Cruising from Europe 2021

klfrodo

I generally book between 12 to 6 months out. You are coming in to the summer. It's more about choice of accommodation opposed to the price. So if your budget is $100 per night per room you will have a lot more choice the further you book out.

You want to stay in very popular location which are not really impacted by seaso. The prices generally do not get cheaper, just less choices.

though I would say mid-week prices would be cheaper than weekend prices. So if your route is not set in stone I would compare weekend prices of each location and start planning your stay with this in mind.

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Doing about 2 weeks pre-cruise around Europe.

When would you start making hotel or B&B reservations for the mid to late June timeframe?

We're talking London, Paris, Barcelona and in between.

Really depends on where you want to stay. And you're talking about "high season." 

Better to best properties in major cosmopolitan cities may book solid 6 months (or more) in advance for high season. Our favorite small property in Rome usually requires reservations a year ahead.

Thanks to those who have replied.

If it was just my wife and I, I would just use up all my Marriott points. Sitting on a few hundred thousand. However, we are bringing our 16yo granddaughter who we only see every other year or so. Since we have that sense of unfamiliarity and she's a growing young lady, I was thinking along the lines of doing B&B's this trip so she could have some privacy.

2 hours ago, kerryincork said:

I generally book between 12 to 6 months out. You are coming in to the summer. It's more about choice of accommodation opposed to the price. So if your budget is $100 per night per room you will have a lot more choice the further you book out.

You want to stay in very popular location which are not really impacted by seaso. The prices generally do not get cheaper, just less choices.

though I would say mid-week prices would be cheaper than weekend prices. So if your route is not set in stone I would compare weekend prices of each location and start planning your stay with this in mind.

This is so true. I go to London regularly and if you dont book well in advance the prices go through the roof. I suppose its supply and demand, but even the cheaper well known chains get ridiculously expensive a few weeks out.

And believe me the very cheap hotels in London are not nice.

Book as early as you can.

If you leave it too late expect to pay over £150  a Night for even a travelodge.

I am in Glasgow just now staying in a premier inn. My firm booked the hotel really late at £79 a night. Three weeks ago the rate was £52.

But even at those rates a premier inn in central london would be nearer £200 a night if left this late.

As you are talking about June 2021 then you have time to do a few dummy bookings.  Have a look between now and new year and see how prices behave for a June 2020 visit.  Keep a note of the prices and then continue to  check closer to June 2020.  Watch how the trend goes upwards!

12 months out will be the earliest you can put a firm booking down, but a lot of them will be cancellable so you will be able to make a booking from August/September 2020 and change if you find a better offer later on.

18 hours ago, DarrenM said:

This is so true. I go to London regularly and if you dont book well in advance the prices go through the roof. I suppose its supply and demand, but even the cheaper well known chains get ridiculously expensive a few weeks out.

And believe me the very cheap hotels in London are not nice.

Book as early as you can.

I'm not sure if they qualify as very cheap, but in our very limited time in London, last year, we grew to really appreciate the Premier Inns after staying at 2 different ones.