Exciting announcement

Pirateguy

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Presumably Brand Ambassador simply involves being well known, having a clean reputation, popular across target markets, saying nice things about P&O, allowing your name to be used  -  and receiving a large sum of money. 

Nice work......

Not sure about the clean reputation - there have already been comments elsewhere about his tax avoidance! That being said he does appear to be a brilliant all round musician.

Happy that my suggestion is wrong. 

It would be good if Gary Barlow entertained us on the maiden cruise but somehow I think that is unlikely. Not a great fan but I think he would be excellent in the Limelight Club.

40 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Not sure about the clean reputation - there have already been comments elsewhere about his tax avoidance! That being said he does appear to be a brilliant all round musician.

You're absolutely right. Involved in an aggressive tax avoidance scheme.  Rather a dirty reputation then, given that it's cheating the NHS out of desperately needed funds.

Maybe Carnival see him as a good fit, given the way they arrange their own corporate affairs for tax purposes. 

1 hour ago, Spike11 said:

As long as it's legal,I don't see a problem.Some plumbers are more dodgy,taking loads of cash.Not me I hasten to add,lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

As long as it's legal,I don't see a problem.Some plumbers are more dodgy,taking loads of cash.Not me I hasten to add,lol.

I don’t want to turn this into a tax avoidance thread, but as someone who has paid their fair share of personal and business tax, I do take exception to very rich people going out of their way to avoid paying their fair share! Having said that I do think that P&O have done really well to secure his services ( whatever they might be).

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:51 PM, Presto2 said:

I may sound stupid but Gary Barlow plays and sings …………. but so does Andrea Bocelli …………

Ha ha

We can't even open our e-mail or any links so have no idea what is happening at the momet

I don't like to brag ……. but …. I am :classic_biggrin::classic_laugh::classic_smile:

Shame I can't win a free cruise as a result !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Maybe he will do the launch on July 4th

If he has an actual job to do rather than just being a name associated with the brand, he should be there at the beginning i.e. the maiden cruise, to get his ideas and standards across straightaway. Start as you intend standards to continue. Obviously he won’t be on Iona permanently, but the maiden and Ionafest seem to be two occasions when he should be there. Further information about his role, which has been promised, will be interesting.

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If he has an actual job to do rather than just being a name associated with the brand, he should be there at the beginning i.e. the maiden cruise, to get his ideas and standards across straightaway. Start as you intend standards to continue. Obviously he won’t be on Iona permanently, but the maiden and Ionafest seem to be two occasions when he should be there. Further information about his role, which has been promised, will be interesting.

He is on 2 cruises, in August and October. £25 per ticket, first come, first served... Good luck booking them through the new CP😂😂😂

Andy 

20 hours ago, Spike11 said:

I don’t want to turn this into a tax avoidance thread, but as someone who has paid their fair share of personal and business tax, I do take exception to very rich people going out of their way to avoid paying their fair share! Having said that I do think that P&O have done really well to secure his services ( whatever they might be).

It was my attempt at humour.I am a retired plumber.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have just been blocked by Barlow on twitter... 

Don't know why... 

Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it... 😊

Andy 

I'm sure he'll "want you back, want you back for good!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

He is doing the Iona fest, but nothing announced for the maiden. 

Andy 

Ah yes just seen the email. As you said good luck to people trying to book via the CP 😂

I must admit, if I was on the maiden I’d be very grumpy about all the extras for the 4th July cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Must be in the Theatre - Limelight would fill in no time.

It is in the 900 seat theatre. 2 performances only so only 1/3 of passengers will get the chance to pay for the opportunity (all proceeds to charity) to see him. Maybe 2/3 won’t want to see him anyway.