage storage for booked guests.

And you can add any 3-5 star full service hotel to that list (with the exception of the Waldorf which is out of commission until 2023 for an unfortunate condo conversion). 

2 hours ago, Sand seeker said:

First thing you have to understand is that NYC is not a typical city and you can't assume that if services are offered elsewhere, ie shuttle service, it is offered there. Your best bet is to pick a hotel you wan to stay in and ask about storing your bags prior to your room being ready. As said above most good hotels will store them for you.  As far as shuttle services go it just doesn't pay the hotel to do that when everyone takes uber or a cab and you couldn't plan on shuttle service because with Manhattan traffic it could take 2 minutes to 30 minutes to get around a block .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand what everyone is saying that Manhattan hotels don't have shuttle service.  It also reads like the OP wants to stay in Manhattan post cruise.

For those of us with a different definition of "near" (but might still look at this thread): there are still the park and cruise packages in NJ, right?

I'm looking at sailing May 16, 2020 on a 9 day Carnival Journey cruise.  I thought I saw packages that will allow us to not have to drive in Manhattan and the stay would be less than the cost of parking.  Has this changed?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Right.  A bargain place might not have a "bellman" per se, but they will have baggage storage.

I can't speak for hostels or YMCA options, but I expect they hold luggage, too, as they are very customer focused

And I personally could not recommend any property that would not store you luggage. I don’t understand the word “bargain”. Because plenty of times you can get a decent hotel at a bargain price if you are not traveling peak season. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I understand what everyone is saying that Manhattan hotels don't have shuttle service.  It also reads like the OP wants to stay in Manhattan post cruise.

For those of us with a different definition of "near" (but might still look at this thread): there are still the park and cruise packages in NJ, right?

I'm looking at sailing May 16, 2020 on a 9 day Carnival Journey cruise.  I thought I saw packages that will allow us to not have to drive in Manhattan and the stay would be less than the cost of parking.  Has this changed?

Thanks

Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, both in Ridgefield Park, NJ not far from the GW bridge have offered stay/park/cruise packages in the past that include shuttle service to and from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Check with them to see if they still do. Fairfield Inn in North Bergen has also offered this type of package.

• Thanks 1