Sky Princess Sanctuary

momrox1

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I think this is every princess ship, probably every cruise ship in general though.  Not unique to the Sky.

Yes , but these early reports sound excessive beginning @ 6am or so.

Blocking both a sun and a shade for latter on is a new one on me ?

Perhaps just more entitled , inconsiderate makeup of guests, on these early cruises with no attempt by stall to control.

Edited by MCC retired

56 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Did the price for Sanctuary loungers double on the Sky Princess or across the fleet or is that a typo?  As of this time last year, the charge on the Crown Princess was $20 half day, $40 full day or, if reserving for the entire cruise $30 a day.

To be perfectly honest, that is based on my recollection of reading the sign at the Sanctuary (while we were waiting in line for an hour.) But, because we ended up not being able to get loungers and, therefore, do not have the charge on our onboard account to confirm, I must confess that I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is the price. It is my recollection of what the sign said, however. Perhaps someone who is currently on board can confirm or correct.

49 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Blocking both a sun and a shade for latter on is a new one on me ?

Perhaps just more entitled , inconsiderate makeup of guests, on these early cruises with no attempt by stall to control.

Unfortunately, I was shocked to see a few people/couples who definitely seemed to be "reserving" loungers in both the sun and the shade, and they would switch back and forth. I observed this both right around the Retreat pool and on the deck above.  Very distressing how selfish people could be.  By contrast, on another recent cruise, my sister-in-law and I each had loungers - one in the sun and one in the shade - and we would would swap when we wanted to change exposure. We would never think of blocking others from using a lounger by keeping it "reserved" while we were not using it.

44 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

To be perfectly honest, that is based on my recollection of reading the sign at the Sanctuary (while we were waiting in line for an hour.) But, because we ended up not being able to get loungers and, therefore, do not have the charge on our onboard account to confirm, I must confess that I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is the price. It is my recollection of what the sign said, however. Perhaps someone who is currently on board can confirm or correct.

I found the answer (although I don't see a full cruise price listed) in Colo Cruiser's review of the Sky Princess TA.  A picture is worth a thousand words!

image.png.2500205e29109c50fc411056b802fc32.png

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

We were on for 2 weeks, December 14-21 and 21-28.  Two different demographics for the most part.  First week had few families, and so we would go out to the pool area at 8am or so and very few loungers with towels.  Second week had many families, and younger people in general and at 8am about 1/2 the chairs had towels on them.

I have a question for any CC posters who have been in the Sanctuary on the Sky Princess. How do the cushions on the loungers feel compared to the cushions on other Princess ships ?

We have enjoyed very comfortable loungers in the Sanctuary on the Crown,Caribbean and Regal Princess ships. However, I have seen photos of the loungers on the Sky and other recently refitted ships and the cushions look thin and not as comfy as others we have enjoyed.

DH and I are booked on the Sky from  NYC to Ft Lauderdale this Nov. and are considering booking the Sanctuary. If the ,loungers are uncomfortable and the availability of them is very limited, we may have to pass up the Sanctuary

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

Did the price for Sanctuary loungers double on the Sky Princess or across the fleet or is that a typo?  As of this time last year, the charge on the Crown Princess was $20 half day, $40 full day or, if reserving for the entire cruise $30 a day.

Your prices are correct.  The problem was that since there were no loungers available for the full cruise we got one day at $40 and two half days at $20 per person.  Prices are same for the whole fleet.  Just zero shade on Sky except right next to entrance when sun is low on the opposite side of the ship.  You wouldn't want a lounger next to the hot tub - fairly loud and louder when people using it.

Another point - on other ships the glass in the front doesn't seal well so you may get a good breeze (on Caribbean it was more like a gale with driven rain) on those loungers.  Sky is pretty well sealed glass up front, so no breeze at all.  Following wind makes the area VERY hot.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

Your prices are correct.  The problem was that since there were no loungers available for the full cruise we got one day at $40 and two half days at $20 per person.  Prices are same for the whole fleet.  Just zero shade on Sky except right next to entrance when sun is low on the opposite side of the ship.  You wouldn't want a lounger next to the hot tub - fairly loud and louder when people using it.

Another point - on other ships the glass in the front doesn't seal well so you may get a good breeze (on Caribbean it was more like a gale with driven rain) on those loungers.  Sky is pretty well sealed glass up front, so no breeze at all.  Following wind makes the area VERY hot.

19 hours ago, capriccio said:

I found the answer (although I don't see a full cruise price listed) in Colo Cruiser's review of the Sky Princess TA.  A picture is worth a thousand words!

image.png.2500205e29109c50fc411056b802fc32.png

Ah, thanks to you - and LeeW for the correction. I must've gotten the price for 2 stuck in my head (as there are 2 of us) and, as I mentioned, because we were never able to get single loungers the only price that really stuck was the price we paid for the cabana.

And, while I would agree that there are not a ton of loungers in the shade, it does seem to me that there is room for more up front under the canopy/roof though, as I mentioned, some of that space is taken up by the hot tub, the shower and those odd couch thingies. I've posted a couple of pics I took one day during our cruise.

And, to answer MJSailor's question, it's true that the cushions on the Sky Sanctuary loungers were not as thick and cushy as on other Princess ships, we found them quite comfortable nonetheless.  

IMG_20191215_112520.jpg

IMG_20191215_112811.jpg

• Like 1

We boarded early as Platinum and went immediately to the Sanctuary.  There was a line.

they take in 1 party at a time to reserve.  After waiting about 25 minutes those waiting were told nothing left for sea days and only cabanas.

There must be a better way.

We are on B2B so will go up first thing on turnaround day.  Hopefully will gave better luck,

26 minutes ago, sawtooth said:

We boarded early as Platinum and went immediately to the Sanctuary.  There was a line.

they take in 1 party at a time to reserve.  After waiting about 25 minutes those waiting were told nothing left for sea days and only cabanas.

There must be a better way.

We are on B2B so will go up first thing on turnaround day.  Hopefully will gave better luck,

When we were Platinum, I was pretty much first Platinum on after Elites and Suites and could beat most of them up there.  The only other way is to work yourself up to Elite as we have recently done (not to get Sanctuary, mind you), or have the dough to book a Suite.  I do think that outside the Caribbean sector, there is just not the same demand.  You will do much better on the second or subsequent cruises of B2B voyages.  The folks who do have full voyage loungers will have first dibs to keep them if they are also B2B.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GracyandGravy said:

Is the thermal spa as.limited and hard to reserve as the sanctuary?

You can book the Enclave online.  Over Christmas there was only 1 time in 7 days that all chairs were taken.  Yes, there are chair hogs on sea day that camp themselves out on a heated bed with book, iPad, etc., but for the most part, people flow in and out.  After all, you don't book a (Caribbean) cruise to stay locked up.  I do believe there is a limit as to how many passes are sold.  I've heard 40, I've heard 60, but don't quote  me.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

The sanctuary is a calm adults-only space with cushy loungers, on the Sky Deck forward, above the bridge. As discussed above, there are also a number of cabanas in the Sanctuary, and there is a dedicated staff to take care of your every need. There is a charge of $40/half day or $80/full day for a lounger and $220/day for a cabana (which includes some beverages, and can accommodate up to 4 people).

Question was already asked and answered, just deleting my question for now.

Edited by Akaicb
Question was already asked and answered,

16 minutes ago, Akaicb said:

Question was already asked and answered, just deleting my question for now.

I wish I could go back and edit to correct my original error but, unfortunately, the edit button had disappeared before I realized I'd made a mistake.

But, in an effort to correct for anyone searching CC for that information, for the record, the price for loungers is $20/person for 1/2 day and $40/person for a full day. 👍

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere