Watch found on Island Princess

HomelessBear

I know this is a long shot, but I’d kick myself if I didn’t at least try. We were on the Island P from 20th Dec over Xmas, in cabin C328. DH found a distinctive ladies watch in the cabin - but not in the safe. We handed it into Passenger Services and I stressed that I really hope they can return it to its rightful owner. 
Just thought it worth posting in here on the slim off-chance that the owner may read this, and will hopefully get back their treasured possession. If I’d lost it, I would want to try anything to get it back. 

• Like 1

Hope the watch finds its way home.  Reminds of a meeting where the speaker told us he'd lost his wallet in the room.  He told us the wallet had $150 in it and he would give $30 to whomever turned it in.  Our society president immediately said, "I'll give $50."

Again.  Hopes the watch finds its home.

Cheers

Thanks for doing the honest thing and turning it in and posting about it.

The last poster that did this a few weeks ago posted here as well but he decided to take the item home with him. Which he justified by posting on CC about it.  🙄

Princess is pretty good about reuniting these type of items with the rightful owner.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The last poster that did this a few weeks ago posted here as well but he decided to take the item home with him. Which he justified by posting on CC about it.  🙄

Princess is pretty good about reuniting these type of items with the rightful owner.

Good point .Seems to me it is the best policy to turn in the item to Princess or any other cruise line  .Then the next best thing is to post it on the cruise roll call what you did ,so the person has a chance of getting it back 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 2

I really don’t need thanks for being honest. It’s the right thing to do and the way I was brought up. I know how I’ve felt before when I’ve lost things of particularly sentimental value, and it’s horrible. 

I’ll apologise that I’ve got 2 posts saying the save thing - sorry - I couldn’t find this 1st post after and thought I’d not done it properly, so I “tried again”. You’d think I’d be better now with technology at my age. Thank you for your patience at my stupidity. 
Happy New Year by the way .....if it’s not too late to say it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree. A few years ago I left a GPS device on the bus following a Princess excursion. When I First went to customer service they weren’t able to help. A while later they contacted me, because the bus driver had turned it in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billco said:

I agree. A few years ago I left a GPS device on the bus following a Princess excursion. When I First went to customer service they weren’t able to help. A while later they contacted me, because the bus driver had turned it in.

23 hours ago, ukestrummer said:

They will keep it, will become LOST in system 

We seem to have an example from 'billco' of the system working.

I once left a watch in the lido -- a nothing $50 sports watch.

Someone turned it in, and I was able to collect at the purser's desk.

It was in a log of found items, and I had to sign that I collected it.

I remember a long time ago on the old crown princess looking for something that I had lost...

They had a big box of stuff behind the desk that they look through.

They didn't have my item, but they did have ONE super tall platform shoe.

I could understand losing both, but if you're walking back to your cabin with just one,

don't you notice the 'rocking'?

I'm thinking alcahol might have been involved...