Petite Chef

ROYALBOY

There are now 2 versions.  The original and added LPC and friends.  You could probably find the menu on the X website.  We found the food to be poor. DHs beef was so tough he couldn’t cut it with a steak knife.   Chef was making his rounds and he tried and couldn’t cut it  either.  Blamed it on a dull knife😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

There are now 2 versions.  The original and added LPC and friends.  You could probably find the menu on the X website.  We found the food to be poor. DHs beef was so tough he couldn’t cut it with a steak knife.   Chef was making his rounds and he tried and couldn’t cut it  either.  Blamed it on a dull knife😂

Pathetic..I would have challenged him to try a sharper knife

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

My wife and I thought it was the worst specialty restaurant by far on the Eclipse. I cant speak for any of the other ships. But we would never try it again to find out if they are any better.

I've been a couple times and as others said there are 2 menus and I believe they alternate them on different nights.

Menu 2   4 course tasting menu

Marinated Tomato Salad

Truffled 5 Cheese Ravioli

Steak Frites

Green Tea Matcha Cake

Alternative menu

French Onion Soup

Pan-Roasted Sea Bass

Sauteed Chicken Breast

Fruit Sorbet

Menu 1

Bouillabaisse Soup

Poached Half Lobster

Filet Mignon

Vanilla Ice cream Sunday

Same alternative menu as above ( you can mix and match if you wish).

Personally, I enjoyed the meal and found the food good but not excellent.  The main problem is that the meal is set to the show and everyone arrives at the same time and each course is served to everyone in the room at the same time.    Trying to get wine service was almost impossible and not attentive as they only had one server and she was overwhelmed. 

I would rate it one and done but did go twice as we were invited to a birthday dinner and would not refuse the kind invitation.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, lamondys said:

Is it safe to assume that menu 1 is served on the 1st night of each sailing? Or could it change? 

I just looked on the Celebrity App for the Reflection 12/20 cruise and the #2 menu with Steak Fritas is listed on Departure day 1.  

7 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

Sounds like we will try a different venue for his birthday. Thanks

I would highly recommend Murano's for a birthday celebration.  

The quality of the Filet and Lobster on our cruise was very tender, tasty and prepared to the proper temperature.  It's gimmicky but is no where the same experience as the domed and table side service at Murano's.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would highly recommend Murano's for a birthday celebration.  

The quality of the Filet and Lobster on our cruise was very tender, tasty and prepared to the proper temperature.  It's gimmicky but is no where the same experience as the domed and table side service at Murano's.  

I would second Muranos.  We did not care for the new menu for LPC.

We absolutely love Muranos.

Edited by NMTraveller

17 hours ago, lamondys said:

Is it safe to assume that menu 1 is served on the 1st night of each sailing? Or could it change? 

On the Transatlantic, the first half of the cruise was Le Petite Chef & Friends and the 2nd half of the cruise was Le Petite Chef Recommends.

Le Petit Chef Recommends is the menu with the lobster and Le Petit Chef & Friends is the menu with the filet mignon .

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

I would have asked him for a sharper knife and invite him to take a chew right afterwards.... bet that tune would change... LOL

As d pointed out above...

Maybe a no-charge for the meal or attempt?

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Le petit chef has been around in Dubai and Asia and Vegas for years.....This is nothing new or visionary.....Celebrity does a poor job of carrying it off IMHO.  As a whole, we found the experience week in all venues over the years.....That said, we tried always expecting better and always found it all meh.......Use your $$ elsewhere IMHO.   Safe Sails! 

We loved LPC. I had booked it for a special anniversary without giving my husband  any prior information about the concept. We both thought it was clever, witty and entertaining. 

The food was very good except for the dessert which was too plain, given the standard of the other courses. The filet mignon was one of the most tender we’ve eaten - and I’m really fussy about meat. 

However... I would recommend people think of it as a show or a performance rather than a traditional dinner. And as for most shows I’ve seen, I wouldn’t need to “see it” again, 

Just come back from Constellation where it has just been introduced.

They were prepared to do it at half price halfway through the Cruise so I guess that says a lot. Its a  "one off" the sort of thing we would take the Grandchildren to if it was on land.  I despair Celebrity - you have "Sushi on 5" empty every night and now this , What happened to the restaurants of old  "Ocean Liners"

The menu was soup, lobster and steak

We'll be on the Summit in the spring with our 5 year old granddaughter and thought this might be a fun place for all of us to go one night, but considering the cost  and the reviews above we might just pass.  Will keep an eye on future reviews.
I agree, we loved Ocean Liners.  Had the best wine pairing dinner on the Constellation years ago that we still talk about today.