Internet simply to do Southwest check-in on last cruise day?

brianosaur

3 hours ago, coevan said:

download your boarding pass to your phone, we always do

yes that part is true. You don't even need to do that part. We always just go to the SW kiosk in the airport.

How does OP get checked in the day before though.

buying the 24 hour internet service is probably the best answer unless you can get someone from home to check you in. Sometimes when my son is not traveling with us he will check us in saving the earlybird fee.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, brianosaur said:

Is there a bare minimum internet plan that I would use only to check into my flight on the last day of my cruise?

Will be on the Breeze this Saturday, and the last day is a Sea Day.

I never really use internet onboard, as I usually try to *unplug* while away ...but that's just me.

Occasionally I have used port wifi or my included data/text plan with Tmobile while at port.

I know you can pre-pay for the Value Internet Plan for $6.80/day (+15% onboard) but Carnival wants you to sign up for the whole cruise if you do it before you sail.

Can you pay for only 24 hours on the ship?  Or like 15 minutes?

I really only need like 5 minutes to check in 24 hrs before my flight leaves. 

Tnx

I usually get the Early Bird Check In, where Southwest checks you in, and gives you the A zone for boarding. Great for when you need to get off quick to make connections. Yes, there is a fee involved, but it relieves me of worrying about checking in early enough to get a good boarding zone, or buying the internet only to check in. 

Southwest is my favorite airline.  I always add the early bird so I can board in group A.  If I need to check bags, they are free.  The seats are 1000% more comfortable than the budget airlines.  As far as the other airlines, I have to pay for checked bags.   

I've had some negative experiences with Delta, United, and American.  I know that can happen with Southwest, but so far all of my Southwest flights have arrived on time or early.  With Southwest, I haven't been stuck staying the night in a different city or having to drive my son to Houston to catch a connecting flight out of the country because of a cancelled flight. The list goes on and on.

Anyway, I love Southwest.  The seats are comfortable. No baggage fees.  No charge to change a ticket.  Early bird gets me a good seat.  There are no negatives in my opinion.

As far as a boarding pass, I would use early bird for the automatic check in or ask someone in the internet area if I could please check in for my flight.  I always get the internet and would have no problem if someone asked that of me.

Edited by TNcruising02

On 12/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, GradUT said:

Do you have a friend or relative who would be willing to check in for you?  That’s what we do (and we have an awesome daughter  that always checks us in exactly 24 hours in advance so that we get a primo boarding slot.) 

Good idea. Or make friends on the cruise  that have an internet package and use theirs

OK, so if I'm understanding this right, if we go to Guest Services, and they are NOT very busy, they might  print up our boarding pass or get us check in on SWA?  That would be nice, even if it was the "B" section.  I remember when Carnival used to take care of our luggage for $20, and we didn't see it until we got to our home airport. Really nice and worth the money.

I flew my first trip as a passenger on southwest this last week. Not a fan but I know man people are. I'll take Delta any day over SWA. I was worried about not being able to check into my flight so I opted to purchase early bird on SWA which automatically checks you in 36 hours before the flight. Once we got off the Breeze I logged into the app and boom we had A34/35. 

This may not work for you, OP, but I know a couple people who fly a few times a year and never buy early bird check in. Sometimes they check in at 24 hours, sometimes a little closer to the flight. If they are content with their boarding position, they don’t spend anything extra. If they feel they’re boarding too late to stay with their groups, they upgrade to A1-A15 at the gate. They feel, overall, they save money, since they don’t usually need to upgrade. I think those spots can technically sell out, but it’s rare that they’re all gone. 

1 hour ago, GradUT said:

3.  Pay for 24-hours of internet service.  You will probably need the Premium option which costs $25 for 24 hours.

The OP shouldn't need premium Internet access.  "Most popular airline sites" are specifically listed as available under the Value plan, which is $16 per 24 hours.  Source:  https://www.carnival.com/help/1152 .

NOW we can put this topic to bed.

• Like 1

Especially while cruising-- I get the EB seats for the return.   There is 5 of us.   I dont want to commit myself to watching to clock that last sea day to check in.  (southwest every second counts)   

On 12/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

The OP shouldn't need premium Internet access.  "Most popular airline sites" are specifically listed as available under the Value plan, which is $16 per 24 hours.  Source:  https://www.carnival.com/help/1152 .

NOW we can put this topic to bed.

And that was posted on page 1, post#7.