Grinch onboard Coral Princess!

Wickets

After 23 cruises, the Grinch has finally struck and stolen our door decoration.  I was nice seeing all of the decorated doors around the ship early in the cruise.  My wife spent hours making a very nice embodered Xmas tree with lights for our door.  This morning when we got up it had been stolen.  In talking to room Stewart, we are not the only ones even in our small section of the ship. We have since heard that this has been very common in talking to guest relations and other passengers.

This very disappointing, hopefully someone will turn these items in and we will be able to claim from lost and found

• Like 1

Isn't there cameras in the hallway that they can catch the thief?  Really...how terrible...at Christmas no less.  They are probably going to regift them to someone.  They should be caught and thrown off the ship at the next port.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Isn't there cameras in the hallway that they can catch the thief?  Really...how terrible...at Christmas no less.  They are probably going to regift them to someone.  They should be caught and thrown off the ship at the next port.

I totally agree with you. They should be thrown off the ship. Some people have NO CLASS!!! 😡

Tony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wickets said:

After 23 cruises, the Grinch has finally struck and stolen our door decoration.  I was nice seeing all of the decorated doors around the ship early in the cruise.

My door decorations on Emerald were stolen a few years ago.

It was stuff from the dollar store, so it didn't make much sense.

Now, I simply don't bother.

A couple years ago, there was a thread 'what kind of people will I meet on my princess cruise?'

This thread should probably be merged...

• Like 2

It could have been kids trying to be funny and putting the decorations on other people's doors.  We have had our job signs taken and moved to another address.  Cops said kids do this stuff all the time as a form of entertainment.  Parents on the ship should be responsible for their kids just the same.  That is, if it was kids.  I would push for the ship to look at the cameras and catch the culprit(s) and post their pictures around the ship.  

• Like 2

We did a transatlantic on the Crown a few years ago, I had a a large a3 map colour printed of our route printed before leaving home. We had a magnetic Crown Princess ship we moved each day to show our route.  It was stolen b3fore we reached the Azores. I stuck a post it note on the map saying  thanks for stealing our magnet. Did get a few notes from neighbours saying how mean people can be. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wickets said:

After 23 cruises, the Grinch has finally struck and stolen our door decoration.  I was nice seeing all of the decorated doors around the ship early in the cruise.  My wife spent hours making a very nice embodered Xmas tree with lights for our door.  This morning when we got up it had been stolen.  In talking to room Stewart, we are not the only ones even in our small section of the ship. We have since heard that this has been very common in talking to guest relations and other passengers.

This very disappointing, hopefully someone will turn these items in and we will be able to claim from lost and found

I'm very sorry this happened to you. 

I know that there are those who believe that door decorations are a fire hazard (my retired arson investigator hubby laughs at that). I am hoping that your decoration and the others was "confiscated" by a self-righteous, over-zealous, self-appointed fire marshal who will return them all early on disembarkation day. It's an unlikely scenario, but I will still hope it for you. 

I really hope it was just kids goofing and maybe putting on another cabin on another floor ...

if it was adults … well ...

and we decorate our door, but it's maybe $5 worth or less from the dollar bin attached with some glue on magnets ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

It would be silly to use it immediately- They'll just save it for their next cruise. 

You certainly give a lot of credit for smarts to someone who is clearly a Neanderthal. Silly indeed.  

• Like 1