An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

In the 16+ Solarium area, are those pools or hot tubs?  Or both?  I couldn't tell by the photos. ( No fault of yours!) Thank you for this photo review.  We are booked for 5/31 out of NJ.  Can't wait!  You're pictures are amazing!

Thank you so much for these amazing pics.

We are sailing in March on this beauty!  Do you have pics of the Adventure Ocean area?  They really did a fantastic renovation, so I am very keen to show it to my kids!  Getting them excited about going to AO means more time for the adults to enjoy!!

Kind regards!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mompells said:

In the 16+ Solarium area, are those pools or hot tubs?  Or both?  I couldn't tell by the photos. ( No fault of yours!) Thank you for this photo review.  We are booked for 5/31 out of NJ.  Can't wait!  You're pictures are amazing!

There are both hot tubs and one pool.  The main pool is round in shape and not a pool like the ones outside on the pool deck.  It's not a lap pool or for "swimming" exactly. It's more for sitting in water that isn't heated like a hot tub. 

This is the pool in the center of the Solarium:

oa_sol-43.jpg

The hot tubs are on port or starboard.  Pool far left (same pool in the photo above), hot tub to the right.

oa_sol-32.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, airbus_guy said:

Thank you so much for these amazing pics.

We are sailing in March on this beauty!  Do you have pics of the Adventure Ocean area?  They really did a fantastic renovation, so I am very keen to show it to my kids!  Getting them excited about going to AO means more time for the adults to enjoy!!

Kind regards!!!

My kids are grown up so no AO pictures.  I tend to avoid walking into AO trying to take pictures because it's weird for someone without kids to go in there and start taking pictures of a kids play area, at least in my mind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, twangster said:

This area is closed until 9':30am.  It's right above the new cabins on deck 14.  I think they are trying to let people sleep in to avoid the chair scraping noises as guests inevitably rearrange loungers to suit their needs.

oa_sol-14.jpg

Thanks for reporting on this.  I booked my in-laws in one of the new cabins beneath this area prior to knowing that it was going to be an outdoor deck and when I saw the chairs, I was concerned that they would be set up at 6 am every morning.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm saddened to see how much of Music Hall is now inaccessible to the mobility impaired.  

I often travel with a paraplegic friend in a wheelchair, and all the raised alcoves and the seating along each side are simply not accessible anymore. 

It doesn't appear that the tiny bit of same-level seating is reserved for the mobility-impaired, either, so it will be filled up with "groupies" that want to be right by the band every night.

Shame on Royal's architecture/design team.  Pretty is pointless if it's not also functional.

I fully agree with you.

Based on the picture it also looks like the interior of playmakers is only accessible if you can do those two steps.

oa_pm-3.jpg

It looks to me like the handrails already extend beyond the steps a bit, I am betting that they could have put a ramp in to cover that height with an acceptable slope if it just went to the end of the rails. Even if there is another entrance with a ramp, these steps seem so unnecessary and as a (part time) wheelchair user it irks me not to be able to use the same entrance as everyone else.

2 hours ago, macwheelz93 said:

I fully agree with you.

Based on the picture it also looks like the interior of playmakers is only accessible if you can do those two steps.

oa_pm-3.jpg

It looks to me like the handrails already extend beyond the steps a bit, I am betting that they could have put a ramp in to cover that height with an acceptable slope if it just went to the end of the rails. Even if there is another entrance with a ramp, these steps seem so unnecessary and as a (part time) wheelchair user it irks me not to be able to use the same entrance as everyone else.

On Symphony, you have to enter the arcade (on the side of Playmakers) and then go through that to get to the ramp into Playmakers, then go all the way through the seating to get to the bar area.

Didn't really matter how you got inside, though, because even with only two people in the entire place, it still took the staff twenty minutes to approach us (looked at us a bazillion times, but took forever to ask if we wanted/needed anything, in spite of the fact that we were looking around for service!), and then they couldn't even make a margarita.  ("We don't have a blender in this bar..."  Can you make it on the rocks?  "We can try....."  They brought me LEMONADE!)

I know some people adore Playmakers, but I was decidedly underwhelmed... and I'm a pretty Loyal-to-Royal kinda cruiser!

3 hours ago, macwheelz93 said:

In this picture you can see one of the accessible entrances to Playmakers. Straight out the ramp to deck 8 towards the Aqua Theater.

oa_pm-14.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

No word when that might change.

In another thread I quoted someone from the Excalibur team which is developing the RCI app who mentioned that testing will continue "for a couple of more months" and then they'll likely flip the switch for all ships at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

More to come... I'm on a cruise 🙂  

Once I have some time to go through more pictures I'll post some more, maybe now that we are into some sea days.

Thank you for sharing these great pictures!  My family and I will be sailing on Oasis when she comes to NJ. If possible, can you please post pictures of the new teen club? My DS would greatly appreciate it. Enjoy!

The new Diamond Club located on deck 4.

oa_dl-1.jpg

The brand new lounge is fresh with modern decor.  It's actually a really nice space.

oa_dl-7.jpg

oa_dl-2.jpg

oa_dl-3.jpg

oa_dl-4.jpg

oa_dl-5.jpg

The club includes two workstations and a printer.  The new Oasis doesn't currently have an internet lounge or computer area in any public place on the ship.  For Diamond and above members this will be the place to print those boarding passes. 

oa_dl-6.jpg

oa_dl-8.jpg

Water is available throughout the day.

oa_dl-9.jpg

The popular specialty coffee maker is available in the new lounge.

oa_dl-10.jpg

Like Harmony and Symphony the Diamond Concierge has their desk near the entrance.

oa_dl-11.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they do away with the couple of small rooms that they had on some of the passenger decks near the forward elevators?

It appears so.  We were talking about it at the Trellis Bar one night.  Our bartender called down to guest services and asked where the internet lounge is now.  The response came back "there isn't one".

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

It appears so.  We were talking about it at the Trellis Bar one night.  Our bartender called down to guest services and asked where the internet lounge is now.  The response came back "there isn't one".

Interesting.  I just looked at the deck plans thinking that they may have  added cabins but that’s not the case.  They used to be on 7, 9 and 14

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The reason I ventured into the arcade above was to find my way into the teen club, Social 298.

Out of respect I waited until turn around day so as to avoid running into any teens or interfering with the use of their space.

Honestly it took me a couple of laps around deck 15 aft to find the entrance.  Maybe that's a sign of my age but I eventually came across this mysterious door in the back of the arcade.

oa_soc298-1.jpg

They had the various monitors off on this turn around morning so you don't get the full effect.

oa_soc298-2.jpg

oa_soc298-3.jpg

oa_soc298-4.jpg

oa_soc298-5.jpg

oa_soc298-6.jpg

oa_soc298-7.jpg

Social 298 has its own outdoor space on the aft near the sports deck area.

oa_soc298-8.jpg

oa_soc298-9.jpg

oa_soc298-10.jpg

oa_soc298-11.jpg

oa_soc298-12.jpg

oa_soc298-13.jpg

oa_soc298-14.jpg

The outdoor space for Social 298 is in the middle between port and starboard near where you can sit and look over the boardwalk to the left in this picture.

oa_soc298-15.jpg

From the starboard side:

oa_soc298-16.jpg

It looks like a nice space to hangout but before I say anymore and cause eyerolls across the nation I'll quit here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Adventure Ocean.  

In the interest of full disclosure my kids are all grown up so my so these pictures are the extent of my awareness or knowledge of Adventure Ocean.

oa_ao-1.jpg

oa_ao-17.jpg

oa_ao-2.jpg

Down the hall to the right is AO Babies, ages 6 - 36 months.

oa_ao-3.jpg

oa_ao-15.jpg

oa_ao-16.jpg

On the other side of the hall is AO Junior, ages 3-5.

oa_ao-4.jpg

oa_ao-14.jpg

The AO Theater 

oa_ao-5.jpg

oa_ao-12.jpg

oa_ao-13.jpg

The play area around the corner had a number of workers adding some new items so I took this picture around the areas where they were working.

oa_ao-6.jpg

Down the hall is the workshop and hangout areas.

oa_ao-7.jpg

Hangout first for ages 6-12.

oa_ao-8.jpg

Workshop area.

oa_ao-9.jpg

oa_ao-10.jpg

oa_ao-11.jpg

• Like 1

A huge change for Oasis of the Seas is the addition of the Perfect Storm water slides.

oa_slides-6.jpg

oa_slides-1.jpg

oa_slides-2.jpg

oa_slides-3.jpg

The entrance and stairs for all three slides is on deck 15 port side.

oa_slides-13.jpg

oa_slides-4.jpg

oa_slides-5.jpg

oa_slides-7.jpg

oa_slides-8.jpg

oa_slides-9.jpg

oa_slides-10.jpg

oa_slides-11.jpg

oa_slides-12.jpg

oa_slides-14.jpg

oa_slides-15.jpg

oa_slides-16.jpg

The slides are a lot of fun and they've been open even on port days when there are no lines and you can slide and slide again.

oa_slides-17.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3