Specialty Door Signs

Daniel A

We want to have a door sign on our SIL's cabin door at embarkation.  In the past, I've seen "Congratulations", "Retirement" door signs but I don't see anywhere where you can get anything other than Birthday cabin decorations that are put up by steward at turn down service.  Does anyone know if we can have a sign that says "Thank You!" placed on her door?  How would I get that done?

51 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

We want to have a door sign on our SIL's cabin door at embarkation.  In the past, I've seen "Congratulations", "Retirement" door signs but I don't see anywhere where you can get anything other than Birthday cabin decorations that are put up by steward at turn down service.  Does anyone know if we can have a sign that says "Thank You!" placed on her door?  How would I get that done?

Might be hit or miss whether this even gets done on embarkation day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I realize that you are approaching this from the angle of a sign being provided by Princess...but *many* people just print up their own sign and stick it to the door with magnets.  You could make it much more personalized in this way.

Thanks, I am hoping that she would see the sign when she first approaches her cabin at embarkation.  This will be her first cruise and will be with us as we are finally allowed to go to our cabins.  So I wouldn't have the opportunity to get the sign up without her seeing it with us earlier.

Have not seen a thank you sign. Signs are not always in place when you first board. Cabin stewards are very busy just getting the cabins ready for new passengers. Signs may come later. Maybe you want to thank with a gifted bottle of wine, flowers or something else.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, skynight said:

Maybe you want to thank with a gifted bottle of wine, flowers or something else.

Heh, heh... She did something really special for us so we are gifting her and her daughter the cruise in an adjoining stateroom.  I just thought the 'Thank You' sign would be a nice touch.

Colo, where were you when we first booked this cruise for her?  The Magnum of Dom would have been less :classic_sad::classic_tongue: 

Edited by Daniel A
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Daniel-

When you and your party got to your embarkation lunch, excuse yourself to "go to the rest room" and hang your sign then.

Good Idea but without opening a hornet's nest on this thread, it's been my experience that on Regal, you can't get access to the decks where the staterooms are until they release all the staterooms.  I would expect that once they're released she will want to go right away to see her stateroom and balcony.  I'm sure I will be able to cobble some type of plan together.  I was just thinking it would be so much easier if Princess could do it for me.

45 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Good Idea but without opening a hornet's nest on this thread, it's been my experience that on Regal, you can't get access to the decks where the staterooms are until they release all the staterooms.  I would expect that once they're released she will want to go right away to see her stateroom and balcony.  I'm sure I will be able to cobble some type of plan together.  I was just thinking it would be so much easier if Princess could do it for me.

Recruit your wife to run interference for you. Tag team this project!

Maybe a quick visit to the PSD and ask for crew assistance. I think that they would help you do this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Not really true. We were in our cabin at 10:45 a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, Daniel A said:

Heh, heh... She did something really special for us so we are gifting her and her daughter the cruise in an adjoining stateroom.  I just thought the 'Thank You' sign would be a nice touch.

Colo, where were you when we first booked this cruise for her?  The Magnum of Dom would have been less :classic_sad::classic_tongue: 

The Plaid Kangaroo on Etsy (I cannot get the forum to take the link) does an amazing job with cruise signs. The quality is high and she will do her best to make something really special. We were surprised by the quality of the sign and speed at which it was done.

• Like 1

We have always been able to get to our stateroom as soon as we board to put our carryon luggage in the cabin even if it is being cleaned.  We simply drop it and go to lunch since we are usually one of the first group to board.  It would be easy to put a sign on the door just make sure the steward knows it is your sign.

47 minutes ago, swe9742 said:

Wow they have all kinds of great signs, Thanks!!!  Are the cabin doors on Emerald Princess magnetic?

Yes. Cabin doors and walls are metal.

We usually get one of these custom name badge signs for our door:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/725536226/name-tag-itinerary-magnets-customizable

Here’s the sign that I ordered. 

image.thumb.jpeg.182e0e47b91333e4c731e392d9da161e.jpeg

You can change the wording at the top to anything you want. Excellent service. And yes the doors & walls are magnetic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.344d3f7a59311e42b30175614bdd0f72.jpeg

Here’s the sign when I moved it to the wall next to the door. 

Tom😎

On 1/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, swe9742 said:

Wow they have all kinds of great signs, Thanks!!!  Are the cabin doors on Emerald Princess magnetic?

As has been posted in other threads over time, don't put anything on your door that you are not willing to lose to thieves...

i know you wanted it on her door for check in, but possibly sneak back during dinner and put it on her door so its a surprise after dinner treat?  or maybe for muster, send them ahead and trail behind and then add it to their door.

your sign turned out great!  i'm looking to make some for our alaska trip, Dad retired in september, and this is the big hoorah to celebrate.

Edited by vampiress