Quantum Class vs Oasis Class

Sorry if this has been asked.  I did a search but didn't see anything related on the first several pages.  Now that the Odyssey will be in FLL, it's a possibility over an Oasis Class ship.  For all you Oasis class lovers that have done both, thoughts and comparisons?  

We've sailed the Navigator, Freedom, Oasis and Allure.  Oasis and Allure have been our favorites.  We said we would only stick with the Oasis ships from now on but........we could try the Odyssey.  We never thought we'd try a Quantum ship due to the Bayonne departure.  

What we like about Oasis is Central Park, Boardwalk, Beach Pool, Shows and the Jogging Track.  We do have a teenager, but he's quiet and shy so he has never done any of the activities onboard except for maybe basketball and mini golf.  

TIA.

I haven't sailed Quantum class but have been looking into Odyssey now that it will be sailing out of FLL, it seems to be a middle ground between oasis and freedom classes aprox 1k more pax than freedom and 1k less than Oasis, here's some list of "highlights" listed for the two classes;

Oasis HIGHLIGHTS: Neighborhoods AquaTheater 3D Movies Broadway Musicals The Perfect StormSM Ultimate AbyssSM Zip Line Boardwalk® Central Park® 2 FlowRider® Surf Simulators Carousel Ice-Skating Rink Outdoor Movie Screen Laser Tag

Quantum HIGHLIGHTS: North Star® RipCord® by iFLY® Seaplex® FlowRider® Surf Simulator Two70® Virtual BalconySM Staterooms 3D Movies Loft Suites Music Hall Broadway Musicals Outdoor Movie Screen

both offer some really unique stuff and still in my opinion set above the freedom and below classes. but quantum does not have the neighborhoods (boardwalk/Central Park) so if those are deal breakers then Oasis is still for you; as too your other favs, the Shows are the big highlight on Odyssey so im sure you would enjoy those alot, also it will have a track. as too the pool i just dont know either way.
im making a booking now for Jan of 2021 and was going back and forth with allure and odyssey and decided on allure, i have sailed Oasis class but not since any have been AMPED and allure will be done by this sailing so thats what i decided on. i will definitely try quantum class in the future though.  

We have sailed on both- Hands down the Oasis class is so much better.  The ship layout on the Quantum is choppy- crowded because the promenade is smaller.  The service on the Quantum wasn't up to the RC standards.  The entire staff wasn't nearly as nice as those who are on the Oasis class.  We had to wait on line for over an hour to go on the North Star ride.  Heard now it isn't as bad as they have reservations.  I experienced lines everywhere for everything.  Will stick to Oasis class.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We do have a teenager, but he's quiet and shy so he has never done any of the activities onboard except for maybe basketball and mini golf.  

He'd like the Seaplex on Odyssey.

Biker, who would probably take Odyssey over O class.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

curious from someone who hasn't said it yet, what would be your favorite feature?

Not in the Seaplex, but I'm partial to the combo of Flowrider and Ripcord. Odyssey will be a bit different than the other Q class ships in that some of the ping pong tables and Xbox areas on the upper level of Seaplex will be converted to Playmakers, but it's still a good place for teens to hang out. Also, the roller skating, bumper cars and other activities win out over what O class offers.

Edited by Biker19

Sailed Oasis, Quantum and Anthem.  For us no question,  Quantum class.  Odyssey will be slightly bigger,  i.e. ultra Quantum class.  Love seaplex and especially the bumper cars and hot dog wagon.  Enjoy cafe 270 and events in 270 as it is a unique space.   3 pool areas, the solarium for adults (indoor) and a family indoor pool as well as regular outdoor pool.  So in bad weather still a place for everyone.  We did not enjoy Oasis.  WJ too small.  Dh had too wait on line to even enter even though he was taking his food to go.  Took 2 days to find the made to order omelets,  not in WJ, in wipe out cafe.

Edited by njkruzer
Added info.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thanks everyone for the input.  We are still researching but thinking we'll stick with the Oasis Class.  

That is sad to hear that you wont give Odyssey a chance. Please reconsider as it has a nice solarium in front of ship . And also another covered pool in case of rainy day.

Two 70 is a joy and the food too.

• Like 1

We prefer the Oasis class ships over the Quantum. Just so much more space that makes the crowds seem smaller. Our last trip on the Anthem has a lot of technology challenges (270 robots, etc) that kept us rescheduling shows to the last minutes on the ship. 

We've done several cruises on different class of ships from smallest to largest. We love the Oasis class ships for the size and room. Replying here because in May we'll be on the Ovation from Hawaii to Seattle, 12 nights, so look for my dissertation to compare and contrast the 2 sizes. Honestly, I have high hopes for the Ovation because of the extra routes that would open up for us!  I'll be back!

7 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Sailed Oasis, Quantum and Anthem.  For us no question,  Quantum class.  Odyssey will be slightly bigger,  i.e. ultra Quantum class.  Love seaplex and especially the bumper cars and hot dog wagon.  Enjoy cafe 270 and events in 270 as it is a unique space.   3 pool areas, the solarium for adults (indoor) and a family indoor pool as well as regular outdoor pool.  So in bad weather still a place for everyone.  We did not enjoy Oasis.  WJ too small.  Dh had too wait on line to even enter even though he was taking his food to go.  Took 2 days to find the made to order omelets,  not in WJ, in wipe out cafe.

Unlike Ultra-Voyager class, i.e., Freedom class, Ultra Quantum class is NOT larger than Quantum class.  These ships (only one so far) are simply fitted out differently.

7 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Also johnny rockets makes omelettes.  As does the suite restaurant 

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Neither Oasis class nor Quantum class can fit through the old locks.  Both will fit through the new ones.

Still a question as to whether Oasis can fit under the Bridge of the Americas.  Maybe now with retractable stacks ...