hangers?

RAS4331

Just now, RAS4331 said:

Newbie question - I assume there is at least a little closet space in the cabins.  Are hangers provided, or should I bring some in my suitcase?  I'll be sailing on the Zuiderdam. 

Thank you.

The close space isn't that "little", and yes, there are hangers.  If you need more, just ask your room steward.

Just now, RAS4331 said:

Newbie question - I assume there is at least a little closet space in the cabins.  Are hangers provided, or should I bring some in my suitcase?  I'll be sailing on the Zuiderdam. 

Thank you.

Yes, there are hangers - nice ones - wooden and few of the soft ones for delicate garments, usually.

If you need more, just ask your steward.  

No need to bring any hangers IMO.

7 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

But make sure you don't have wire hangers ...   😱

IMO those could only be left by passengers who kept the hangers after the laundry service (like we often do 🙂 ). So will be extra in the cupboard.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I do not pack lightly and have always had plenty of hangers.

The wire hangers that we get when the laundry is sent back -- I just place on the bed for the cabin stewards to return to the laundry room.

I have done this too as we end up with way too many hangers!

18 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I do not pack lightly and have always had plenty of hangers.

The wire hangers that we get when the laundry is sent back -- I just place on the bed for the cabin stewards to return to the laundry room.

Of course we send back the ones we do not need. But I do not pack lightly either and especially when I cruise with a daughter....... 😉 we can use a few extra once in a while 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, RAS4331 said:

Thank you.

Mine secretly multiplied at night, or so it seemed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Funatabi said:

But mommy, I like wire hangers because they are skinnier and I can fit more hangers across the closet. Can one ask cabin stewards for wire hangers too? 

Yes, it happened that they were out of extra wooden hangers and brought wire hangers instead. Perfect for a serie of blouses, shirts etc. It seems we never have enough (quite a lot of hangers are in the cupboards, but....) LOL.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, cat shepard said:

Mine secretly multiplied at night, or so it seemed.

See Avram Davidson's Hugo-winning short story "Or All the Seas with Oysters", in which it was more than "seemed".

Edited by Wehwalt

I have heard of cruisers telling the stewards to remove the wooden hangers because the wooden one's take up more space. With wire ones they bring themselves, they can fit/hang more. I will see what I can manage to do with hangers when I get onboard. 

On 12/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Funatabi said:

I have heard of cruisers telling the stewards to remove the wooden hangers because the wooden one's take up more space. With wire ones they bring themselves, they can fit/hang more. I will see what I can manage to do with hangers when I get onboard. 

If you prefer the wire hangers in order to fit more clothing in the closet, just ask the steward to bring some to you.  They have a huge supply of wire hangers.  No need to bring your own.  Saves space in your luggage.

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If you prefer the wire hangers in order to fit more clothing in the closet, just ask the steward to bring some to you.  They have a huge supply of wire hangers.  No need to bring your own.  Saves space in your luggage.

Thanks for the information. That's what I will plan to do. For sure, I don't want to fill up suitcases with hangers, when I don't have enough room for clothes even. 😬

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, StLouisCruisers said:

I can only speak for the Nieuw Statendam when I say that wire hangers are gone.  My Behind the Scenes tour of the Laundry found not a single wire hanger in the entire laundry.

A major issue with only wooden hangers from the laundry is the accumulated wooden hangers now fill one of my closets.