Steakhouse Appetizers

amsred2

I thought I read that you can order as many appetizers as you wanted in the Steakhouse but only one entree. Is this correct? If so, there is no way I could decide on my own what I would have. What say you...

A. Bone Marrow and Beef Tartar (I've always wanted to try this but is usually too high end for my wallet).

B. Risotto (With Crab...just YUMMO)

C. Baked Onion Soup (My all-time fav!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grimpil said:

not to complicate things... my fav is the lobster bisque, the smoked oysters were a hit 

Seriously dude 🙄   I'm gonna have to go around to all the tables and get a consensus!  lol

38 minutes ago, amsred2 said:

I thought I read that you can order as many appetizers as you wanted in the Steakhouse but only one entree. Is this correct? If so, there is no way I could decide on my own what I would have. What say you...

A. Bone Marrow and Beef Tartar (I've always wanted to try this but is usually too high end for my wallet).

Not sure if that is correct !!Had dinner there over 15 times never asked for more :)

Last August I was on the sunshine. They only let me order a salad and one app. I asked to order a few apps but they didn’t let anyone in our party do that. I read here you could order more than one, but the server was a bit prickly and don’t know if she was just being strict or if it is a policy change. 

1 hour ago, swissh40 said:

Last August I was on the sunshine. They only let me order a salad and one app. I asked to order a few apps but they didn’t let anyone in our party do that. I read here you could order more than one, but the server was a bit prickly and don’t know if she was just being strict or if it is a policy change. 

Same with me.  I tried to order more, but was quickly denied.  What surprised me was that I then offered to pay additional $ for the apps, but was again turned down.

Garnett

10 hours ago, amsred2 said:

I’d have the same problem! 

10 hours ago, grimpil said:

not to complicate things... my fav is the lobster bisque, the smoked oysters were a hit 

I'm on the other side with the lobster bisque. I LOVE lobster bisque. The one in the steakhouse was probably my least favorite one that I can remember. It tried too hard to be different.

Like others have said, I have been allowed to substitute a second app instead of a salad but no extra apps other than that. I have never left the steak house hungry though. I do sometimes have a difficult time deciding, so many great choices!

I usually eat in the Steakhouse once during a week long Carnival cruise and have enjoyed 2 apps instead of a salad and an app whenever I asked the waitstaff for this option.  Last time I did this was autumn of 2019.

I highly doubt that one can order as many apps as desired {meaning 3 or more} as posed in the OP's question.

1 hour ago, Cruiseman38 said:

Was on Breeze last June.  Went to the steakhouse and was told we were allowed one app and one salad or two apps.  Was not allowed to get more.

I've never done it as I enjoy the salad, however what you have stated is what I have read a number of times on these boards over the years.  Any variance is probably just one of those "depends on who you get" situations.  

Still debating what I am going to order as an app on our cruise next month.. so many fantastic options!

• Like 1

Maybe not applicable, but, the night we are scheduled for the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise frog legs are offered as an appetizer in the MDR.  Any chance of asking for the frog legs as an app? 

2 hours ago, jb58 said:

Maybe not applicable, but, the night we are scheduled for the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise frog legs are offered as an appetizer in the MDR.  Any chance of asking for the frog legs as an app? 

Since I think MDR and Steakhouse use separate galleys, I wouldn't do this.  What you could do if you don't want to miss the frog legs is go to MDR first and let them know you are just getting apps that night, then go to the steakhouse for you main meal.

When my husband and I go we might each order a separate app and split, stretching our choices.

16 hours ago, amsred2 said:

Go 3 different nights.  Problem solved!  👌

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Since I think MDR and Steakhouse use separate galleys, I wouldn't do this.  What you could do if you don't want to miss the frog legs is go to MDR first and let them know you are just getting apps that night, then go to the steakhouse for you main meal.

When my husband and I go we might each order a separate app and split, stretching our choices.

That's how I'd do it. I did that with dessert on Bitter N Blanc night last cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I've never gotten soup or salad. I could've swore they said one starter. The soups and salads are listed under starters. Of course I've never left hungry so maybe I don't need it.

I agree that it is enough food we probably don't need all the courses 🙂 From Carnival's website, though,  you are entitled to a salad too:

Your meal includes an appetizer, salad, entrée, side, and dessert.

I've also always heard of it including an amuse bouche, even if it wasn't listed.  If soups and salads are listed under starters then I would feel comfortable asking if I can get any two items from the list.

53 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I agree that it is enough food we probably don't need all the courses 🙂 From Carnival's website, though,  you are entitled to a salad too:

Your meal includes an appetizer, salad, entrée, side, and dessert.

I've also always heard of it including an amuse bouche, even if it wasn't listed.  If soups and salads are listed under starters then I would feel comfortable asking if I can get any two items from the list.

That you do get. It's different depending on the night. The first night is a mini slider. Others I know of are shrimp...and cheese three ways.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1