A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

8 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Enjoying your reports and wonderful pictures.

Have been to Aruba many times and all those places you visited -- some have changed over the years.

Thank you . We did get to go to some new ones for us which was nice . We had hoped to have dinner on the island but the 3 choices that we made we all closed on Sunday .

29 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

We did a similar island tour on Aruba the last time we were there--very much like a desert on the north side.  We love the ABC's and enjoyed them again through your photos!

Thanks Barb . We're glad that you enjoyed Aruba and the photos .

We had a 6 hour tour and we had requested a food stop . There is a line where you order whole  fish ( Snapper ) , Shrimp by weight or a Wahoo steak .  They gave you a number and we sat down at a low picnic table . We had stopped at a second line to by a local beer for Pat and a Heineken for me . The service was fairly quick and the food was good . There were fishing boats near us and a feeding frenzy when some people started to feed the gulls .

DSC00863 (2).JPG

DSC00865 (2).JPG

DSC00866 (2).JPG

One thing that we missed this trip was a chance to dive . We did have a nice dive last trip which we will reprise here .

Everybody on the boat spoke Dutch and English except 3 Americans , so most of the time we spoke English . Our first dive was 2 sunken airplanes nearby . And while we prefer reefs to wrecks but we did enjoy our dive . The first plane was the smaller of the two .

DSCI0081_zpsqjlsda7r.jpg

DSCI0084_zps4shdzq4o.jpg

Pat and I tend to lead or lag when diving and taking photos . As experienced divers and diving with unfamiliar people we tend to lag and function as safety divers . Thus most of the group had swam toward the next plane when an excited Pat caught my attention . She gave the signal for an rare daylight octopus sighting . She later told me that she had seen a tentacle come out and grab a fish before the body came out to eat it on the tail of the plane !

DSCI0089_zpscsebk75o.jpg

Here's the video :

And when it felt threatened by us it expanded it's posture and body to try to scare us away !

DSCI0090_zps0dqrrqod.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slabeaume said:

love seeing your island tours.  I can't seem to drag myself away from the water to see the islands.

We loved diving there but we were trying to renew my life insurance and they considered diving dangerous behavior so we skipped it this trip . They cancelled us anyway .

40 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Love your pictures of Aruba.  I want to go back.  Thank you.

Thank you . The water and scenery was beautiful but it felt like Florida in the Summer . 😉 It suppose to go to 87 in the day here and the upper 40's tonight .

Edited by scubacruiserx2