Carnival Glory crashed into Carnival Legend in Cozumel

RedwingHockeyFan

1 minute ago, gooch47 said:

It looks like it is about to his the Oasis of the Sea, too, unless it is just the camera angle.

That is what the people recording the videos were also saying!  Looks like it missed it though.  It is still ongoing, I've been following it on someone's FB post that is on one of the Norwegian ships.

Thanks for posting this Redwing.  Ya’ know, I keep looking at Carnival cruises, as I haven’t sailed them in a while.  But, as soon as I think they have their “stuff” together, I see another report, or another video, or another incident with them that makes me pull back.

I don’t know if it’s just a lack of training, a lackadaisical attitude, or the drive to suspend or overlook good corporate behavior that there are these safety gaffs, purposeful waste dumping, etc.

Like others have said, glad no one was hurt.  But, geez-Louise, while my booking won’t mean a hill of beans to them, I now am going to back away, again!

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for posting this Redwing.  Ya’ know, I keep looking at Carnival cruises, as I haven’t sailed them in a while.  But, as soon as I think they have their “stuff” together, I see another report, or another video, or another incident with them that makes me pull back.

I don’t know if it’s just a lack of training, a lackadaisical attitude, or the drive to suspend or overlook good corporate behavior that there are these safety gaffs, purposeful waste dumping, etc.

Like others have said, glad no one was hurt.  But, geez-Louise, while my booking won’t mean a hill of beans to them, I now am going to back away, again!

Carnival has gotten hit with more bad news.  They have had to cancel the 1st 8 sailings of their newest ship The Mardi Gras because She will not be finished in time.  First sailing now the 14th of November instead of mid September.

Oh Crikey!! 

Looking at Glory deck plans, both levels of aft MDR got smashed in. Missed the staterooms above and below.

Also looking at the sea currents, they looked to be so strong ….

image.png.7baabe68b1bdf05331648a9079d1a45f.png

It's on the news in the UK: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7814605/Shocking-moment-two-cruise-ships-crash-Mexico.html

We're in Cozumel....it has been very windy the last couple of days....they closed the port for diving/snorkeling.....at 6am this friday morning I was having a cup of coffee in the lobby of our hotel accross the street from the downtown pier and all of a sudden the NCL Dawn comes full speed right by the pier and back out to sea...I think he was at the wrong pier as a Costa ship came in about an hour later...we've been on 25+ cruises and I have never seen a move like that...anyway with the gusts going on here and they don't seem to use tugs as support it doesn't surprise me ....good day to be on land

23 minutes ago, shavdog said:

NCL Dawn

Thread on the RCI forum says the Sun skipped out on the approach and ended up performing some evasive maneuvers to avoid some mooring buoys near the shallow waters.  A picture posted in the thread shows the ship name on the back.  Maybe the Dawn was also supposed to be there?

Here's that thread, linked to the page it's on.  Yes, the title is currently misleading and maybe alarming, indicating the Oasis was also hit (she wasn't).

• Like 1