An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

11 hours ago, Pizzaeater! said:

Thank you. I remember it in it's glory on Allure but not Harmony. Maybe they didn't build it to work on Harmony and Symphony.

I can’t remember- what was the reason they don’t have the water on Harmony and Symphony?  I feel like I read the answer somewhere, but forgot 😞

19 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

OK I have to ask, when are you taking these pics??? They are gorgeous, but it is crazy that so many of them have no people in them.

I've always wondered the same thing.  Not only are there no people in the pics but I don't even see one towel reserving a pool chair!!

I think he photoshops them out!! 🤣

• Haha 3

If I remember correctly, Twangster is an early riser and will take many pictures before anyone else is awake.  That could explain the empty night time pictures.  I think he also said that he took some turnaround day pictures of the kids/teen club area.  Sometimes, it's probably just patience...waiting seconds (or even minutes?) for people to clear out of the shot before pressing the shutter button. 

• Like 5

These pictures are amazing!!  Thank you @twangster!  I am so much more enthused about boarding the Oasis in March!!  3 more months to go!!!  

I have been sharing some of them with my group, and all of our jaws are just dropping at how nice the Amplification/makeover has been!

• Like 1

The Bionic Bar

New to Oasis this robot driven bar was first introduced on Quantum class and later appeared on newer Oasis class ships.  R.I.P Champagne Bar that used to be located in this space.

oa_bionic-2.jpg

oa_bionic-1.jpg

oa_bionic-3.jpg

oa_bionic-4.jpg

oa_bionic-5.jpg

oa_bionic-6.jpg

oa_bionic-7.jpg

oa_bionic-8.jpg

oa_bionic-9.jpg

oa_bionic-10.jpg

oa_bionic-11.jpg

If you purchase the deluxe beverage package it does include the Bionic Bar.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sugar Beach

First appearing on Symphony of the Seas, now on the newly amplificated Oasis of the Seas.

oa_sugarb-2.jpg

oa_sugarb-1.jpg

oa_sugarb-4.jpg

oa_sugarb-5.jpg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream...

oa_sugarb-7.jpg

oa_sugarb-8.jpg

oa_sugarb-9.jpg

oa_sugarb-3.jpg

Some toppings for your ice cream if you want.

oa_sugarb-13.jpg

You can order ice cream from the take out window directly on the boardwalk.

oa_sugarb-14.jpg

oa_sugarb-10.jpg

Candy is priced at $0.93 per ounce.  Take a bag and fill it with whatever tickles your sugar bone.  

oa_sugarb-6.jpg

oa_sugarb-11.jpg

oa_sugarb-12.jpg

Sugar Beach is a natural addition to a boardwalk.

oa_sugarb-15.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

What were the cupcakes and cake for? Just because? We didn't have anything like that when we sailed on Explorer a few weeks ago.

It's listed in the Cruise Compass as "The Big Family Festival on the Boardwalk".  It's a Boardwalk thing.  

• Like 1

Aqua80

The new Aqua show is a big hit and very well done.  It's a perfect mix of great music, water action and diving.

What really makes this show is the music and if you are familiar with the Back to The Future movies you'll feel right at home with the opening song and hoverboard action.

oa_aqua-9.jpg

oa_aqua-1.jpg

oa_aqua-2.jpg

oa_aqua-3.jpg

oa_aqua-4.jpg

There are still some very artistic pieces but set to music of the 80's it's a good mix.

oa_aqua-5.jpg

oa_aqua-6.jpg

Of course they have some slack line action...

oa_aqua-16.jpg

oa_aqua-7.jpg

As well as some high wire thrills...

oa_aqua-8.jpg

With lots of core diving skills.

oa_aqua-12.jpg

oa_aqua-13.jpg

oa_aqua-14.jpg

oa_aqua-15.jpg

oa_aqua-17.jpg

oa_aqua-10.jpg

All in all a very good show you'll want to see more than once.

oa_aqua-18.jpg

Edited by twangster

One Sky

This is a new Royal Caribbean original production.  I found this an interesting show although I did struggle with the flow of the show at times or how it relates to the sky, or one sky.  So I just looked at each segment on it's own without worrying about the overall message.

oa_1sky-1.jpg

oa_1sky-2.jpg

oa_1sky-3.jpg

oa_1sky-4.jpg

oa_1sky-5.jpg

oa_1sky-6.jpg

oa_1sky-7.jpg

oa_1sky-8.jpg

oa_1sky-9.jpg

oa_1sky-10.jpg

oa_1sky-11.jpg

oa_1sky-12.jpg

oa_1sky-13.jpg

oa_1sky-14.jpg

oa_1sky-15.jpg

Strong vocals and enjoyable as long as you are not expecting a story with a distinct beginning, middle and ending.

oa_1sky-16.jpg

oa_1sky-17.jpg

oa_1sky-18.jpg

• Like 1

Cats

I attended Cats on my last Oasis cruise so I didn't see it again this time around.  Previously it was a 2 hour show with a 30 minute intermission.  My understanding is that they've revised that to a 90 minute show without an intermission.

First time on Oasis was July 2012, I remember telling my husband and kids I would meet them at Champagne Bar before dinner because I got ready before them, so they had free (yes free) caviar station with toast, chopped eggs, onions, capers, I would get a glass of champagne and make myself a plate while waiting for my fam. I discovered this the first night and it became my happy place every night before dinner. Needless to say, two years later there was no more free caviar station but I always loved stopping at Champagne Bar for my “me time “😃

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

I can’t remember- what was the reason they don’t have the water on Harmony and Symphony?  I feel like I read the answer somewhere, but forgot 😞

On 12/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, John&LaLa said:

Probably the noise😉

Yes, we were told it was not installed because the noise interfered with Guest Services.