milkshakes on the Regal Princess?

tandarosen

We've cruised on a couple of Princess' smaller ships and my teen son's favorite thing is the milkshakes.  We'll be on the Regal in a couple weeks and he can't stop talking about how many milkshakes he'll drink but I'm seeing mixed comments about if there are actually milkshakes or not.  Can someone confirm either way so we are prepared and purchase the right beverage package for him?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tandarosen said:

We've cruised on a couple of Princess' smaller ships and my teen son's favorite thing is the milkshakes.  We'll be on the Regal in a couple weeks and he can't stop talking about how many milkshakes he'll drink but I'm seeing mixed comments about if there are actually milkshakes or not.  Can someone confirm either way so we are prepared and purchase the right beverage package for him?

Nope, no milkshakes at the ice cream spot on Regal (or Royal). They didn't install a milkshake machine.  

He can get virgin mudslides or dirty bananas or such at the bars as mocktails, but they're not made with ice cream. Ice, cream, mix, chocolate... 

38 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Nope, no milkshakes at the ice cream spot on Regal (or Royal). They didn't install a milkshake machine.  

He can get virgin mudslides or dirty bananas or such at the bars as mocktails, but they're not made with ice cream. Ice, cream, mix, chocolate... 

While not the news I wanted to hear - thank you for the confirmation.  Looks like we'll be saving money on the drink package then. 🙂

We sailed Regal with our granddaughters for Spring break March 2019 (and are doing the same March 2020.)  

At one point, my 10 year old wasn't feeling well and asked for a milkshake.  None could be found.  Someone suggested a virgin frozen drink from the bar, so that's what we did.  

OMG...now they both think they are hot stuff when they belly up to the bar and order virgin pina coladas.  

20190323_202457.jpg

None of the Royal class ships have milkshakes.  Not at Gelatos either.  

The Grand class ships have the larger coffee & cones area with freezer for the hard ice cream that is used in the milkshakes.  

The Royal class ships have the new smaller ice cream area (coffee area is inside the buffet) and they only have space for the soft serve with no freezers for the hard ice cream and no space for blenders and sinks etc.  

Gelatos does not have hard icecream and does not have a blender.  They do have some fancy sundaes though all extra charge not included in any drink packages.  

I really don't understand this decision to forget milkshakes.  
Must have been made by the same team that didn't put Crooners on Sky.  🙄

24 minutes ago, tandarosen said:

Thanks everyone for the clarifications.  Looks like I'm going to suggest that he requests soft serve in a glass, wait for it to melt a little, and drink it through a straw pretending it's a milkshake. 🤣

IMO I have always found the soft serve nasty with the consistency of sand.  🤔

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

We sailed Regal with our granddaughters for Spring break March 2019 (and are doing the same March 2020.)  

At one point, my 10 year old wasn't feeling well and asked for a milkshake.  None could be found.  Someone suggested a virgin frozen drink from the bar, so that's what we did.  

OMG...now they both think they are hot stuff when they belly up to the bar and order virgin pina coladas.  

20190323_202457.jpg

Good to know! 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 12:44 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

IMO I have always found the soft serve nasty with the consistency of sand.  🤔

I agree.  All of the soft serve that we have experienced on Princess ships has been poor quality and very disappointing.

Edited by mevs904
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:20 AM, mevs904 said:

I agree.  All of the soft serve that we have experienced on Princess ships has been poor quality and very disappointing.

While all of the ships offer soft serve, which is a poor substitute for regular ice cream,  on the Regal it was recently very good the time we tried it. 

They seem to have the mix down correctly. 

It's still not comparable to the DR real ice cream.

21 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

The milkshakes sound delicious, but maybe it could be considered a plus, concerning health and fitness, to not be having so many milkshakes?

Just sayin' 🙂🤔

Though they still have ice cream. There isn't much of a difference.