Extravaganza Buffet?

winnipeg melody

IME the brunch/lunch in the OV has been on the last sea day,  various  meat carving stations,  chocolate fountain, shrimp, ice & fruit carvings.   It isn’t well publicized and more often than not I have headed into  the OV for a salad to discover it is the special brunch/lunch. 

• Like 1

On a cruise we sailed last March,  there was a fabulous spread on St Patrick's day in the OV.   The best fish and chips ever,  and lots of Irish and English and "green" desserts all kinds.  I don't recall that it was the last sea day, but on the actual holiday.  Was wonderful,  but not quite as fabulous as the brunch they previously presented in the MDR.  Those were the days!!

On 1/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, cruisestitch said:

Usually the last sea day.  Chocolate fountain, lots of shrimp, special carving stations, have all been seen on my last cruises.    They no longer do it in the MDR, it's up in the Oceanview Cafe.

Not sure if it’s a cutback or a glitch but, the Extravaganza Lunch today on Reflection was a big disappointment. With the exception of the chocolate fountain line-up, a couple of fruit carvings and a couple extra cakes, it was just a plain old buffet. Not a single shrimp to be found.