On 1/20/2020 at 2:38 PM, jimdalva said:

We are looking to do our first Transatlantic , Maybe April 10 2021 on Rhapsody OTS. Once in Rome we would like a land tour that takes us around to Barcelona . Then a Med cruise, and fly back to Orlando from Barcelona. The 2 cruises are easy, lots to pick from. But a land tour from Rome to Barcelona is not so easy. Any advice or experiences would be welcome.

I've done both cruise and land tours. One of my favorites was actually planned around availability of FF mile flights but seemed like what you may be interested in - we loved it.

From Rome we took a train to Milan and spent a day there - beautiful city with lots to see and do. The train trip is along the coast and is interesting  and fun way to see both the Tuscan countryside and the coastal region of western Italy. If you have time you can take a short train ride to Lake Como, nestled in Italian Alps.

From Milan we took a train to Monaco, then another train to Andorra, before final leg to Barcelona. This added over a week to our trip.

Of course the obvious quick trip is by air, but if you have the time and like train trips and seeing more this makes a terrific experience for combined cruise/land trip.

• Administrators
On 1/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, navybankerteacher said:

HELLO !!!!!   Aren’t we discussing trans-Atlantics on this board right now?

6 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

You might want to email the administrators of this board. Are you listening Cruise Critic?  

lauras@cruisecritic.com 

I received two emails today about this; here's your new forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2474-transatlantic-transpacific-repositioning-trans-ocean-cruises/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 2:44 PM, Cruisingranny1 said:

I was also looking for a TA board. We are doing our first in Oct from Barcelona to Tampa. I was wondering how time changes work on a TA? All of our other cruises we kept on ship time but how does that work on a TA? We surely dont stay on Barcelona time until we get to Tampa do we? Sorry if this is a silly question! 🙂

We have done several from Barcelona. Always the same, middle of the trip six 25 hour days in row. 

On 1/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, Cruisingranny1 said:

I was also looking for a TA board. We are doing our first in Oct from Barcelona to Tampa. I was wondering how time changes work on a TA? All of our other cruises we kept on ship time but how does that work on a TA? We surely dont stay on Barcelona time until we get to Tampa do we? Sorry if this is a silly question! 🙂

Typically an hour a day on sea days.  Varies by cruiselines if they do it early afternoon e.g 2 pm becomes 1pm (or 3pm depending on direction) or middle of the night the way daylight savings is handled.

Howdy! emo22.gif

I am moving this thread to a new home.  Transatlantic, Transpacific, Repositioning & Trans-Ocean Cruises

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have all of you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, Cruisingranny1 said:

Just about every night the ship moves the time ahead or back depending on if ship is going east or west