Sky Princess pools

DRS/NC

Are any of the swimming pools on the new Sky Princess handicapped-friendly?

Both the Grand class ships & the Regal (& I assume, the Royal) have the aft pools (Grand) & Retreat pools (Regal) that have steps for going in/out of those pools.  The Lido pools all have steep ladders on the sides of the pools which are impossible for some of us to climb. 

In the few photos/videos I've seen of the Sky, I've been unable to see if there are steps.  I've booked a cruise on the Sky for 2021 but will cancel if there is no accessible pool.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

Both the Grand class ships & the Regal (& I assume, the Royal) have the aft pools (Grand) & Retreat pools (Regal) that have steps for going in/out of those pools.  The Lido pools all have steep ladders on the sides of the pools which are impossible for some of us to climb. 

In the few photos/videos I've seen of the Sky, I've been unable to see if there are steps.  I've booked a cruise on the Sky for 2021 but will cancel if there is no accessible pool.

Thanks!

None of the pools on the sky that I saw had steps down into the water, all had a ladder only.  I'm not 100% sure about the MUTS pools cause we didn't spend time there, but the retreat pool and wake pool were both about 3' deep and only had a ladder to access, or climb over the seating area and sit down and step in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

Thanks!

There are a couple of good videos on YouTube.  I did not see any steps into the pool.  The new Celebrity Edge does not have any walk in pools too.  We too won't be going on the SKY or Oasis Class ships because of the pool access.

• Like 3

Thanks to both of you!

I certainly don't understand why Princess dropped the Retreat pool model as used on the Regal/Royal.  I wonder what that does (if anything) to ADA compliance in US ports.

I shall cancel my Sky booking.  At least I only lose my $1.00 deposit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

Thanks to both of you!

I certainly don't understand why Princess dropped the Retreat pool model as used on the Regal/Royal.  I wonder what that does (if anything) to ADA compliance in US ports.

I shall cancel my Sky booking.  At least I only lose my $1.00 deposit.

I just watched a few more Sky videos and was shocked to not see a handicap lift at the main pool.  I am wondering if they have a portable lift?  It sure would be disapointing for a non walker to not be able to enter a pool.  My DW would not use a lift, but with out walk in access, it is non-starter for us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I called Princess today and was told the Sky Princess has no steps to go into the pool. Only Ladders.

The depth of the pool is 3.3 feet to 7 feet deep.  
Tony

I heard The Rowboat has a pool every time it springs a leak.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I heard The Rowboat has a pool every time it springs a leak.

Hi Mr. G,

If you want to go swimming on the Rowboat we Keelhaul you if you can’t swim. If you can we just throw you over the side.😀😀BTW my Patriots look awful. 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G,

If you want to go swimming on the Rowboat we Keelhaul you if you can’t swim. If you can we just throw you over the side.😀😀BTW my Patriots look awful. 

Tony

Not near as bad as my Steelers.  Hard to believe you lost to Miami at home.  At least you are in the post-season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, DRS/NC said:

Thanks!

My concern also!

19 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I just watched a few more Sky videos and was shocked to not see a handicap lift at the main pool.  I am wondering if they have a portable lift?  It sure would be disapointing for a non walker to not be able to enter a pool.  My DW would not use a lift, but with out walk in access, it is non-starter for us.

I  do not need a lift I walk just fine! However no way can I manage the ladder! I don't understand why they did that My huband has issues with his feet the fatty pads on the bottom are pretty much gone can you image trying too use the ladder!

😞

Edited by Reader0108598

18 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G,

Tony

Oh my god let's not mention the Patriots still stinging ! Dare i watch the play offs! Gronk why did you forsake us..lol

Edited by Reader0108598

3 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

I  do not need a lift I walk just fine! However no way can I manage the ladder! I don't understand why they did that My husband has issues with his feet the fatty pads on the bottom are pretty much gone can you image trying too use the ladder!

😞

I too can walk -- for very short distances & for short steps as at the Regal's Retreat pool.  However, I've had 4 different joint replacements & absolutely cannot manage the 90* pool-side ladders to exit a pool.  

Obviously, those of us who are physically disabled in some way aren't overly welcome on the Sky Princess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

I too can walk -- for very short distances & for short steps as at the Regal's Retreat pool.  However, I've had 4 different joint replacements & absolutely cannot manage the 90* pool-side ladders to exit a pool.  

Obviously, those of us who are physically disabled in some way aren't overly welcome on the Sky Princess.

Very Sad 😞

Interesting incorrect information here.  The adult retreat pool has steps going down into it on the aft end.  Bar not too busy since few people know about this pool area on the Sky deck.  Forward elevators give access both to this pool and deck 18, where the Sanctuary is.  

Aft pool is kind of at the back end of the Horizon Court, with few lounge chairs out there.  Did not see steps, but also didn't get that close to it.  Mostly surrounded by open air seating for the buffet.

I didn't get a shot of the steps - pool was closed for a couple of days due to someone breaking a beer bottle on the steps.  This photo is the bar end of the Retreat Pool.

DSCN1155.JPG

Edited by LeeW
more

13 hours ago, LeeW said:

Interesting incorrect information here.  The adult retreat pool has steps going down into it on the aft end.  Bar not too busy since few people know about this pool area on the Sky deck.  Forward elevators give access both to this pool and deck 18, where the Sanctuary is.  

Aft pool is kind of at the back end of the Horizon Court, with few lounge chairs out there.  Did not see steps, but also didn't get that close to it.  Mostly surrounded by open air seating for the buffet.

I didn't get a shot of the steps - pool was closed for a couple of days due to someone breaking a beer bottle on the steps.  This photo is the bar end of the Retreat Pool.

DSCN1155.JPG

Princess themsevlves said no pool with steps! Do you have to pay extra for this pool?

Edited by Reader0108598

13 hours ago, LeeW said:

Interesting incorrect information here.  The adult retreat pool has steps going down into it on the aft end.

This isn't correct on the Sky.  The retreat pool has no steps, just a ladder.  The Wake pool at the back of the ship also had no steps, just a ladder.  I can't comment on the Lido pools around the MUTS screen because I didn't spend any time there, but the other pools only had ladder access. 

They were only about 3' deep and that might be why they didn't put steps in, but I'm not really sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

This isn't correct on the Sky.  The retreat pool has no steps, just a ladder.  The Wake pool at the back of the ship also had no steps, just a ladder.  I can't comment on the Lido pools around the MUTS screen because I didn't spend any time there, but the other pools only had ladder access. 

They were only about 3' deep and that might be why they didn't put steps in, but I'm not really sure.

Sorry, but the broken glass in the retreat pool was on both the steps and the two steps were still there when they emptied it to clean it.  We were in one of those new cabins adjacent to the area.