Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

Merry Christmas Kim  --  Wishing you all a Great Day & Fantabulous New Year!!! 

It looks like you had a good start to your cruise. 

Glad to see you've recuperated enough to make this cruise happen... 

Looking forward to more...

Cheers  --  Von & John

Love your reviews Kim 

We are just off the Joy 2 weeks ago and had a blast.  One thing I started doing and plan

on doing every cruise from now on is telling the waitress/server in the specialty restaurant that we have a show to go to

or we’re in a hurry right up front 

Hate when dinners take 2 hours from start to finish and by letting them know we were served much much quicker and all done w eating within a hour.....I even had them bring the dessert right after the entree was served.   That alone prob saved 30 minutes 😜🤣🤣

Looking forward to more of your review 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, sinclaj said:

Hi Kim, 

So glad you were able to cruise.  I’m very interested to see how you adapted from your usual cruising activities.  Merry Christmas.  I always love your reviews

Judy

Merry Christmas to you too Judy. It was definitely different than all my other cruises trying to adapt to getting around.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:20 PM, MzShae said:

So glad to see your report! Following 

Thanks and thanks for following.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, SMSACE6 said:

Hi, I am looking forward to this review, and so happy that you have gotten back to cruising again, after your fall and injury. I do hope that you did not encounter any difficulties given your injury, but I will be following your review.  I was once booked on Escape, (and Epic, and Getaway)  but had to cancel each cruise do to family issues at home.  Some day I will get to sail NCL again finally. Looking forward to your review.

Thank you. So sorry you had to cancel. Fingers crossed you'll get to sail some day soon.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, canadianbear said:

Being in a wheelchair etc really opens your eyes to what people go through.  Years ago when we took our very first cruise we asked for a deep clean in the cabin as our son had just gone through cancer treatment.  It was the best cruise and memories ever for us.  His health opened our eyes even more to enjoy life and appreciate the little things and respect and help others.  

Happy to be reading your report-brings such joy to me when families travel together.  Always enjoy your beautiful photos too! 

Yes it does! I have never paid much attention to the handicapped parking lots until now and it's darn near next to impossible to find one and then you see all of these people that appear (not judging because you never know what their condition is) that jumps out of a car or van and has absolutely no issues walking. Then don't get me started on trying to find an electric scooter at the grocery store...oh my word!

It really does take a health scare to open your eyes to the little things that's for sure. I hope you son is doing well.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, bonvoyagie said:

Loving your review as always. I feel for you trying to cruise in a wheelchair - agreed that the passageways are narrow to begin with even trying to pass others or deal with the service carts. You also appear to be victim of the "nurse's curse" where if there is the slightest possibility of a complication you will get it 🙂.  We will be on the Gem in less than a month for the longest cruise we have ever taken - 21days - SFO to NYC via the Panama Canal. Looking forward this bucket list cruise - and the rest of your wonderful review. 

Why thank you. Haha on the "nurse's curse"...I'm now a firm believer.

The Gem is the only "non-new" NCL ship that I have yet to cruise and hope to get on some day. I always list that ship in my search category when I'm looking for a cruise. It just never goes where I want it to go. 😕

Have fun on your 21 day cruise. I don't know that I could do it. I found that anything over 10 days and like completely wanting to go home. lol

On 12/25/2019 at 8:01 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Thank you for a cruise critic Christmas gift, another great review started, glad to see your making the most of your difficult foot/ankle situation, looking forward to continued review 

haha you are welome.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, BoatParts said:

Happy Christmas! Glad you are up to cruising again. Following along as it will help build the excitement for our next - only 39 days to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas to you too. 39 days will pass by super quick!

On 12/25/2019 at 8:52 PM, robandlil said:

I always enjoy your reviews.  I’ll be following along for the ride on this one too

Thank you so much.

On 12/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, nhtravels said:

Oh so excited to follow your newest review!  We cruised on the Escape in 2017 and loved everything about the experience.   

Also glad to read that things are getting a bit better for you Kim!

Aww thanks.

I'm improving day by day...well, maybe more like week by week...or is it month by month. LOL Sometimes I wonder.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:13 PM, #55worktoplay said:

Kim, For what you have been through you look fantastic!   I have been reading all of your reviews over the years as Sakari has grown and with each new review she is changing so much and growing up, wow wear does the time go.  She is still adorable of course.

Hope you had a great day with the Family.

Aww thanks so much. I don't know about fantastic. Laying in a bed or sitting in a wheelchair took a toll on me. I gained so much weight, my right leg got so skinny, I lost muscle tone and feel pretty weak and give out easily...but hey, I'm standing at eye level with everyone else now and that's an improvement! lol

I have noticed a growth spurt since our last cruise 4 months ago. She honestly needs new pants to fit her "length" now. LOL

On 12/26/2019 at 12:11 AM, aztekpm said:

Wow, I can't believe Sakari, looks like she's grown a lot even from your last review.  She's not a little girl anymore!

I agree. She's just so big and going through that "teenage" stage even though she's only 11. I think the kids at middle school gave her some miracle grow as a welcoming gift into art school. LOL

On 12/26/2019 at 12:57 AM, Von & John said:

Merry Christmas Kim  --  Wishing you all a Great Day & Fantabulous New Year!!! 

It looks like you had a good start to your cruise. 

Glad to see you've recuperated enough to make this cruise happen... 

Looking forward to more...

Cheers  --  Von & John

Merry Christmas and same to you. I was really worried about being able to do this cruise....like really worried how it would all turn out. But, things went as well as could be expected.

18 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Great to see you looking so healthy!

And by healthy...that just all the added pounds from being in a bed for months. 🤣

15 hours ago, LaCal said:

Love your reviews Kim 

We are just off the Joy 2 weeks ago and had a blast.  One thing I started doing and plan

on doing every cruise from now on is telling the waitress/server in the specialty restaurant that we have a show to go to

or we’re in a hurry right up front 

Hate when dinners take 2 hours from start to finish and by letting them know we were served much much quicker and all done w eating within a hour.....I even had them bring the dessert right after the entree was served.   That alone prob saved 30 minutes 😜🤣🤣

Looking forward to more of your review 

Aww, thank you!

Now the Joy looks like a lot of fun. I hope to go on her some day.

We have had a show to go to before and said the same thing and noticed the service was faster. But, we really did have a show to catch. LOL 

Thanks for following.

14 hours ago, Jenner9 said:

What a great surprise when I opened CC this morning! I leave on Escape 2/1! Love your reviews. Cant wait to read more!

Aww, such kind words. Thank you.

14 hours ago, drcarp4 said:

Glad to see you are up and around. I think that will help you heal up faster. Enjoying your review as usual.

I'm glad to see me up and around too!  😄 I don't know about healing faster at this point...but it's helping me mentally.

Thanks for coming along for the review.

13 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ glad to catch you early on in your review. I was wondering how you'd made out on the cruise, in a wheelchair.

I think of you every time I get gas (in my car).😉

Looking forward to seeing how the ports were for you.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi there "Already retired"   😉

Please do think of me with every gas station hose in sight or any hose for that matter...garden hose, air hose....they're all out there lurking. lol

11 hours ago, AmyJA said:

A mitsugirly review!  Glad to see you up and doing.

Mom is in a wheelchair...those hallways....UGG. And there's a reason to not put your trays in the halls.  

Thanks so coming to the review. Yes, those hallways!!! They've never been so small!

10 hours ago, jaxw17 said:

Oh so glad to see a review from you. Following along. hope you have had a lovely Christmas and all the best for the new Year

Thanks and glad you are following. We had a good Christmas. I didn't think I was going to get to see my oldest son, but he finally made an appearance so all was good. Happy New Year!

9 hours ago, BigNance said:

So happy to see that you are cruising!  

(and happy that I get to read one of your VERY entertaining reviews!)

Merry Christmas (belated) and Happy New Year!

N

Thanks BigN! I'm happy about it too. I was really worried. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too!

2 hours ago, hladygirl said:

Either the WiFi is out on the ship or we are being ghosted.

Haha...maybe both? 🤣

No seriously, I just got busy with the family yesterday and they stayed until after midnight. Today has been a day of me trying to sort my thousands of pictures and put them in folders.

1 hour ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Erm...Kim got off the ship on the 21st - This is not a live review...

haha....I wish you were wrong though.

I hope everything is ok.

Edit: Oh, we posted at the same time! Glad all is well. Loving this review!  I'm sailing on the Escape (and NCL for the first time) in 2021 so I get to live vicariously through the rest of you in the meantime. 😉

Edited by Cyn874

So, I got really busy yesterday cooking for Christmas and having all the kids and grandkids over last night for Christmas dinner, gifts, and games. They didn't leave until after midnight and I was so tired. I somehow inherited Brayden (and still have possession of him) while Kendra dipped out as I wasn't looking. "Oh gee, did I really forget my kid?" That child I swear! But, I told him in order to stay he had to help clean up the tornado that hit my house between the hours of 4pm-1am. He was a big help so no complaints.

Today I have been busy gathering the thousands of pictures and organizing them into folders to use. It's a long process. I'm doing this from work (no, not my nursing job as I can't walk or climb stairs/steps enough to work really or help patients like I need to) but at our business where I can simply sit at a desk all day. The hubs put me on remote desktop and I've been working on my computer at home from work. Haha...geter done!

So, sometime tomorrow I will get back to the review and at least get the rest of the first day done, the ship tour, and the room tour completed. 🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

I hope everything is ok.

Edit: Oh, we posted at the same time! Glad all is well. Loving this review!  I'm sailing on the Escape (and NCL for the first time) in 2021 so I get to live vicariously through the rest of you in the meantime. 😉

Haha, thanks for checking up. 🙂   2021 will be here in no time. I wonder where 2019 went??? I flew by!

8 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

So, I got really busy yesterday cooking for Christmas and having all the kids and grandkids over last night for Christmas dinner, gifts, and games. They didn't leave until after midnight and I was so tired. I somehow inherited Brayden (and still have possession of him) while Kendra dipped out as I wasn't looking. "Oh gee, did I really forget my kid?" That child I swear! But, I told him in order to stay he had to help clean up the tornado that hit my house between the hours of 4pm-1am. He was a big help so no complaints.

Today I have been busy gathering the thousands of pictures and organizing them into folders to use. It's a long process. I'm doing this from work (no, not my nursing job as I can't walk or climb stairs/steps enough to work really or help patients like I need to) but at our business where I can simply sit at a desk all day. The hubs put me on remote desktop and I've been working on my computer at home from work. Haha...geter done!

So, sometime tomorrow I will get back to the review and at least get the rest of the first day done, the ship tour, and the room tour completed. 🙂

It has always been fun reading about Brayden and sweet little Cam! And Kendra.

And sweet little Sakari has grown into a beautiful girl! Kim, she looks so grown up! I was just reading one of your older reviews when she was so tiny. Time flies!!!!!

Off to a good start on this review. I can tell this is going to be an interesting one for sure.

I'll give credit to the Carnival Splendor. We could still wheel mom down to her room even with the luggage out in the hallway. But that's a ship of another era at this point. Kinda sad to see then new ships are cramming in rooms at the expense of hallway space. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbhcw said:

A Merry belated Christmas!!  So glad to see your review...following!!

Same to you! Thanks for following.

3 hours ago, kackles said:

Love your reviews! Thanks for all the hard work you put into them. Following along.

Aww thanks so much.  Glad you're here.

3 hours ago, zencruisers said:

Following as usual and looking forward to reading more. 

Thanks for following.

2 hours ago, 1stTIMECRUZER said:

Following!  So glad you were able to take this cruise!😎

I was glad too! 😃 Thanks for following.

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Following also. Leaving on Escape next week.

Thanks for following and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. So many people leaving on the Escape next week. I wish I could have it done by then.

2 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

Leaving on the Escape January 11th.  Such a timely report. So thrilled that it is you writing it as you are very thoughtful and thorough.  Hope you heal soon.   

Have a wonderful cruise!!! (although I won't be done with my review before leaving hehe)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

It has always been fun reading about Brayden and sweet little Cam! And Kendra.

And sweet little Sakari has grown into a beautiful girl! Kim, she looks so grown up! I was just reading one of your older reviews when she was so tiny. Time flies!!!!!

Yea, they definitely add some interesting twist and turns to the mix (Kendra and family).

Sakari is just getting so big. I want my little Sakari back. Time just goes by too quickly. 😞 

22 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Off to a good start on this review. I can tell this is going to be an interesting one for sure.

I'll give credit to the Carnival Splendor. We could still wheel mom down to her room even with the luggage out in the hallway. But that's a ship of another era at this point. Kinda sad to see then new ships are cramming in rooms at the expense of hallway space. 

Thanks. Yea, I have been on ships that have really nice HUGE hallways and it was amazing. These small hallways make it difficult for several people to pass each other sometimes. It feels so cramped.