Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

12 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Hey, I like that better than mine! Mine has batteries, and if they don’t sit just right in the suitcase, I have to readjust the position of batteries, which are these little round disks. I may order that one! Thanks! 

This is like our old one that finally gave it up so we bought one of the digital ones and I'm going back to the old style.  We have to take the batteries out or it gets up next to something and runs the batteries down.  I've cussed the digital one every time I use it.

Greg...I'm following you and just wanted to let you know that I find your information so helpful and it always fits my style of travel...cheap and easy!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

This is like our old one that finally gave it up so we bought one of the digital ones and I'm going back to the old style.  We have to take the batteries out or it gets up next to something and runs the batteries down.  I've cussed the digital one every time I use it.

Greg...I'm following you and just wanted to let you know that I find your information so helpful and it always fits my style of travel...cheap and easy!!

Thanks! 

On the batteries being run down you may try putting them in the wrong way when you aren’t using it. That way it won’t accidentally get turned on.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm wondering how you guys feel about locking suitcases. I always leave mine unlocked in case port security wants to look at something. Now we're adding airport people in as well. What do you think? Lock or no lock?

I always use TSA locks.  They sometimes come in handy when staying at a pre-cruise hotel that doesn't have a safe.  I figure they also keep someone from stashing contraband "in" my suitcase.  The only thing to remember is to bring along an extra.  We had one to go missing after a flight.  I don't know...they always make me feel a  little better, but we all know that if someone wants to get in your luggage, it's a simple feat.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indygirl76 said:

I always lock mine, using TSA locks. Airport staff can open those, and I would think port (vs Carnival) staff can too. Carnival staff can call me to the "naughty room" if necessary, but that's never happened. 

I lock my luggage with TSA locks when flying and also thought that cruise staff would be able to unlock them (not realizing that some cruise lines ask for your luggage to be unlocked). Well, on an NCL cruise last year, my bag was late being delivered to the cabin. When it was, the lock was missing (obviously had been broken into), and the contents of my bag were in total disarray.  I had an aluminum tumbler in that bag which I believe may have been mistaken as contraband.  One would think that they would call me to the naughty room instead of breaking in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I actually got right off Cruise Critic this morning, and ordered one just like Greg’s! 😎

• Like 1

[  I use zip ties.  Easy to cut off by security, if needed.  I can also tell if someone has been in my suitcase. ]

This.  I also keep a baggy of extra ones in a side pocket of my suitcase, along with a toenail clipper which I use to cut them off.  Have never had any issues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

[  I use zip ties.  Easy to cut off by security, if needed.  I can also tell if someone has been in my suitcase. ]

This.  I also keep a baggy of extra ones in a side pocket of my suitcase, along with a toenail clipper which I use to cut them off.  Have never had any issues.

I was wondering how that would work. I’m not bringing scissors or knives or anything. Nail clippers I am bringing.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I was wondering how that would work. I’m not bringing scissors or knives or anything. Nail clippers I am bringing.

I always put my cruise tags on my bag the morning of, and I just use the slide out 'clean under nail pointy thing' on the nail clippers to punch a hole in the folded luggage tag and then use a cable tie to connect to my bag.  Multipurpose  :)

• Like 1

A bit of a scare here I was just packing my new backpack. Finding the right spots for sensitive items like my passport, cash, gift cards, etc.

If you remember the end of my glory cruise I had that $100 chip and I was afraid of losing it between cruises. Well I have a special zip pocket where I keep a passport card which is my backup if something happens to my passport. So I thought the safest place to put that chip would be in the sleeve with my passport card. Recently I purchased a CCL gift card to apply to my account. I put it in the sleeve as well.

Just now I was putting the sleeve in my new backpack. I begin inventorying the items within the sleeve. Chip Is there. Gift card is there. Passport card...not there.

After I regained consciousness I went back to look at my old backpack and found the passport card was actually in a sleeve within the sleeve and the sleeve the passport card was in was still in the zip pocket of the old backpack...false alarm.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

A bit of a scare here I was just packing my new backpack. Finding the right spots for sensitive items like my passport, cash, gift cards, etc.

If you remember the end of my glory cruise I had that $100 chip and I was afraid of losing it between cruises. Well I have a special zip pocket where I keep a passport card which is my backup if something happens to my passport. So I thought the safest place to put that chip would be in the sleeve with my passport card. Recently I purchased a CCL gift card to apply to my account. I put it in the sleeve as well.

Just now I was putting the sleeve in my new backpack. I begin inventorying the items within the sleeve. Chip Is there. Gift card is there. Passport card...not there.

After I regained consciousness I went back to look at my old backpack and found the passport card was actually in a sleeve within the sleeve and the sleeve the passport card was in was still in the zip pocket of the old backpack...false alarm.

Phew. That would get the old heart beat to increasing! Glad you found it. 

• Like 1

Greg, I was thinking about you going to a store to pick up some items once you get to your hotel and I remembered something I read recently where somebody had ordered something from Amazon at the last minute and knew it wouldn't arrive on time at their home.  So they just had it sent to an Amazon locker close to their hotel for easy pick up.  I thought that was a great idea.  I hope I can remember to do that when I need that service...getting old and forgetting good tips I have read!?! 🤔

When do you head out for your flight?  I'm so jealous! 🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I actually got right off Cruise Critic this morning, and ordered one just like Greg’s! 😎

I am going to order one too.  I can't deal with that digital thing.  And I had such high hopes for it since it was so small.

Greg should get a commission off of the items he orders from Amazon and tells us about!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Greg, I was thinking about you going to a store to pick up some items once you get to your hotel and I remembered something I read recently where somebody had ordered something from Amazon at the last minute and knew it wouldn't arrive on time at their home.  So they just had it sent to an Amazon locker close to their hotel for easy pick up.  I thought that was a great idea.  I hope I can remember to do that when I need that service...getting old and forgetting good tips I have read!?! 🤔

When do you head out for your flight?  I'm so jealous! 🤩

Flying out on Saturday. Embarkation is Sunday. It’s going to come up fast though. Tomorrow is thanksgiving. Friday I have to finish some things up at work then a high school playoff game. Then Saturday I leave and there’s college football I want to watch before the flight. That’s why I needed to get my packing done tonight. This is really my last free time before I fly out.

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2930918d525ca601cf00

Today I am thankful for this second consecutive Saintsgiving which allows me to cruise next week.

In the event there are any Atlanta fans around here I feel obligated for to point out the fact that we’re playing on the 28th and it’s the 3rd game of the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I actually bring blunt end kid's scissors.  They aren't the sharpest tool, but will cut zip ties.I always have nail clippers on me, but don't want to dull the edges by using on the zip ties.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful for this second consecutive Saintsgiving which allows me to cruise next week.

In the event there are any Atlanta fans around here I feel obligated for to point out the fact that we’re playing on the 28th and it’s the 3rd game of the day.

Happy Thanksgiving! Only a couple days now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not a Falcon fan but didn't they (or Atlanta) play once already this year? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though the Falcons suck, I still hope they beat ya''ll again...