Plastic Water Bottles Being Replaced

Karemark

11 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Currently onboard the Norwegian Encore. I’ve probably drank about 12 of these JUST waters in the past three days. I actually like it. Your hand also doesn’t get cold from holding it like a normal water bottle would. 

Could you post a photo of the 'ingredients' listing shown on the package - interested in what 'Just Water' is made up of.

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Could you post a photo of the 'ingredients' listing shown on the package - interested in what 'Just Water' is made up of.

Here's the company website to get you started https://justwater.com/ourwater/

19 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

All newer cruise ships use reverse osmosis for water filtering and in addition the public locations for drinking water, bars, buffet etc. Have an additional carbon filter. So all potable water on cruise ships are safe to drink. As you indicate. Reverse osmosis will remove sodium. That is a fact. You can filter sea water with one and drink it. Many bottled water companies add vitamins, nutrients and flavor. Others just bottle tap water.

Have witnessed ships in various ports of call taking on potable water.  It's not all coming from reverse osmosis.  

37 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The SHIP has reverse osmosis to filter the water being taken from shore before it is set throughout the ship.

Sounds right.  Though had talked to one officer during a luncheon (from engineering department) who told us they do take it from the ocean, but are limited as to where they can dump the brine.  He told me they needed to supplement with potable water from ports.  Grenada seems to be a usual they take on water each time we are there (as was two weeks ago).  

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sounds right.  Though had talked to one officer during a luncheon (from engineering department) who told us they do take it from the ocean, but are limited as to where they can dump the brine.  He told me they needed to supplement with potable water from ports.  Grenada seems to be a usual they take on water each time we are there (as was two weeks ago).  

I have mentioned this before. I live in a city that filters salt water wells using a reverse osmosis system.

19 hours ago, hallux said:

Here's the company website to get you started https://justwater.com/ourwater/

Thanks for that, but I can't find an ingredients label that shows the composition of water that would be in the bottle on that site.

On the site I found an analysis listing of the source water - some on that list may concern some people 😮

27 minutes ago, mr walker said:

On the site I found an analysis listing of the source water

That would be it if the diagram also on that page is accurate.  Spring > UV light > Ozone > Package  If that's accurate, the only makeup of that water is what's in the water quality report.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 7:47 AM, Joebucks said:

If you prefer bottled water, that is your opinion, and that is fine. I'm not sure anyone buys that you "swell up with ship water".

You have NO right to say what health issues I have with ship water. Maybe one day you will have the Pleasure of having your ankles swell to where you can 't walk....then come back and be snarky. I am not selling so you don't have to buy.

Edited by jrmende63
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I have mentioned this before. I live in a city that filters salt water wells using a reverse osmosis system.

Huge RO plant a few miles from the cruise port in St. Maarten.  Can see it on the coast road going towards airport/Maho beach. 

My sister lives north of you in Vero Beach.  Nice area you live in.  🙂  

Edited by island lady

On 1/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, boscobeans said:

Just got word from someone ON THE GRANDEUR RIGHT NOW.  

Plenty of bottled water in screw top P;LASTIC bottles at the bars on the ship'

I don't know where this DASANI can stuff started, but as of five minutes ago it is hogwash at least on the Grandeur.

Just got off Grandeur last weekend (sailed 1/31), and yeap, plastic bottles of water at all the bars.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, twodaywonder said:

The SHIP has reverse osmosis to filter the water being taken from shore before it is set throughout the ship.

That is NOT what Chengkp75 has said before.

They RO SEA WATER.  Potable water brought on board is not treated.  They rely on shore side treatment.

To do what you are saying would require a large storage tank for raw water, and a separate storage tank for treated water.

Okay. Yup. He is the only one who knows. Guess I am the stupid one. The water comes in and it is filtered and then sent to the holding tank. Same as any city does. There is no holding tank before the filtering process. But I know nothing. So no sense listening to anything I say. Not only did I work for our cities utility department for 10 years and I am very well versed on how it works. I was also give a tour on a ship by the chief engineer. Saw there reverse osmosis system. Exactly the same as the cities but much smaller. They do it exactly the same way. No difference at all. But again. What do I know? I certainly am not the so called expert on everything imaginable.

• Like 1

Gosh, maybe I am not so stupid after all.

Water is often brought onboard in ports. On some ships, water from ports is used strictly for non-drinking purposes like laundry, engine cooling or ballast. Other oceangoing ships treat port water along with the seawater they desalinate to increase the available drinking water.

• Like 1