Bringing yogurt on board

swifty

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

I would be more worried about the temp in the refrigerator and potentially spoiling it. Sometimes it doesn't get very cold with out ice in it.

I don't think that's a problem with yogurt. My mother had a container of yogurt in their motorhome and forgot about it for several months. She found it when she was looking for something to eat and it was fine.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I don't think that's a problem with yogurt. My mother had a container of yogurt in their motorhome and forgot about it for several months. She found it when she was looking for something to eat and it was fine.

The amount of preservatives that had to be in that yogurt in order for it to still be edible after several months makes me wonder if "fine" is the right word lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

The amount of preservatives that had to be in that yogurt in order for it to still be edible after several months makes me wonder if "fine" is the right word lol

Especially if the fridge had been turned off during that time.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 6:18 PM, Coral said:

I would be more worried about the temp in the refrigerator and potentially spoiling it.

Some comedian -- Gallager, I think -- said that yogurt doesn't become yogurt until it's spoiled.  LOL!

On 12/1/2019 at 12:47 AM, caribill said:

As I remember it, you can eat a shmoo and it would be quite tastely.

The Shmoo was a lovable bowling pin-shaped whiskered creature. The Shmoo yielded milk, eggs, cheesecake, and just about anything else you might desire. Shmoo meat when roasted was pork, when broiled it was steak, and when fried it was chicken. The eyes of a Shmoo made good suspender buttons and its whiskers made fine toothpicks. The skin when cut thin served as high quality cloth; cut thick it was leather, and cut in strips it became boards for housing.

During the Soviet Union's blockade of West Berlin, Germany in 1948, candy-filled Shmoos were air-dropped to hungry West Berliners from transport planes by America's 17th Military Airport Squadron. The commanders of the Berlin airlift had cabled Capp, requesting the inflatable Shmoos as part of Operation: Little Vittles. "When the candy-chocked Shmoos were dropped, a near-riot resulted...." (Reported in Newsweek—11 October 1948)

ShmooV2.thumb.jpg.00b6aeb3d74d96b71230773f91ff958e.jpg

• Like 1