Equinox Revolution

dthomaso

I am happy nothing else was done to EQ. All cabins now I believe have new bedding, carpet, and drapes. All I have read about the "new" furniture on Edge has been that it is uncomfortable and not  functional, ie. small balcony tables, low chairs, etc. Also, there were supposed to be several new inside cabins added. Never a good thing to add more people to a ship! Never wanted to see those extra suites taking up a potion of the Sky Lounge as on Reflection. A hot tub on the Retreat sun deck would not be very useful in the Caribbean where EQ is currently sailing year round. However, a small dining area with shade over it would have been a good addition. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

All the renewal of the suite and other cabins, the hot tub on the suite deck the new furniture in cabins.(

As Solstice Class ships are only about 10 years old the renewal of all suites and cabins has always been planned for Millenium Class ships only. 

We were on Equinox in September...The sofa in our cabin was changed as were the mattress and bedding. Carpets and curtains were the same (but still in good order). The balcony furnishings were a real disappointment (Royal Suite), hard lie back chairs with a footstool and the chairs with the table again had no cushions...no where near as comfortable as the old furnishings.

The suite deck had lovely sunbeds and excellent service but was far too hot with no water feature and very little shade. 

We asked when the refit would be finished and were told that there is no present schedule, all other ships will be done first.

We had a great cruise making the most of the ship. However, our balcony is important to us and we would not be willing to pay that price again for uncomfortable seating and a sundeck which isn’t much good either...

We did feed back to the suite manager our disappointment with the deck furnishings and asked for it to be forwarded...The deck area isn’t massive and I can understand them looking at lie back chairs and footstools rather than sunbeds but at least make them cushioned! Our butler did bring us some cushions from the retreat deck which made the chairs more usable but not perfect and a bit of a health and safety risk as they were unsecured and you could find yourself slipping off...

Would we cruise or recommend Equinox again? Possibly, but we are more likely to look at the other fully refitted S class options with a better sun deck and hope that in the Royal Suite they will have reconsidered the deck furnishings...

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We were on Equinox in September...The sofa in our cabin was changed as were the mattress and bedding. Carpets and curtains were the same (but still in good order). The balcony furnishings were a real disappointment (Royal Suite), hard lie back chairs with a footstool and the chairs with the table again had no cushions...no where near as comfortable as the old furnishings.

The suite deck had lovely sunbeds and excellent service but was far too hot with no water feature and very little shade. 

We asked when the refit would be finished and were told that there is no present schedule, all other ships will be done first.

We had a great cruise making the most of the ship. However, our balcony is important to us and we would not be willing to pay that price again for uncomfortable seating and a sundeck which isn’t much good either...

We did feed back to the suite manager our disappointment with the deck furnishings and asked for it to be forwarded...The deck area isn’t massive and I can understand them looking at lie back chairs and footstools rather than sunbeds but at least make them cushioned! Our butler did bring us some cushions from the retreat deck which made the chairs more usable but not perfect and a bit of a health and safety risk as they were unsecured and you could find yourself slipping off...

Would we cruise or recommend Equinox again? Possibly, but we are more likely to look at the other fully refitted S class options with a better sun deck and hope that in the Royal Suite they will have reconsidered the deck furnishings...

It will be interesting to see if they retain the bath on the Silhouette RS when it is complete.

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It will be interesting to see if they retain the bath on the Silhouette RS when it is complete.

I assume you mean the outside bath! We do occasionally use it but I think we would prefer and get more out of the added outdoor space...

The cacti on the balcony don’t help either as you have to manoeuvre furnishings around them...

We are on the Silhouette in October...I do hope that they have listened to the constructive criticism re furnishings on Equinox and Edge...

Edited by chemmo

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

I assume you mean the outside bath! We do occasionally use it but I think we would prefer and get more out of the added outdoor space...

The cacti on the balcony don’t help either as you have to manoeuvre furnishings around them...

We are on the Silhouette in October...I do hope that they have listened to the constructive criticism re furnishings on Equinox and Edge...

I will know in around 5 weeks although unsure about what cabin type we will end up with. Booked CS but bids lodged for RS and PH (which are currently not available). Ship looks full unless someone releases the RS that was there last night.

15 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I will know in around 5 weeks although unsure about what cabin type we will end up with. Booked CS but bids lodged for RS and PH (which are currently not available). Ship looks full unless someone releases the RS that was there last night.

I will look out for your reviews!

We have splurged on the PH in October although our usual S class choice is the RS...Sincere best wishes for a successful upgrade! 

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I will look out for your reviews!

We have splurged on the PH in October although our usual S class choice is the RS...Sincere best wishes for a successful upgrade! 

CS is big enough for 2 of us and couldn't justify the extra cost which was about £8,000 to get 2 bottles of spirits, free speciality rests and some free washing (plus a bigger room of course but, with the balcony bath in place, less balcony room than our CS with the large balcony at the side of the hump). 

Then our daughter decided to join us!!

45 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

CS is big enough for 2 of us and couldn't justify the extra cost which was about £8,000 to get 2 bottles of spirits, free speciality rests and some free washing (plus a bigger room of course but, with the balcony bath in place, less balcony room than our CS with the large balcony at the side of the hump). 

Then our daughter decided to join us!!

Yes! I understand...We talked about booking S1 cabins when our son flew the nest but rather than him fly we have his GF joining us. Seriously not complaining at all...With the busy lives young adults lead both with work and social commitments  it can be hard to get quality time! We probably spend more quality time with our son on a 10 day cruise than in the six months before and after...

We didn’t take to the CS on S class, it was the room we had on our first Celebrity cruise. I think it is a ‘marmite’ suite...you love it or you hate it. Both my husband and self didn’t like sleeping in an ‘inside’ cabin and I do find a shower over the bath hard (I am small)...We did like the Jack and Jill idea bathroom, however, and the balcony was nice. Since then we have used the ‘excuse’ of our son being with us to book a RS...I must say with four of us getting the premium drinks, unlimited Speciality dining...it does make the cost per head for the PH seem more reasonable!

OP apologies for going off topic!!!

Edited by chemmo

17 hours ago, 39august said:

I am happy nothing else was done to EQ. All cabins now I believe have new bedding, carpet, and drapes. All I have read about the "new" furniture on Edge has been that it is uncomfortable and not  functional, ie. small balcony tables, low chairs, etc. Also, there were supposed to be several new inside cabins added. Never a good thing to add more people to a ship! Never wanted to see those extra suites taking up a potion of the Sky Lounge as on Reflection. A hot tub on the Retreat sun deck would not be very useful in the Caribbean where EQ is currently sailing year round. However, a small dining area with shade over it would have been a good addition. 

From some recent reviews, I don't think carpet has been replaced in all of the cabins...and perhaps not even half.  Hope I am wrong as I board 2/22.

Edited by blueboro
add word

We were on her in October and the only changes in our cabin was the bedding, including dust ruffle and decorative pillows and new drapes. The carpet was the old rust color and so was the sofa, which looked a bit worse for wear. The furniture was the same as on previous cruises. I don't know if the bathrooms were to be modified, but ours had not been. I assume that they were working from the suites on down to 2D cabins... were were in a 1A. I too am wondering if they are making changes while the ship is in service. The only changes I noticed, as a non suite passenger... was on deck 3... new carpet and furniture in the Passport bar area. To be honest... I was very happy that the Sky Lounge still had its broad expansive views. Still love the ship even if the cabin had not been updated. My only complaint was that the sofa looked dirty... I think it was just old. I did not see any changes in the dining room (never really liked the Vegas Elvis look of that room... but doesn't impact my enjoyment of dining there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

We were on her in October and the only changes in our cabin was the bedding, including dust ruffle and decorative pillows and new drapes. The carpet was the old rust color and so was the sofa, which looked a bit worse for wear. The furniture was the same as on previous cruises. I don't know if the bathrooms were to be modified, but ours had not been. I assume that they were working from the suites on down to 2D cabins... were were in a 1A. I too am wondering if they are making changes while the ship is in service. The only changes I noticed, as a non suite passenger... was on deck 3... new carpet and furniture in the Passport bar area. To be honest... I was very happy that the Sky Lounge still had its broad expansive views. Still love the ship even if the cabin had not been updated. My only complaint was that the sofa looked dirty... I think it was just old. I did not see any changes in the dining room (never really liked the Vegas Elvis look of that room... but doesn't impact my enjoyment of dining there.

We were in a suite in August and the only changes we saw was new balcony furniture, new bed and bedding, and two butt ugly gray robes hanging in the closet.

The Equinox really got the short end of the stick with the upgrades and is now being overlooked.  A week dry dock to finish up doesn't seem unreasonable.  Celebrity could have picked any week before releasing the 2021 - 2022 schedule.  I like the short 6 day itineraries, which are offered on the Equinox.  I have two cruises booked  so I'm not really outraged by the incomplete dry dock. 😉

• Like 1