Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

Los Angeles? No. Las Vegas? No. Actually I'm in Las Colinas.

Technically Irving but practically Las Colinas. I'm flying out of DFW airport this afternoon. This is one of the eastern most In-N-Out Burgers in existence. They have about 20 locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The reason they haven't expanded further is everything here is fresh and any further east would be too far from their distribution centers. They also refuse to sell franchises.

They are serious about the quality of their food here. One day at lunch time I pulled into this location and was stopped in the parking lot by an employee who informed me they were closed because the food quality wasn't up to their standards. I appreciated them not selling me a substandard product and had no problem driving an extra five miles to their next closest store.

The employees here rival Chick-Fil-A for the friendliest fast food employees I've ever encountered. Maybe it's because their minimum wage is $12. 

• Like 1

This is a double double meal which is double meat, double cheese. It's a pretty basic menu here but what they do, they do well. Their ketchup could use some work though.

So for the same price of a Big Mac meal I can get a better quality and better service from people who are making better money. And oh by the way, this store makes almost double what a McDonald's makes. I'll sign up for that.

I have to admit. I am an In-N-Out Burger fan.

F3153E2A-A746-4401-9163-8C57384B3C5E.jpeg

• Like 5

I’d love to try In-N-Out. Sadly I’m way too far to the east. Those prices are crazy low (especially when compared to Five Guys.....which I’ve stopped going to because their prices are ridiculous). What is “animal style” that I hear of at In-N-Out?

Also.....do you have a never ending supply of your ketchup? 😀

Edited by blarko

11 minutes ago, blarko said:

I’d love to try In-N-Out. Sadly I’m way too far to the east. Those prices are crazy low (especially when compared to Five Guys.....which I’ve stopped going to because their prices are ridiculous). What is “animal style” that I hear of at In-N-Out?

Also.....do you have a never ending supply of your ketchup? 😀

Animal style is a thing where they put there secret sauce on the fries. I’ve never seen anyone order it around here so I don’t know if they do it or not. I’ve had it that way in Vegas.

They frequently  give me 2 or 3 ketchups at Whataburger when I only need 1 or 2.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

The first time I ate at In-N-Out was in Vegas. A group of eight of us had just arrived. We had two rental cars but one wasn’t going to be ready for an hour. Everyone wanted to eat so we squeezed into one car. To accomplish this we folded the back seat down..I was the lucky one who got in first. My body was in the trunk with my head looking out the back window.

At one stop light these girls in the car behind were laughing and offering me a seat in their car but I wasn’t able to get anyone to pop the trunk and let me out.

Then a cop pulled up behind us and I had to go fully in the the trunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m parking at a facility called all covered parking.. Last time I flew out of here..probably 10 years ago I used park n fly....which is the name brand place like this. I guess this one is the CVS/Walgreens brand parking lot.

I have this spot from 12am this morning until 12am on the 8th. It cost me $43.  Park n fly wanted over $100.

For some reason booking online would’ve added a $5 service fee. I used the spot hero app.

It says pull in and call a number for the shuttle. I called they said it would be 10 minutes.

I called at 1:20 and the shuttle was here at 1:30. It’s me and one other guy. 5 minutes for both of us to check in and we are rolling. I don’t think there’s any ac running on this shuttle which may sound weird this time of year, but it’s warm in here. Should be a short ride.