Any difference between check in online or on the APP?

fragilek

Old fashioned girl here, we usually check in on line and print all stuff (and back up tour info/dining info off).  However, I noticed when you go to check it recommends using an app suggesting this is faster at the port.  Can someone explain why/what is faster about turning having checked in using the app and also what would happen if phone breaks/down before getting there (we are touring about before cruise).

Thanks

The APP has all the tools you need before and during the cruise;  You can view menus, IM anyone that you add to your chat, check balances, daily activity.  We found it INVALUABLE when communicating with our kids;  Also, the express pass on the AP, allows expedited check in [ less than 5 minutes]

1 minute ago, redwings1958 said:

The APP has all the tools you need before and during the cruise;  You can view menus, IM anyone that you add to your chat, check balances, daily activity.  We found it INVALUABLE when communicating with our kids;  Also, the express pass on the AP, allows expedited check in [ less than 5 minutes]

dose everyone have to do the app checkin or only one person in the cabin

Just checked in on the Reflection in Barcelona in November.  Had a hassle with the photo upload on the app so just did what we always do, quick print of the boarding documents.  Check-in time, 5 minutes.  Some people who had used the app still had to retake their photos, so no time saving.

After you are on board the app does have some nice features.

Edited by ECCruise

Both will work almost identically.     The only advantage would be if you choose to upload a picture.   It will speed you up slightly as it is used for Face ID for Check In.    Using the App when we walked up to the agent prior to security the Face ID program recognized us and we didn't even need a boarding pass.

I like the app as I can just scan passports with the camera.  I don't believe you can upload a photo on the app anymore (just can take one with the camera).   Since I have photos saved that I know are acceptable to Celebrity I then go to the website and edit the Xpress pass and upload the photo.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've done my check-in on the app and can see my express pass there - do I still need to print it out?

No, just show it on your phone/tablet when you arrive.

A data connection is not required at the time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, IBookHePays said:

I uploaded a photo for my husband and myself online, but it doesn't show up on the app. Will I need to take a photo while checking in at the pier, or is the Xpress pass all that is needed?

It won't show up on the app.   They will decide if they need to retake the photo, but it only takes an extra minute.   

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, IBookHePays said:

I uploaded a photo for my husband and myself online, but it doesn't show up on the app. Will I need to take a photo while checking in at the pier, or is the Xpress pass all that is needed?

X will either take a photo at the pier, use the photo(s) you uploaded or re-take photo(s) if the ones you uploaded don't meet their needs. Even if they have to take (re-take) photo(s) it only takes a minute or less. Don't stress. No data or WIFI connection is necessary to use the app on board. Even if you've done the Xpress pass on the app, it's not a bad idea to still print the Xpress pass as a back up. We boarded in Ft. Lauderdale one morning after some nasty storms hit the area. Although our phones were working fine all the terminal electronics were down and it took forever! Those without paper documentation had to wait much longer than those with it.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1